The Official Support Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
this is the thread you come to when you need support during your diet/lifestyle change/fitness routine/etc.

we'll all be here to help each other (of course, you can also start a new thread with whatever questions/concerns you have!), motivate each other, keep track of each other's progress, vent, brag, whatever you want!

in your first post in this thread, let us know what you're trying to accomplish, what you've been doing so far, how you've been doing it, etc. if you're on a diet, describe what the diet's like, what it is, etc. if you're trying to tone up, describe your routine, how often you do it, etc. feel free to include anything else!
smile.gif

i hope this thread will help everyone because i know for myself, when i've got somebody to talk to about it and will understand, it pushes me some more.

good luck, everyone, and keep us posted!

simmons_i.jpg

wink.gif

today is day 5 of my "lifestyle change". i'm trying to lose weight and tone up. i'm not sure how much exactly, but until i feel satisfied. i'm thinking 25-30 lbs. or so. it might be too much, so that's why i'm not sure!

i'm not following any specific diet. basically, i'm cutting out junk, soda, high in fat/calorie foods, etc.

a few years ago, i lost about 30 lbs. without even exercising in about 7 months. i just ate healthy and learned to control myself. unfortunately, i gained it all back due to some things i went through in my life that kinda brought me down, so i turned to food, and that's how i gained the weight back.

this time, i'm adding cardio/weight training. i'm still a little shady on all of it, but i'm doing as much research as i can, and so far so good
smile.gif

hm, i think that's it. i don't have a set schedule yet with the gym and working out at home, but i'm trying! i actually look forward to it and don't look at it as a "chore" anymore, which is good
smile.gif

LoL@ richard simmons .... hmmm ... i realli need motivation right now .. i'm sitting here .. .eating a bag of chips and i just had chinese a few minutes ago ... it`s almost midnight .. but i'm going thru a lil depression phase right now ... i know what i'm doing will make me gain more weight .. which in turn will make me more depress ...

I'd love for u to post your results .... seeing every1's result has to motivate me right .. i hope so ....
frown.gif

Here is mine. Gosh, I wish I had more motivation. I get really gung-ho about getting into shape and then 10 minutes later I am eating a brownie fudge sundae (it was REALLY good though!). Here are my goals

Weight loss goal: I weigh 145 and I am 5'2. I would like to lose 20 pounds by November 1st.

Exercise goal: For my first 2 weeks I would like to try my hardest to do cardio 3x a week and strength training 2x a week.

I have been trying to stay away from junk food and stuff, but I give in so easily. I was having a really rough day and so I turned to my faithful ice-cream friend. One of the things that has been helping me though is I do not eat after 8 PM. It's really hard sometimes. There are circumstances beyond my control sometimes where I do have to eat after 8, but for the most part I don't. I have also been trying to drink atleast 48 OZ. of water. I have tried drinking 64 oz. I'm not quite there yet and hate running to bathroom every 2 seconds. Anyways. Those are my goals and I will try to post results Sunday.

Great thread Jen. I was thinking about starting one like this myself. I'll have to think about my whole plan and post it later. I have a lot of weight to lose. I too went through some life stuff and gained a ton of weight. We can do it girls!!!!

my problem is just plain lack of motivation. i'm not an exercise person, so i have to really enjoy what i'm doing.

Originally Posted by Jennifer today is day 5 of my "lifestyle change". i'm trying to lose weight and tone up. i'm not sure how much exactly, but until i feel satisfied. i'm thinking 25-30 lbs. or so. it might be too much, so that's why i'm not sure!
i'm not following any specific diet. basically, i'm cutting out junk, soda, high in fat/calorie foods, etc.

a few years ago, i lost about 30 lbs. without even exercising in about 7 months. i just ate healthy and learned to control myself. unfortunately, i gained it all back due to some things i went through in my life that kinda brought me down, so i turned to food, and that's how i gained the weight back.

this time, i'm adding cardio/weight training. i'm still a little shady on all of it, but i'm doing as much research as i can, and so far so good
smile.gif

hm, i think that's it. i don't have a set schedule yet with the gym and working out at home, but i'm trying! i actually look forward to it and don't look at it as a "chore" anymore, which is good
smile.gif

What a great thread, Jennifer!
Congrats on the steps you're taking to make lifestyle changes. Initially, I'd settle for anything I could get in the means of working out or at least start light. Even simply walking at first helps a ton! I'd love to know what kind of diet changes you made when you lost weight the last time!!

