Mineral make up help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've never tried the mineral foundations before, but i really want to now, so can someone advise me on good brands?
wassatt.gif
wassatt.gif

If it helps, I'm looking for a foundation that will look glowy and illuminated, not 100% matte, my current liquids are hyper real and Rimmel's recover, and i'm a hopeless strobe cream addict
whistling.gif

So can anyone help me? Or point me in the direction of related threads?

Thanx muchly
g.gif

I've never tried any mineral makeup. There are so many threads on it, I can't easily come up with links for you, but I'll do some digging.

Bare Escentuals id and Jane Iredale both use Bismuth Oxychoride, which is not a mineral and many users have problems and skin reactions to it.

I'd recommend Studio Direct Cosmetics All Natural Bare Mineral line and their Shimmer Glow Finishing Powder.

Originally Posted by coconut_cutie I've never tried the mineral foundations before, but i really want to now, so can someone advise me on good brands?
wassatt.gif
wassatt.gif

If it helps, I'm looking for a foundation that will look glowy and illuminated, not 100% matte, my current liquids are hyper real and Rimmel's recover, and i'm a hopeless strobe cream addict
whistling.gif

So can anyone help me? Or point me in the direction of related threads?

Thanx muchly
g.gif

I currently use Bare Escentuals and LOVE IT (you can check my attachments in my profile to see how BE looks on me).My very first mineral foundation was sheer cover and it was very good as well, had awesome coverage, but BE matches my skintone better.

Thais

I'm using BE ( bare escentuals ) mineral foundation and i just love it. tehre is a certain glow that my skin looks after i put on the foundation, then just orderd my everyday minerals sample.

I ordered the samples from Everyday Minerals and love them. They cover much better than BE (I have freckles). When I need to reorder, I'm going to use Everyday Minerals. Loved their concealer and blush, too.

Carol

Everyday minerals in original glow or if that is too glow-y, go for semi matte. you can order free samples (but pay for shipping ) on their website. I just got samples today.

The only one I've tried is BE. It just didn't work for me and my super oily skin. I tried it several times and although it felt good after I applied it, it didn't last long enough for me.

I've always been a Jane Iredale person but recently discovered Monave. It has a much better texture and matches my NC45/C7 skintone exactly. It contains no bismuth. I luv MAC but will be wearing this more often in the summer. I have combo/oily skin. They have a great "try me" sample package.

For people that tried everyday minerals: please , write reviews! I was searching on reviews area and only could find 2 ... And i'm soo undecided on what blush should i get... I wish to try it , since it's "free" - i wouldn't have to pay taxes - they can't charge you for something you didn't pay to use and can't charge for the price of shipping (and i think that shipping to brazil would cost around 10 dollars)...

Latest posts

Back