Perfume you wore in your younger years..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My fave perfume when I was a preteen/teen was Navy. And, I gotta admit, I still like smelling it today although I really don't wear it.

I also liked Lady Stetson, and I can remember when my friend and I were all about Love's Baby Soft, White Musk and, of course, Exclamation! LOL

What did you wear, and do you like it now?
smile.gif

my first perfumes were loves baby soft, debbie gibson electric youth, elizabeth arden sunflowers, and jessica mc clintock.

anything powdery makes me practically gag now, and i cant for the life of me recall what electric youth smells like or why i wore it, because i barely knew who debbie gibson was. sunflowers still smells just as good to me, but its very distinctive, and i wouldnt be caught dead wearing it. lol. my great great aunt has always worn jessica mc clintock, and it smells very comforting on her. i dont much care for it on myself.

i also wore some sort of naturistics dab on perfume that i really loved. (this was all pre highschool, BTW.)

in high school i didnt wear much of anything except gap heaven. i still sometimes reach for it, but its very different than anything else i wear.

LOL Halo!!! I had Electric Youth too!!! LOL (& I don't remember what it smells like either!- Guess it wasn't too memorable! ) I also wore Sunflowers & GAP Heaven in High School - a girl in class had it on one day - and I was hooked after that... I also wore Vanilla Fields, Jovan White Musk, Lucky You, and Curve... I had a bunch of perfumes I would switch around ... I can't even remember half of them! LOL
icon_cool.gif

i could write an entire diatribe about the many reasons why i hate vanilla fields. one of my friends wears it, and lets just say that i can literally smell her across a parking lot when i am downwind.

i had the little bottle of electric youth- the one with the pink lightening bolt in it. i was always jealous of my friends larger bottle. she had the one with the little pink spring in it.

when i was in middle school, girls magazine really pushed loves fragrances, for some reason. that was me, using bonne bell 405 toner, or whatever it was called, and stinking like loves baby soft.

ROFL ... I remember the pink spring! Wasn't Electric Youth fruity or something? I never actually owned it but my friend did, and she thought she was COOL for having it, lol. Just like Debbie Gibson, hee!
biggrin.gif

OMG!! I remember wearing Navy as well!! That was my fave when I was in middle school.

I also wore Love's Baby Soft.

I also remember Exclamation, but I'm not sure if it was me that wore it, or my sister.

Originally Posted by melzie_fire My fave perfume when I was a preteen/teen was Navy. And, I gotta admit, I still like smelling it today although I really don't wear it.
I also liked Lady Stetson, and I can remember when my friend and I were all about Love's Baby Soft, White Musk and, of course, Exclamation! LOL

What did you wear, and do you like it now?
smile.gif

I used Exclamation & i'm not sure if ye had this in the states, but i also used CHARLIE. You could get Charlie Red, Silver, Blue or Yellow i think!! Felt so grown up wearing perfume when i was 12/13!

OMG LAura!!! YESSS! I almost forgot that!! I had Charlie White.... LOL But for some reason they all pretty much smelled the same! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I also had the 'pink spring' bottle of Electric Youth... eat your hearts out! LOL I also had some perfume that was in a solid that smelled like roses. I don't remember what that was called ...
icon_rolleyes.gif

My faves when I was a teen were Babe by Faberge, Your the Fire by Yardley, and Jontue by Revlon. The first 2 have haven't been around for years, sometimes a bottle will pop up on ebay. Jontue is still sold in stores but it smells almost like bug spray to me now
icon_lol.gif
. It's funny how our taste changes when we get older. Oh, and something else that was really popular back then was scented oils that came in tiny bottles, we all used to wear strawberry oil and lip gloss, my High School must have smelled like a fruit stand.