I'm interested in losing about 15-20 lbs. I currently weigh 135 and I'm 5'4". This is up from my average lifetime weight of 105. When I started gaining a bit of healthy weight it kind went downhill and now my midsection is icky. None of this is pregnancy whiplash. I got rid of all of that so it's even more disappointing that I'm just 7 lbs away from the weight I was the day I delivered my son. So, I don't plan to drop down as low as I was before, but if I could eat healthier, be more physically fit, tone my waist and lose my boobs, I'll be happy. Realistically I might be able to lose 10-15 lbs by August 30th, which is my birthday (hence...eightthirty), but slow and steady keeps the results, so I'll settle for anything. I won't be truly happy until I'm toned.

Sorry I'm rambling, but I guess you hit a sensitive spot. Hearing your (much more brief) tale of success and desire to lose weight again has motivated me!!

Let's keep eachother motivated! Jennifer, if you need advice on Cardio and Strength Training let me know.
smile.gif
Ooooh I miss the feeling of working out. I just might not cancel my gym membership even though I haven't used it in many moons.

Let's get physical!

49157451_d84e7b46ac_m.jpg

well, i currently weigh about 130lbs. and i'm 5'5". i've gained about 15 lbs. over these past few months due to stress in school, not having time to work out, etc. i really just want to feel better about myself and my body. i hate the feeling of feeling lazy and fat! i just want to tone up...i'm not really concerned about the number on the scales, as i've found that to be a big letdown..realistically, i'm not going to weigh 100lbs..unless i'm starving myself. i want to know that i'm healthy, and my body is in the best shape possible.

i plan to do cardio at least 3x a week, hopefully increasing to 5x a week, along with random workouts like pilates, tennis, etc. i'm not following a strict diet-i'm just trying to eat healthier all together. i like the idea of a support group, i'll start posting here regularly.

Ok, so I'm the laziest person ever! For year I've been telling myself I should excercise, since I'm sitting infront of the computer for years now, not moving or anything (work, uni...) and never was on a diet (I'm rather thin, weigh about 50 kg).

Last week I received results of my blood test...high cholesterol...that really shook me I thought I have a few more years without health worries...

So...it's 5 days in a row that I'm exercising everyday and haven't touched chocolate (was practically addicted..
smile.gif
) and basically trying to change my bad habits...

Good luck to all of you!!!

I feel like I'm only gaining and not losing. It's hard to get motivated to exercise, but hopefully I will start really soon. Other than feeling like I have gained, I have stayed basically the same. My eating habits are a lot better and I have been cutting my portions down to almost half what I would normally eat.

Originally Posted by LVA LoL@ richard simmons .... hmmm ... i realli need motivation right now .. i'm sitting here .. .eating a bag of chips and i just had chinese a few minutes ago ... it`s almost midnight .. but i'm going thru a lil depression phase right now ... i know what i'm doing will make me gain more weight .. which in turn will make me more depress ...
I'd love for u to post your results .... seeing every1's result has to motivate me right .. i hope so ....
frown.gif

i'm sorry to hear you're going through a depression stage
frown.gif
that's how i gained most of my weight. it's easier said than done (believe me, i know), but you need to stop going to food to cheer you up. like you said, it'll just make you more depressed! you know where you can come to if you need help/motivation
smile.gif

Originally Posted by KimC2005 Here is mine. Gosh, I wish I had more motivation. I get really gung-ho about getting into shape and then 10 minutes later I am eating a brownie fudge sundae (it was REALLY good though!). Here are my goalsWeight loss goal: I weigh 145 and I am 5'2. I would like to lose 20 pounds by November 1st.

Exercise goal: For my first 2 weeks I would like to try my hardest to do cardio 3x a week and strength training 2x a week.

