Tinted Moisturizer w/ SPF

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a nice Tinted Moisturizer w/ an SPF?

I'm mainly looking for something inexpensive.

Also, has anyone tried Almays Smart Shade makeup?

i used to use one from Lancome, not sure if they still have it, but it was great....also, I'm not big on Avon but I believe they have one. Right now I just mix a foundation w/ an spf with Revlon Skinlights (spf 15) and make my own tinted moisturizer with an spf, though I'm not sure what the actual spf number is..

Cover Girl makes CG Smoothers SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer, which costs about $7... I bought the wrong shade, which I only used once. Depending on what skin tone you are, I can let you try it if you want. I bought Light-to-Medium, which isn't very dark at all... It comes in Fair-to-Light, Light-to-Medium, Medium-to-Dark and Deep... Color swatches are below... (Sorry, they're not bigger)

sw_moisturizer_fairtolight.gif
sw_moisturizer_lighttomedium.gif
sw_moisturizer_mediumtodark.gif
swcan_moisturizer_deep.gif

I use Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer which has an SPF 15. Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizers have SPF 20, and Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer has SPF 15.

Both Bobbi Brown & Stila also over sunscreens which can be used in conjunction w/ foundations, powders, etc. Stila offers it on both SPF 30 and SPF 50, and it doubles as a primer/moisturizer.

FYI, I'm not sure how many people know this or not, but using two SPF products with different "coverage" doesn't mean you're doubling your SPF factor. Whichever product you use that has the higher SPF will be the max amount you receive... Although, using two different levels can possibly lengthen the amount of time the SPF lasts. I've read this on both the Cosmetics Cop site as well as the Oil of Olay site... Just thought I'd get that out...

I use cover girls tm I mix fair/light with med/dark to get the right color for my coloring because the medium shade is just a tad to dark in winter and just a tad to light in summer (if that makes any sense).

i just got back from cvs and there's a fairly new group of skin care products called "Juice Organics" and in the area where the store has the displays showing what's new, there is a display with smaller sample sizes of their stuff, including a tinted moisturizer spf 30 - its a little sample vial, I think about $3.99. I think this is considered a "natural" product line, I bought the sample of the Vitamin C serum, using a coupon from a pink store flyer (not the usual cvs flyer) that they have had in the stores for the past few weeks (they are still there) so if you use that coupon you'll get $2 off the $3.99. Its worth trying for $1.99!! I'm in south jersey btw, which is where I THINK you are (???)

I know you're looking for something a little less expensive .... but I wanted to mention MAC select tint SPF15, I just love it! I use it almost every day and a little really does go a long way. In four mos. my bottle is only half gone, so overall costwise it works out pretty cheap

Latest posts

Back