How to use bronzer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a pretty good tan started and I want to add some bronzer but I am a newbie to it, so how do I apply, etc....I did a search and couldn't find what I needed. Help!!!

Thanks a ton

most advice says that you should apply bronzer where the sun would naturally touch your face. try applying to your forehead, cheeks and chin. hope this helps.

I was advised to apply it to my cheeks, bridge of nose(sparingly) temples, and chin. I haven't tried applying it to my whole forehead yet, but Monniej, that sounds right; I'll try it out--thanks!

Originally Posted by monniej most advice says that you should apply bronzer where the sun would naturally touch your face. try applying to your forehead, cheeks and chin. hope this helps. ditto!

Originally Posted by monniej most advice says that you should apply bronzer where the sun would naturally touch your face. try applying to your forehead, cheeks and chin. hope this helps. yep!
i found the 3 tip someone advised was more contouring.

Cheeks,nose bridge,forehead close to hairline and chin,use dusting movements
smile.gif

I use on the apple of my cheeks, nose, chin and forehead, but I use it sparingly.

Originally Posted by broken I read somewhere that you should apply it like in a shape of a # 3 and a backward 3 on the other side of the face.But then I've also read to apply where the sun would hit you naturally as well, just as the people above said.

Hi,

This is true. Both methods are correct. But I will use it on myself primarily to contour.

ok, i get the contour part...but my mind is running wild with imagination as to how the "3" pattern looks like! i'm guessing the middle of three goes below your cheekbones?

Originally Posted by monniej most advice says that you should apply bronzer where the sun would naturally touch your face. try applying to your forehead, cheeks and chin. hope this helps.
iagree.gif

Originally Posted by pinkbundles ok, i get the contour part...but my mind is running wild with imagination as to how the "3" pattern looks like! i'm guessing the middle of three goes below your cheekbones? yep! like the top of the 3 is at the temples, the middle on the cheeks, the bottom towards the chin.

Originally Posted by SierraWren I was advised to apply it to my cheeks, bridge of nose(sparingly) temples, and chin. I haven't tried applying it to my whole forehead yet, but Monniej, that sounds right; I'll try it out--thanks! This is the best way to do it IMO... I apply it LIGHTLY to my chin and the bridge of my nose, then heavier on the tops of my cheekbones and blended onto my temples, then a LITTLE in an upside down V on either side of my forehead by the hairline.

my bronzer is just a hint darker than my skin tone (and non-shimmery), so i freely dust all over my t-zone with a large, soft, fluffy brush, and apply just a pop of blush on the apples of my cheeks.

usually you're advised to put it where the sun would naturally touch your face. so, careful don't load your brush with bronzer or you'll look fake, it would be the chin, your nose, i prefer putting bronzer on the hairline rather than the forehead (looks "dirty" on me as i don't naturally tan).

i also use bronzer for contour, so i apply it also on my cheeks (i do that fishy face and put it in the hollow), and with what's left on the brush i also accentuate my jaw.

i like Elke Von Freudenberg tutorial, search her tuts on youtube, i found them very helpful.

to where the sun normally hits your face...you can also use bronzer on your collarbones and to enhance your cleavage

Originally Posted by Maui_Princess /img/forum/go_quote.gif Is a kabuki brush the best to apply bronzer? for blending, why not? i don't know, i apply blush with my kabuki brush because i apply and blend my blush at the same time, but for bronzer, it would perhaps look too obvious. i prefer using the flawless brush from bare minerals. you can also use a slanted brush (for contour) or a blush brush, just make sure you clean it well after.

Originally Posted by KellyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use on the apple of my cheeks, nose, chin and forehead, but I use it sparingly. agreed, I apply my bronze goddes that way with a big fluffy brush, and then i use ANOTHER bronzer (usually something small like an ELF one) with a smaller brush on the apples of my cheeks, and i use a circular motion when i apply that. I look much darker than i am that way.

Back