I have been trying to stay away from junk food and stuff, but I give in so easily. I was having a really rough day and so I turned to my faithful ice-cream friend. One of the things that has been helping me though is I do not eat after 8 PM. It's really hard sometimes. There are circumstances beyond my control sometimes where I do have to eat after 8, but for the most part I don't. I have also been trying to drink atleast 48 OZ. of water. I have tried drinking 64 oz. I'm not quite there yet and hate running to bathroom every 2 seconds. Anyways. Those are my goals and I will try to post results Sunday.

sounds good! good luck and keep us posted
smile.gif

Originally Posted by AprilRayne Great thread Jen. I was thinking about starting one like this myself. I'll have to think about my whole plan and post it later. I have a lot of weight to lose. I too went through some life stuff and gained a ton of weight. We can do it girls!!!! yeah we can! good luck and don't forget to keep us posted!

Originally Posted by ivette my problem is just plain lack of motivation. i'm not an exercise person, so i have to really enjoy what i'm doing. i know exactly what you mean, but now, exercising to me isn't like a chore because i keep thinking of how happy i'll be once i'm fit. maybe once you start, you'll enjoy it?

Originally Posted by eightthirty What a great thread, Jennifer!
Congrats on the steps you're taking to make lifestyle changes. Initially, I'd settle for anything I could get in the means of working out or at least start light. Even simply walking at first helps a ton! I'd love to know what kind of diet changes you made when you lost weight the last time!!

I'm interested in losing about 15-20 lbs. I currently weigh 135 and I'm 5'4". This is up from my average lifetime weight of 105. When I started gaining a bit of healthy weight it kind went downhill and now my midsection is icky. None of this is pregnancy whiplash. I got rid of all of that so it's even more disappointing that I'm just 7 lbs away from the weight I was the day I delivered my son. So, I don't plan to drop down as low as I was before, but if I could eat healthier, be more physically fit, tone my waist and lose my boobs, I'll be happy. Realistically I might be able to lose 10-15 lbs by August 30th, which is my birthday (hence...eightthirty), but slow and steady keeps the results, so I'll settle for anything. I won't be truly happy until I'm toned.

Sorry I'm rambling, but I guess you hit a sensitive spot. Hearing your (much more brief) tale of success and desire to lose weight again has motivated me!!

Let's keep eachother motivated! Jennifer, if you need advice on Cardio and Strength Training let me know.
smile.gif
Ooooh I miss the feeling of working out. I just might not cancel my gym membership even though I haven't used it in many moons.

Let's get physical!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...4e7b46ac_m.jpg

the only thing honestly was just cut out all the crap, make sure the foods i chose were low in fat and calories. from there, the weight just kept coming off. the only thing i did was walk and that, i think, did help lots, but if i had exercised, i'm sure the weight would've stayed off! good luck and i hope you get motivated!

Originally Posted by kam_621 well, i currently weigh about 130lbs. and i'm 5'5". i've gained about 15 lbs. over these past few months due to stress in school, not having time to work out, etc. i really just want to feel better about myself and my body. i hate the feeling of feeling lazy and fat! i just want to tone up...i'm not really concerned about the number on the scales, as i've found that to be a big letdown..realistically, i'm not going to weigh 100lbs..unless i'm starving myself. i want to know that i'm healthy, and my body is in the best shape possible.
i plan to do cardio at least 3x a week, hopefully increasing to 5x a week, along with random workouts like pilates, tennis, etc. i'm not following a strict diet-i'm just trying to eat healthier all together. i like the idea of a support group, i'll start posting here regularly.

sounds like you're on the right track. keep us posted and good luck
smile.gif

Originally Posted by estherika Ok, so I'm the laziest person ever! For year I've been telling myself I should excercise, since I'm sitting infront of the computer for years now, not moving or anything (work, uni...) and never was on a diet (I'm rather thin, weigh about 50 kg).Last week I received results of my blood test...high cholesterol...that really shook me I thought I have a few more years without health worries...

So...it's 5 days in a row that I'm exercising everyday and haven't touched chocolate (was practically addicted..
smile.gif
) and basically trying to change my bad habits...

Good luck to all of you!!!

that's so great! congrats on not reaching for your chocolate
wink.gif
good luck and i hope your cholestrol goes down!

Originally Posted by KimC2005 I feel like I'm only gaining and not losing. It's hard to get motivated to exercise, but hopefully I will start really soon. Other than feeling like I have gained, I have stayed basically the same. My eating habits are a lot better and I have been cutting my portions down to almost half what I would normally eat. so if you've been eating better, how come you feel like you're gaining? maybe you should be cutting more things out or adding things in that are much healthier?

this is such a good idea for a thread!