Originally Posted by naturally I think I wore Cachet ...don't know if I'd like the smell now ..but WAYYYY back then ..I did. Then I started wearing one of RL's scents ..can't remember the name. But I hear ya on certain perfumes Halo ..wehre they just KILL that scent. I worked with a woman ..I SWORE she used everything ...lotion, powder, perfume ..and douche if they made it ..you could tell when she was coming into work ...GAG!
icon_lol.gif
ROFLMAO at the "and douche if they made it"!!! Too funny!
icon_lol.gif

I had to laugh at that one too!! LOL

My mom used to have the Jontue powder.. lol I also use to wear CK One... the "Unisex" fragrance LOL - then there was Jean Nate' Perfumed Bath Gels! LOL

you_stink2.jpg

"13 Year Old Debbie Gibson at the release party for her new Electric Youth perfume" LOL
biggrin.gif

Ooh!!! Yesss!!!

My sister & I both wore Charlie too!!!

Originally Posted by laura127 I used Exclamation & i'm not sure if ye had this in the states, but i also used CHARLIE. You could get Charlie Red, Silver, Blue or Yellow i think!! Felt so grown up wearing perfume when i was 12/13!

LMAO @ naturally and the douche comment. haaa!

do you guys remember the commercials for charlie? it was cindy crawford singing "and they caaaaaall it chaaaaaarlie." i remember SNL lampooning it, and they sang the jingle to the same tune, but the words were "and they call it tone deaf."

out of absolutely *morbid* curiousity, i smelled charlie today, and it was gagalicious. its the regular yellow charlie. bluuuuh.

like several of us, Love's Baby Soft was one of my first scents. as i got older, i wore Murasaki by Shiseido, Beautiful by EL, Poison by Dior, Giorgio by Giorgio Beverly Hills. would i wear them today? not if i was paid $1 meeeeeeellion dollars.
tongue.gif

poison? poison??? ill pretend i didnt hear that, and i certainly wont judge you by it. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by keaLoha like several of us, Love's Baby Soft was one of my first scents. as i got older, i wore Murasaki by Shiseido, Beautiful by EL, Poison by Dior, Giorgio by Giorgio Beverly Hills. would i wear them today? not if i was paid $1 meeeeeeellion dollars.
tongue.gif

I, too, wore Debbie Gibson's Electric Youth, and I had the pink spring bottle, as well - the large one!
wink.gif

I'd love a bottle of that nowadays, just because of the reminiscent quality of it for me. I was probably a few years older, so I actually knew who Debbie Gibson was, and adored her.
smile.gif

I also wore:

Loves' Baby Soft

Jean Nate

"Primo" - Parfums de Coeur's version of Giorgio by Giorgio of Bevery Hills

"A Little Sexy" - Parfums de Coeur's version of Red by Giorgio of Bevery Hills

There were probably more, but I can't remember right now. Fun stuff!
smile.gif

I remember wearing Cher's Uninhibited alot, as well as LuLu. From what I remember of how the Cher one smelt I think it was a spicy vanilla scent, I would like to find it again to see if I still like it. I don't think it is made anymore though. With LuLu I found it somewhere recently and I smelt it and could not beleive how sickly floral it was.

The Love's Baby Soft I remember freinds wearing that one but I don't think I did. As for the Debbie Gibson one I didn't know she ever had a scent. Maybe it wasn't in Canada.

Now a days me taste has changed slightly, I still like ones that are a spicy vanilla Like Cavelli, or Hot Couture. I also really like Hypnotic Poison and I currently wear most of the time Burberry Brit.

Another thread reminded me of this and I just started to recall some fragrances from my youth that I was crazy about.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_redface.gif

• Coty's Wild Musk (still love it)
    icon_lol.gif
  • Skin Musk
  • Avon's Sweet Honesty
    icon_redface.gif
  • Opium (when it was REALLY popular, but ok, this is not THAT old)
What perfumes do you remember wearing in the old days, your youth, etc., or way back when?
icon_smile.gif

Electric Youth & Charlie White! LOL Check out this thread HERE for some of our other fav's from 'yesteryear'! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back