"I cant be myself around you"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well today me and my boyfriend had a really honest talk..i asked him if hes happy with me, he told me that he is, but sometimes he feels like he cant be himself around me and that makes him unhappy.

I asked him why or how i make him feel this way.

He told me its because i take everything to personally.

Like when he's making jokes,

Hes usually making jokes about girls like sucking his you know what, and other things of the liking, and like,i know hes joking, and i dont take it personally. But i want to come up with a funny comeback or something so i think, and then i cant come up with anything, so i end up just saying okay.. or not answering in time. And he told me it makes him feel stupid. And i explained myself, and i told him that i never have any intentions on making him feel stupid, and he told me that he does though.

I honestly.. dont really know what to do..

And then, he started a whole new thingie,

about saying that he thinks we're too different to work out..

And i said, "We aren't that different.. but i think aslong as we love eachother, and are willing to make this relationship work, then that's all that matters.." And he said "yah but i guess its just about you being so shy.." which i am, im super shy. And i have to meet his friends, and im too shy to, and im scared to too..

I hate stupid argument thingies like this. I like the fast that we're honest with eachother though.

Im afraid that he'll soon dump me because of the way he feels.

Like i never feel like that around him, it's always about me making him feel a certain negative way..

I honestly dont know what to do..

Helppp ?

It sounds like me that he is insensitive talking about things girls sucking his thing, I think he needs to grow up and be happy with what he has right now not what he wishes or what he has had.

being shy is who you are and if he doesn't like it then he's not for you.........you should'nt have to try so hard. if he's going to break up with you b/c of that....then he aint worth it!!

but I do look at my bf's relationship and her husband of 12 yrs is shy/antisocial and she hates it.

As for the sex crap........he's a guy....tell him to grow up.....but he never will......I just ignore the stupid crap or roll my eyes......thats everymans fav!!!

Originally Posted by Tears_Of_Blood Well today me and my boyfriend had a really honest talk..i asked him if hes happy with me, he told me that he is, but sometimes he feels like he cant be himself around me and that makes him unhappy. I asked him why or how i make him feel this way.

He told me its because i take everything to personally.

Like when he's making jokes,

Hes usually making jokes about girls like sucking his you know what, and other things of the liking, and like,i know hes joking, and i dont take it personally. But i want to come up with a funny comeback or something so i think, and then i cant come up with anything, so i end up just saying okay.. or not answering in time. And he told me it makes him feel stupid. And i explained myself, and i told him that i never have any intentions on making him feel stupid, and he told me that he does though.

I honestly.. dont really know what to do..

And then, he started a whole new thingie,

about saying that he thinks we're too different to work out..

And i said, "We aren't that different.. but i think aslong as we love eachother, and are willing to make this relationship work, then that's all that matters.." And he said "yah but i guess its just about you being so shy.." which i am, im super shy. And i have to meet his friends, and im too shy to, and im scared to too..

I hate stupid argument thingies like this. I like the fast that we're honest with eachother though.

Im afraid that he'll soon dump me because of the way he feels.

Like i never feel like that around him, it's always about me making him feel a certain negative way..

I honestly dont know what to do..

Helppp ?

Is he saying these things just around you by yourselfs, or with other peple present, if others are around I think he is being rather rude, and if it makes you uncomfortable he should adjust his manors a bit

I can be kinda shy and antisocial just because I feel like sometimes I can't relate to the way some people act or think so I get kinda shy for some reason. I am trying to work out to be more outspoken, but I think it has to do with me daydreaming most of the time. And not being able to come up with a comeback like you said.

i don't know--i was in a situation very very similar to this and we ended up breaking up. sometimes it's not worth it if he makes you feel bad about not saying something back to his (in my opinion immature) comments.

Kat, I am sorry you are hurting. I just read your profile and you wrote you hate stupid boys who play with your heart. That is what he's doing. It is not considerate of you and your feelings to say those things to you. It's horrible. Young boys are full of hormones. but he should be able to censor himself when he is with you.

How long have the two of you been together?

Back