What do you use so your hair doesn't friz in the rain/humidity

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i hate when my hair gets frizzy/curly because of the summer or because it rains! what products do you guys use for this problem to not happen?

christinexo, i hear ya. i would go with a leave-in conditioner

like from one of the more expensive lines, like bumble and bumble, or paul mitchell. inexpensive lines are pretty good

too. i use la looks and l'oreal's studio line. both are good,

but studio line has more variety of products than la looks.

there are alot of others as well. you might want to ask friends

and family abt what they use. you might want to check the

different threads here at mut. alot of excellent information.

hope this helps

PhytoDefrisant. A dime size amount on my (mid-back length) hair works wonders. Also, Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide serum is a very close second (use it sparingly, too).

I use a ton of things...but I'm still not happy with anything 100 percent....ok Frizz ease everyday is awesome! I also like that entire line by John Frieda ( the frizz ease line). It really does work. I can't stand having a ton of stuff in my hair, but as a frizzer I guess that's just inevitable (sp?).

Smooth down is cool too! Especially when you apply it to dry hair! I also use Paul Mitchelss super skinny hair leave in glossifier conditioner. Smells good too! lol!

Basically anything you put in it with oil (... I have even used olive oil ) will help. But the trick is to not put to much. It can be frustrating because you'll want to "get rid of the frizz right now and the more you put in your hair the better...." to quote how I always think anyways! lol! But don't do it! Resist that urge and put only a little at a time. That way you can stop before you're hair looks oily. And I got all full of myself a few times ( a week0 and I go wild with the product an it looks oily. It's a gentle process.

Best of luck and I hope I didn't scare you away by all my info! lol!

when i straighten my hair i use Paul Mitchell Straight Works. ive straightened it without and all i got was frizz when i went outside (i live in WA so its always kinda humid or raining a lot). but when i use the paul mitchell stuff, all i need to do is like wear a hoodie or a hat when its raining and it doesnt frizz or anything. its a god send.

StraightSexyHair's Power Straight Balm helps... but if you've got curly hair --- you might want to either consider going curly that day or bring a nice clip with you! lol Nothing is totally frizz proof when it comes to rain or high humidity
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 StraightSexyHair's Power Straight Balm helps... but if you've got curly hair --- you might want to either consider going curly that day or bring a nice clip with you! lol Nothing is totally frizz proof when it comes to rain or high humidity
wink.gif
LOL, yeah I kinda figured that.. never knew for sure though. I always hoped that there was this miracle top-secret celeb product that guarenteed no frizzies but, I have naturally curly hair and when I do straighten my hair and it's humid out I've noticed that product does help.. but, nothing is 100% frizz proof. I've been looking for a battery powered flat iron everywhere but, can't seem to find one ( you know, so that I could keep it in my purse and use it in the lady's room whenever my hair gets too unruly ). Does anyone know of one???

I use gel when I wear it curly. I like LA looks mega mega hold gel (the yellow one). It does help but I still get a little frizz. In the humidity nothing gets my hair totally frizz free. The gel helps the best. Also, don't touch your hair after you style it. Touching it causes frizz. Good luck!

Originally Posted by mac-whore LOL, yeah I kinda figured that.. never knew for sure though. I always hoped that there was this miracle top-secret celeb product that guarenteed no frizzies but, I have naturally curly hair and when I do straighten my hair and it's humid out I've noticed that product does help.. but, nothing is 100% frizz proof. I've been looking for a battery powered flat iron everywhere but, can't seem to find one ( you know, so that I could keep it in my purse and use it in the lady's room whenever my hair gets too unruly ). Does anyone know of one??? http://www.jasonshankey.co.uk/dsp_Pr...-Anywhere.html
Portable battery powered hair straightener. Product Features Portable ceramic hair straightener

Battery powered and ready for use anywhere

Compact design fits easily in your handbag

Integral case safely stores and becomes handle when in use Ceramic plates heat up for use in minutes

Ceramic plates lock in moisture and natural oils enhancing shine

Lightweight, ergonomic design for flexibility and ease of use

Includes mains powered battery charger

Keywords: Hair Products, Hair care, skin care.

I wish I could get my hair to even hold a curl. I have the straightest, finest hair. It won't do much' that's why it's always clipped back. My best friend takes about a dime size of lotion, just plain lotion and rubs it into her hair. the first time I saw her do that I thought she had lost her mind, but it works for her.

is "Frizz Ease" by John Frieda? =] I'd have to check that out! for now I use Kerastase Serum + L'Oreal Tecni Liss Cream ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> they're both great!

yep, the frizz ease line is by john freida. Thats what I use, just love the stuff!

i've been using the john frieda brilliant brunette shine shock gloss and it makes my hair smooth and keeps it pretty friz free

Originally Posted by christinexo http://www.jasonshankey.co.uk/dsp_Pr...-Anywhere.html
Portable battery powered hair straightener. Product Features Portable ceramic hair straightener

Battery powered and ready for use anywhere

Compact design fits easily in your handbag

Integral case safely stores and becomes handle when in use Ceramic plates heat up for use in minutes

Ceramic plates lock in moisture and natural oils enhancing shine

Lightweight, ergonomic design for flexibility and ease of use

Includes mains powered battery charger

Keywords: Hair Products, Hair care, skin care.

ohh cool
g.gif

I use biosilk...i absolutly love it, my hair has a bit of a wave though but it can get frizzy and flyaways if its hot out so i use just a drop

Originally Posted by Becka yep, the frizz ease line is by john freida. Thats what I use, just love the stuff! ditto for me! i'm a huge john frieda fan! it amazes me that everyone can use his line! good stuff!

Latest posts

Back