New to Mineral Makeup.What's it all about?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am fairly new to the idea of Mineral Makeup, and would love to give it a try, but I'm wondering what kind of coverage it gives and if it's drying at all? I need a fuller coverage and my skin is dryer than it use to be so I get the flakies. Does mineral mu cover well and keep the flakies at bay? Also- did I see that Loreal has a new mineral mu? Thanks ladies!

Heya! I love mineral makeup its great!. As long as you keep your skin moisturised it shouldn't be a problem. Mineral makeup gives great coverage, if you want a sheer look its perfect and if you want a medium coverage its works well to. Its all about the application using the right brushes for what you want is the key. About the loreal mineral makeup, I'm not sure if its actually mineral makeup as it says it contains talc which is drying to the skin. x

I have been using mineral makeup for about a year now. I have very dry skin. No matter how much I moisturize, my skin still flakes up when I use mineral makeup. The thing I like about it is that it doesn't irritate my skin like other foundations have. The L'Oreal one, in my opinion isn't a true mineral makeup. It has minerals, but it also has chemicals in it and talc, bleh.

I also just got interested in MMU. I ordered some samples from Everyday Minerals and love it. They have a formula for dry skin too. Its called Original Glo and it works really well for my dry skin (I also moisturize really well before I apply it). You can check out their website its www.everydayminerals.com and see about getting some samples to try. They are free all you pay is shipping. Might work for you.

Thanks , ladies, for all of your wondeful suggestions and comments. I think I'll give it a try and see how it works!

try everyday minerals. they haev a free sample pack you just have to pay shipping and their customer service is great

Originally Posted by Summer I have been using mineral makeup for about a year now. I have very dry skin. No matter how much I moisturize, my skin still flakes up when I use mineral makeup. The thing I like about it is that it doesn't irritate my skin like other foundations have. The L'Oreal one, in my opinion isn't a true mineral makeup. It has minerals, but it also has chemicals in it and talc, bleh. I wondered if I read that right? No matter how much you moisturize, you still get flaky skin when using mineral mu? However, you have used it for about a year?

Latest posts

Back