For those who use mineral m/u

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have you been using a primer with it. I just went back to it and wanted to get a general concensus......Thanks!

Kelly, when I was using BE, I used their Skin Rev-er Upper, which is basically a primer. Although, I believe it doubles as a slight moisturizer. It's especially great for combo or oily skin as you can just use that and not worry about using a moisturizer. At least in my experience anyway.

Yes I use smashbox or LM primer sometimes, but not always. I always kind of dab my face with a tissue to remove any extra stickiness wether from primer or moisturizer. I want to make sure my face is dry before applying the minerals. I too use BE

i tend to be a lil oily after the moisterizer .. so i use a lil primer (smashbox), wait for it to dry and apply my Mu ... but .... just moisterizer works fine for me too

Originally Posted by kelly1965rn Have you been using a primer with it. I just went back to it and wanted to get a general concensus......Thanks! Sometimes yes sometimes no I dont always remember to use it.

Originally Posted by kelly1965rn Have you been using a primer with it. I just went back to it and wanted to get a general concensus......Thanks! Yes. I think it can get too flakey if you don't use some sort of primer or moisturizer. Since I have combo skin I skip the moisturizer and just a primer. I use BE bare vitamins skin re-ver upper because it came in my kit, and it does a good job. It doesn't feel silky like other primers such as smashbox, but it does the trick.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Thais Yes. I think it can get too flakey if you don't use some sort of primer or moisturizer. Since I have combo skin I skip the moisturizer and just a primer. I use BE bare vitamins skin re-ver upper because it came in my kit, and it does a good job. It doesn't feel silky like other primers such as smashbox, but it does the trick.
smile.gif
i've never even considered skipping moisterizer since my skin is so flakey and dry .... hmmm ... maybe i'll try skipping it next time cuz ... w/the moisterizer my skin is waay too oiley in the t-zones

Originally Posted by kelly1965rn Thanks for the replies everyone! u welcome ... hope the replies were helpful

Originally Posted by Min Sometimes yes sometimes no I dont always remember to use it. This is my case exactly, then after I'm out oif the house I remember that it would have been better if I used a primer...
eusa_wall.gif

Back