BE foundation shades

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how the shades run in the Bare Minerals foundations? Do they tend to be on the darker side or lighter? My friend is interested in trying them and is having trouble picking out her shade. She's got a med. to light complexion and was considering the medium kit, but I think the lighter one would be better. Any help would be great.
g.gif

They tend to run a little on the dark side. Once you get into the darker shades they have a a lot of red undertones. With mine it makes my skin turn to red, so I have to mix my colors.

Originally Posted by kas7178 Can anyone tell me how the shades run in the Bare Minerals foundations? Do they tend to be on the darker side or lighter? My friend is interested in trying them and is having trouble picking out her shade. She's got a med. to light complexion and was considering the medium kit, but I think the lighter one would be better. Any help would be great.
g.gif
They have so many different shades, the best way to do this is to go to a local sephora or bare escentuals boutique and have a MA apply it on you to find a color. The good thing about BE is that we can get away with 3-4 different shades. I have the medium beige and the medium, and even though I am a perfect match to medium beige, I can use medium with no problems.
Thais

i agree that they tend to run a little darker...

i would tell your friend to go a little lighter. i can use both light and fairly light, but if i want more coverage, i need to go with the lighter shade or else it looks too dark.

Are there any shades that help with yellow undertones? She's afraid she'll look like she used a bad self tanner if she gets the wrong shade
laughing.gif
We don't have a BE or Sephora store here so we have to go by the colors off the computer.
sadyes.gif
which aren't always accurate. And thanks again for all the help!

She should probably go with the lighter kit. I have med, almost olive toned skin and I use the med kit. I think the have 30 day $$ back, if it's the wrong colors send back for next kit. She can also customize the kit, I think...get a light and a med shade to mix

yeah i think I'm a light/medium or medium in most foundation shades but at Spehora i was matched to the Light shade in BE

i am not extremely pale, but the fairly light seems to be the best match for me. i bought the kit that includes the brushes,mineral veil, and the fairly light (porcelain to light with golden understones) and light (light skin, golden undertones). i was using the light for a while and then noticed i was sort of getting the self tanner look, so i started using the fairly light - perfect match.

the only neutral shades they have without golden undertones are the fair and the medium and tan in the lighter colors. i think anyone can wear golden undertones and have it look nice, as long as the shade isn't too dark for the skin - then you get that self tanner look! she might want to try getting the kit that i got with the light and fairly light. maybe light would work for your friend - she seems darker than me, and that's the one that made me look like i had a bad fake tan! also...the colors are pretty versitle : it is all about how much you apply - how light or heavy an application you want. so really with the kit, you can't go wrong. you get all the brushes, mineral veil, warmth, and a dvd that helps introduce you to be and helps you with application, which i found extremely helpful. it is a 181 dollar value for only 60!

Back