Well, I started trying to get in shape for my summer vacation with dan after my uni exams about three weeks ago. Now I'm naturally quite slim, but not toned in the slightest! So far I'm doing ok, with only one bad area at the moment which I posted about earlier today!! but i'm working on that now thanks to some advice from MUT members.

I hadnt done any exercise for a couple of days... my sister came around and ended up staying, and because I work out at home i didnt really get the chance.

So today I started off with hamstring curls, squats, plies and this other thing i dunno what its called! Then I did the Dan Karaty 'Hotpants workout' which is great fun and I havent done it for about a year! Then ten minutes intensive on the exercise bike!!

I dont do this every day by the way! it would kill me! But right now I'm feeling really energised and happy i did it
smile.gif

Yay!

I'm not really sure why. But, I am definately trying to add more fresh fruit and veggies. I have been eating a lot of salads and anything with lots of veggies. I have been craving fruit too. I eat lots of watermelon. It's very very low in calories and is a great source of potassium. I am trying to get motivated to exercise regularly. That part is my downfall and may be why I feel fat. I know I have a very slow metabolism too, which could be from thyroid issues. I have never had it checked though.

Originally Posted by JJ84 this is such a good idea for a thread!
Well, I started trying to get in shape for my summer vacation with dan after my uni exams about three weeks ago. Now I'm naturally quite slim, but not toned in the slightest! So far I'm doing ok, with only one bad area at the moment which I posted about earlier today!! but i'm working on that now thanks to some advice from MUT members.

I hadnt done any exercise for a couple of days... my sister came around and ended up staying, and because I work out at home i didnt really get the chance.

So today I started off with hamstring curls, squats, plies and this other thing i dunno what its called! Then I did the Dan Karaty 'Hotpants workout' which is great fun and I havent done it for about a year! Then ten minutes intensive on the exercise bike!!

I dont do this every day by the way! it would kill me! But right now I'm feeling really energised and happy i did it
smile.gif

Yay!

lol..good for you! keep it up!
smile.gif

well..today was my first day of working out, and also trying to restrict what i eat somewhat. i kind of wished i would have done this gradually, instead of just plunging into it, but that is ok, i can do it! i did some cardio (rode a bike for 30 minutes). it was kind of annoying though because i live right beside a highway, interstate, and train tracks.
str.gif
and then i did some pilates. next thing i knew it had been 2 hours!

i'm really happy i did it though, i plan to stick with this cardio and pilates everyday. hopefully, in 2 weeks, i'll see some kind of results.

I'm gonna have to whip out my home exercise dvd's and my Ab Lounge (that I've only used once). Check out the free workout dvd in the Coupon Codes forum!!

Originally Posted by eightthirty I'm gonna have to whip out my home exercise dvd's and my Ab Lounge (that I've only used once). Check out the free workout dvd in the Coupon Codes forum!! I just bought an ab lounge on Tue. How do you like it? Is it giving you good results? I have alot of excess skin from pregnancy that I's like to try to tighten. Let me know how it's working for you!!!

Originally Posted by AprilRayne I just bought an ab lounge on Tue. How do you like it? Is it giving you good results? I have alot of excess skin from pregnancy that I's like to try to tighten. Let me know how it's working for you!!! I bought it and it sat dusty for nearly a year.....but the first time I used it I could feel the results. I think you'll like it and I think it will work, but you've got to actually use it.....unlike me at first. I took a night off and I'm back on it tonight. Experts say you're not supposed to work the same muscle group two days in a row.

jj, sounds great so far! good luck!

kim, definitely add more veggies, but be careful with fruits because they're high in sugar. limit yourself.

okay, here's my update...

i weighed myself yesterday and yep, i gained 3 lbs. in a week. how the hell is that possible? well, i got my period this morning, so i'm hoping that's why. unfortunately, it's thrown me off. i've pigged out all day today and yesterday, but i'm over my cramps and such and will start back up tomorrow.

the person who's given me lots of motivation is my boyfriend and he's away til next wednesday, so i won't speak to him then, and i think that's kinda thrown me off, too. he's not here to ask me how i'm doing, what i'm doing, etc., so i'm kinda like, okay, pig out til he comes home because when he's back, i can't LOL

anymore updates?!

Latest posts

Back