Brittle Nails

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What to do about brittle nails

The most common nail wreckers are harsh detergents and water, which can stress nail fibers. So be sure to put rubber gloves on while you clean or do dishes.

Also, avoid using perfume lotions that usually contain alcohol if your nails are brittle. It will only make your nails worse.

It may be possible that your calcium intake is low, as well.

SOURCE

Definitely been a problem throughout my life! However, since I've been using Sally Hansen Miracle Growth, my nails are actually stronger than ever and growing quite nicely! Thanks for the info Melissa!!!

Sheesh..I have to was my hands so frequently..I live with a lotion tube in my pockets..

*Bump*

Leave on nail treatment that works well for dry nails (already have nail oils/creams)? Any recommendations?

Two recommendations that I've already been given are OPI Nail Envy & Nail Tek III. Has anyone used these for dry nails & had success?

For reference, I have natural nails & have never worn acrylics.

Originally Posted by Retro-Violet cuiticle cream. thats the only one so far thats worked. ditto!

Thanks! I never wear gloves when I wash dishes and my nails def suffer because of that.

Originally Posted by mylaiva Thanks! I never wear gloves when I wash dishes and my nails def suffer because of that. I have to admit I don't, either. I used to many years ago. Maybe I ought to revisit that idea...

ugh, my nails are in terrible shape. when they grow, they break off, regardless of the hardener/strengthener i use. then i end up just giving up and going to magic nails to get some acrylics..lol

Just wanted to mention I started using my Miracle Growth again since posted to this thread almost a month and a half ago. My nails are now healthy and long! I forgot how well this stuff works! It's definitely helping to maintain them! I definitely, definitely recommend it! This is coming from a recovering nail biter who had thin, brittle nails to begin with *lol*

Aquilah: is that a green one, or a gold one?

23906_nail_grow.jpg

I ended up buying this one below & "just" started using it last night, so can't report anything back yet. The woman who rec'd it said she has been using it for 10 years now.

2620_triple_strong_lg.jpg

http://www.sallyhansen.com/nail_trea...ength_grow.cfm (link)

It's the gold one... I don't even wear gloves when I clean or wash dishes either. I fought with dry, brittle, thin nails forever!!! They're really healthy now! I'll see if I can find pics of what they used to look like, and then I can post a pic of what they look like now. JLMK if you want me to. I'm telling you, I'm in LOVE with that stuff! It's a HG/staple item for me!!! FYI, I've tried that green one, and it SUCKS! The only other one I'd attempt at is the blue one w/ marine botanicals.

Back