Foreign Word Game :) Let's Learn and Play

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am so interested in foreign cultures, including, dressing, foods (ofcourse) MU brand..etc. This game is simple and very easy. we are gone start with a topic...like Food..then write the foreign name of the dish from ur country then next to explain it what it is, also name of the country..also provide us a picture of it. I think i have made it clear...

Let me start with the Food Category...am sure we will have so many categories and fun also..if your not from foreign you also can use english and such thing if you know from other countries or in languges..(if one category has different name in ur language please share it too)

Make sure always bold and underline the category...

Food

samosa (bangoly Food-Bangladesh, india, pakistan) Love it! it made of vegetables, meat...you can made it whatever you want with. mixture. Usually comes with potatoes wrap with flour. some time it taste like Jamaican Patty...Cruncyy..serves with sour or spicy sauses..

Samosa01.jpg
samosa.jpg

more images click here

Food

Kimchi (Korea) - Kimchi represents Korea's best known food. Koreans serve kimchi at almost every meal, and few Koreans can last more than a few days before cravings get the better of them. During the 1988 Summer Olympic Games, thousands of foreigners were introduced to it for the first time. Despite a reputation for being spicy, most people usually develop a taste for it, and many foreigners also find themselves missing it after returning to their home country. (SOURCE)

My Aunt is Korean so that is how I was introduced to it....at a very early age. Kimchi is side dish of fermented vegetables. Early kimchi dishes were relatively mild, spiced with fermented anchovies, ginger, garlic, and green onions. Koreans still use these ingredients today, but the spice most closely associated with modern kimchi is red pepper powder. Korea boasts more than two hundred types of kimchi, all rich in vitamins, minerals, and proteins created by the lactic acid fermentation of cabbage, radish, and other vegetables and seafood.

The kimchi served at a meal will vary according to region, season, and may differ according to the other dishes on the menu. A seaside region's kimchi will be saltier than that of a landlocked area, and summer cooks produce cooling water kimchis to contrast with the heartier cabbage kimchis of the autumn and winter. And a delicate cucumber kimchi sits better beside a bland noodle dish than beside a robust beef stew. To understand kimchi at its simplest, think of it is as divided into two kinds: seasonal kimchi (for short-term storage, made from vegetables that are fresh in the markets at any given time) and Kimjang kimchi (for long-term storage, made in quantity in late autumn). (SOURCE AND MORE INFORMATION)

kimch428s.jpg
pusan590s.jpg
pusan589s.jpg
pusan581s.jpg

yummm...kimchi look delicious...

Food

Chole (india-Punjab) chonabut (Bangladesh)

Usually made with chick peas (garbanzo beans), it is just as tasty and even healthier made with chana dal as it is adapted here.

Ingredients

can chick peas, large tomato, sliced medium tomato, chopped

tomato paste, large onions, green chillies, cumin seeds, chopped coriander

large peice of ginger, large flakes garlic,tbsp ghee or oil for frying,bay leaves,cinammon sticks,cloves,red chilli powder,turmeric powder

coriander powder, sugar, garam masala, punjabi chole masala

salt to taste

Garam masala is a mixture of fragrant, pulverized spices. In Bengal it consists of cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves. In other parts of India it may also include black peppercorns, nutmeg, coriander, and other spices. All Indian stores sell ground garam masala. More about Chole (click here)

panjabi_chole.jpg
cholewithpotatoes.jpg

Back