When applying makeup in bathroom, what do you think best color wall is?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
mine is white and I am bored with it. oh, and I have olive skin tone.

was not sure if I should have posted this in "everything home related" since this is MU and Home related
wink.gif

Thanks ladies!

Mines' white too. I think it's up to you. I would rather have a color, but am new to the painting world! lol!

I'm not too sure it really matters. i think the light in the room is more important than the color.

I dunno if I helped any...but here's hoping I did! lol!

I just kinda thought maybe the light would reflect off of the paint color and could influence the real way my makeup looked. if it does not do something like this I was thinking of a silvery purple color.

The color of the walls does make a difference, but in combination with the lighting. My walls are peach....big mistake. Even after switching the lighting I come out looking totally different than I thought I did when I was in my bathroom. You can tell because if you take a picture of yourself in a bathroom with white walls vs. colored walls, like mine, there is a huge difference in the photo!!

What kind of lighting is best then? Im about to move into a new place and the lighting is horribly yellow, so Im going to replace the bulbs, what kind should i get?

I've thought about this sometime ago, but white is really the best, since it reflects the light as a positive effect, giving the makeup more of a natural tone. I apply my makeup in natural light, i.e, by the window...

Great question! I would think white would distort the appearances of colors the least...along with high-quality 'sunlight' lightbulbs.

I have a beige bathroom and I think it would matter if it was green or dark pink or something like that b/c it will cast a glow on your skin.....lighting is huge too, I do my m/u by a window but yet I get to work and sometimes I look like a clown!!we have full spectrum lighting at work which is "true colour" lighting, we need it to match tooth colours.

I personally think I would benefit more from florescent lighting, but my last trip to Home Depot I purchased "Natural" lighting bulbs. I can't remember the brand. I'm thinking it was GE. It only made a slight difference. Instead of clear I purchased a coated bulb. On second thought, maybe it was Phillips Natural.

Originally Posted by eightthirty I personally think I would benefit more from florescent lighting, but my last trip to Home Depot I purchased "Natural" lighting bulbs. I can't remember the brand. I'm thinking it was GE. It only made a slight difference. Instead of clear I purchased a coated bulb. On second thought, maybe it was Phillips Natural. florescent lighting is hideous!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't do it!!!!Your makeup is REALLY obvious and everyone has dark circles and you look green!!!!!Full spectrum lights a "special" bulbs. ....I don't know if they are readily available at HD ...but I do know they are at lighting/electrical stores!!!

Originally Posted by tinypinkbubbles Lighting is the most important,but pink is always flattering... Seem I was thinking pink at first too, but DH was not to hip to the idea, so we sort of settled on the BEHR paint color "Silverberry" (and if you have not checked out the BEHR website I highly recommend it! I have played with it for hours!
Oh and I have a window right behind the vanity so that should help if the sun is out when I am getting ready.

Originally Posted by dentaldee florescent lighting is hideous!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't do it!!!!Your makeup is REALLY obvious and everyone has dark circles and you look green!!!!! I think that was the point. If you applied your makeup under fluoresent light your makeup would appear more natural under more forgiving light.

I have a light cream color wall. I recently changed to Reveal light bulbs. I think GE makes them. they have a much more natural light than the cheap bulbs I've always bought and I see a difference in the way I look in the daylight now. I was putting m/u on way too heavy before switching bulbs.

I have a light lilac purple in my room, and my make up looks perfect in there! The only light is from the window, which is natural morning light. Then I go to my sister's room, which is a warm hot coral pink, and I look darker. The light comes from the window too, but my face looks darker then my neck, but in my room I look fine. Hmm...

I do my makeup in my room with light blue walls behind me... I don't think the colour of walls matter .. i'm more concerned about lighting... I like to apply my mu in natural light by the window because I think under this light, if I make a mistake, it can be spotted pretty easily...I feel nothing beats natural sunlight .. I've ever applied my mu under florasent lighting when its very early in the morning and I don't get light coming in the windows ..sometimes after application and by the time I leave the house and the sun comes out, I look in my mirror and that's when i can start seeing all the errors like too orangy foundation or too heavy blusher
scream3.gif
but if it can't be help, i mean as in I can't get natural light, i'll just go with florasent anyway ..

Back