:( Family doctor...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My family doctor is moving next week to another Province. Since my arm/elbow is in terrible pain I phoned today to see if they had a cancellation and luckily they did. So I go in and he has the hospital report. I told him that my arm is in pain, taking Advil which is not working and I have a tendency to block out pain to cope with it due to the assaults. I told him that I block out the pain for days or weeks at a time thinking that I am okay but in the past I had injuries that should have been treated the same day but I left them because I was so numb from the abuse.

He says to me "Well obviously your arm is going to be in pain after the assault, keep taking the Advil. Many people have different coping methods with pain and that is just the way you deal with it."

I thought maybe I am not getting through to him about the pain because I never tend to complain. So I said "The pain is affecting my mood and appetite. I can't stand the pain anymore. I realize my arm is not broken but the pins n ' needles sensations have started in my elbow and goes all the way up to my hand. This increased after the assault."

He didn't say anything nor looked at my arm, didn't prescribe me stronger pain meds.

Next he said "Well you are lucky he never killed you." I said "Yes I am lucky to be alive, few close calls." He says "Having broken bones, injuries, being stalked is not as bad as losing your life." I said "Yes losing your life would be awful but having broken bones, injuries is just as painful." I felt a little ticked off at that comment. So anyways I left my doctors office without pain meds. I told him I see the surgeon June 5 but felt I could not wait that much longer because of my pain! Didn't make a difference.

So now I may have to go to a walk in clinic but I am so sick of doctors . I know most of them are really good but I had a few bad encounters while I went through the abuse. One said to me "I guess you enjoy being slapped around." That does not help!
eusa_wall.gif

Does ice help your arm to get less painful? It's an old thing , but it can always help...

Back