Bare Escentuals!! I'm hooked!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been really unsure about this product! I kept thinking it's just a "powder" how can this really work.

Well I got some and I tried today for the first time and I truly don't think I will ever go back to liquid. With liquid my face always looked uneven and splothcy and really unnatural! I love how this looks......

This is the first time I have ever felt good and comfortable with the look of my makeup......

Just wanted to share!
yay.gif

yayyy!!!!!! i myself LOVE bare escentuals. i tried liquid ( dont know why) after buying b.e and ew i hated it! so i will never go back to liquid again!

I'm glad it works for you. My only complaint is the color selection...the lightest shade Fair isn't fair enough. Other than that I think it would be my preferred MMU as well.

I also love bare minerals....the foundation, mineral viel and warmth...i just love how it looks good on my skin.

I really like them too! I like playing with the eyeshadows. Sometimes I make a real dramatic looking by using the "foiling" techniche.

Yeah, it's great, so I gave all my liquid foundayion away to friends hand family, man now that I think about it was a expensive collection of foundation...
scream3.gif

Originally Posted by blackmettalic Does BE cover uneveness enough, though? Just curious. what do u mean by uneveness ? uneven skin tone ... red areas on your face ?
I just received my order of MMu and even though it`s not BE it`s still a great line. It covers realli well and it was realli easy to find a color that matched my skin. I like MMu because it`s light, It`s good for skin ... and the coverage is amazing. U don`t have to use a lot , so the Mu lasts 4ever... ..

however, I still use liquid from time to time ... I invested so much money into it ... I dont want to throw it away .. and I love the look of liquid foundation using the 187 ...

Originally Posted by goddess13 What is the "foiling" technique? ditto.

Originally Posted by missjewell I have been really unsure about this product! I kept thinking it's just a "powder" how can this really work.Well I got some and I tried today for the first time and I truly don't think I will ever go back to liquid. With liquid my face always looked uneven and splothcy and really unnatural! I love how this looks......

This is the first time I have ever felt good and comfortable with the look of my makeup......

Just wanted to share!
yay.gif

claps.gif
: yea! so glad u found something u like. Finding a perfect foundation is realli a pain in the arse ... LoL ....

Originally Posted by LVA what do u mean by uneveness ? uneven skin tone ... red areas on your face ?
I just received my order of MMu and even though it`s not BE it`s still a great line. It covers realli well and it was realli easy to find a color that matched my skin. I like MMu because it`s light, It`s good for skin ... and the coverage is amazing. U don`t have to use a lot , so the Mu lasts 4ever... ..

however, I still use liquid from time to time ... I invested so much money into it ... I dont want to throw it away .. and I love the look of liquid foundation using the 187 ...

Yes, mainly redness and uneven consistency ( common enlarged pore areas like on the nose, etc.).

Originally Posted by blackmettalic Yes, mainly redness and uneven consistency ( common enlarged pore areas like on the nose, etc.). I use Everyday Minerals and a lot of girls here have said that it`s similiear to BE ... With BE i guess using the sandwiching method ( veil, foundation,veil) will get rid of the pores.With the MMu that I`m using right now, U just have to remember that less is more ... cuz too much looks like u have dry flakey skin. it realli covers my red areas on the cheeks (I recently did a glycolic acid peel for the first time ..and had a lil reaction to it LoL) I didn`t want to put foundation on top of my red tomato face so I bought MMu .... U can`t even tell my face was red b4 ...

thx goodness the redness is going down though .... what a relief

Originally Posted by LVA what do u mean by uneveness ? uneven skin tone ... red areas on your face ?
I just received my order of MMu and even though it`s not BE it`s still a great line. It covers realli well and it was realli easy to find a color that matched my skin. I like MMu because it`s light, It`s good for skin ... and the coverage is amazing. U don`t have to use a lot , so the Mu lasts 4ever..

Oh yay! I was wondering if you ever got it & how you liked it
yay.gif

To "foil": just wet your brush - squeeze out the excess water, dip it in the eyeshadow and apply to lid (you need to wait for it to dry, if you are building the color up). This does not work with matt shadows, only the irridescent ones.

Hope this helps!

I have uneven skin and I have a really big chicken pock scar above my eye brow and it covered it really well. I was completely worried about the coverage and the coverage was excellent. I felt it covered better than my liquid.

And it lasts, maybe it was a fluke but my eyeshadow staid on just as I put it on 7 hours earlier and IT NEVER does that.....I used the foundation and then put eye primer on and the mineral veil.....Also I used the "monistat" (ha ha) primer and my makeup did not budge until I took it off......I am really excited about the Mineral concept....

Here is what happened put it on at 3 p.m. went to dinner, played with the kids, did some house work 10 o'clock came and I went to take it off and I was suprised to see that everything looked the same as when I put it on 7 hours earlier, I have always had a problem with my make up disappearing within in few hours.

eusa_whistle.gif
I accidentally found this kinda new idea in makeup yesterday when I was bidding on makeup brushes on Ebay. I'd no idea what a kabuki brush is for, but then I was so impressed by the before and after mineral makeup picture shown on some websites. Then, I determined to give my face a new try. I'm going to Sephora this Sunday to buy BE cosmetics! There are more choices at Sephora than its official site. I'm so excited about it!!!
yay.gif

Back