2006 FIFA World Cup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Who else is watching? I know I am, as is my entire family. Rooting for Sweden, of course, since that's where I grew up (though I don't think they'll win this year)!

If you are watching, where from and are you rooting for your home country or a different team?

I have been watching the highlights of the game. I am rooting for Mexico but I don't know whether or not they will make it that far. It's fun to watch and love how excited people get.

My b/f and his family are obsessed w/this. I don't know who he rooting for. Probably not VN .. cuz i know they are not going to win. He even bought the game on the 360 .. he's playing it as I speak.

as for me, I'm not much of a sports person.

I'm a superfans of soccer. Think I'll miss the chance watching it? NO. LOL... I woke up earlier to watch the live matches esp my fav teams are on. I watch some matches online when I'm working, but I gotta turn the volume off. (Shh! My boss would kill me if I was caught). I'm rooting for England, but I think Brazil or France will probably win the trophy.

ofcourse i watch it. its totally hot in holland, lol. the whole country is orange and everybody is watching with loads of beer and the bbq offcourse. we all dress in orange and holland just won this afternoon!! Yay!

Watching from UAE and rooting for Brazil
smile.gif

OMG, I'm Dutch (eventhough i live in Canada) and I'm obsessed with Eurocup and World cup soccer.. 100000% rooting for The Netherlands ofcourse!! Go Oranje!!!

My boyfriend sais i'm crazy.. lol.. i guess i am.. i was up at 5:30 AM (pacific time) watching the game this morning

Originally Posted by Marisol I have been watching the highlights of the game. I am rooting for Mexico but I don't know whether or not they will make it that far. It's fun to watch and love how excited people get. Mexico has a pretty awesome team, so they should get pretty far. I watched their game against Iran, and they were great - when they won, I thought I was going to cry when they all ran to Sanchez to hug him, and some of them were crying...Nice moment. They really needed that win for their morale, after Sanchez's father dying recently.

Originally Posted by LVA My b/f and his family are obsessed w/this. I don't know who he rooting for. Probably not VN .. cuz i know they are not going to win. He even bought the game on the 360 .. he's playing it as I speak.
as for me, I'm not much of a sports person.

Well, Vietnam didn't qualify, so he's probably not rooting for them. Hehe.

Originally Posted by mabelwan I'm a superfans of soccer. Think I'll miss the chance watching it? NO. LOL... I woke up earlier to watch the live matches esp my fav teams are on. I watch some matches online when I'm working, but I gotta turn the volume off. (Shh! My boss would kill me if I was caught). I'm rooting for England, but I think Brazil or France will probably win the trophy. England's team is set up pretty well, but yeah, I think you're right about Brazil or France. Although, I'd like for there to be a BIG upset and some underdog nobody thought would win gets the trophy, because Brazil and France ALWAYS win!

hmmm...i've never watched a game before...but if i were to, it'd probably be the final 10mins. or something!
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by semantje ofcourse i watch it. its totally hot in holland, lol. the whole country is orange and everybody is watching with loads of beer and the bbq offcourse. we all dress in orange and holland just won this afternoon!! Yay! I just finished watching that game (Tivoed it), and Robben was on FIRE! He was so close so many times, but Serbia-Montenegrian guys knew to block him. I think it was the game I most enjoyed watching.

Originally Posted by LilDee My boyfriend sais i'm crazy.. lol.. i guess i am.. i was up at 5:30 AM (pacific time) watching the game this morning Haha, only true "soccer" fans understand!

Originally Posted by chocobon Watching from UAE and rooting for Brazil
smile.gif
I'm excited about watching Ronaldinho play - I missed him in the 2002 World Cup, and I've been seeing and hearing so much about his skills. I almost feel bad for Croatia.

Originally Posted by pinkbundles hmmm...i've never watched a game before...but if i were to, it'd probably be the final 10mins. or something!
laughing.gif
Nah, you really have to watch the whole match to get into it. The last 10 minutes, you almost always know whether a team has got it in the bag. At least that's the case until you get to the quarter finals and finals, and you get to see the big boys play.
But if you're not into soccer, there are tons of pretty boys to ogle! Lol.

Originally Posted by mehrunissa Mexico has a pretty awesome team, so they should get pretty far. I watched their game against Iran, and they were great - when they won, I thought I was going to cry when they all ran to Sanchez to hug him, and some of them were crying...Nice moment. They really needed that win for their morale, after Sanchez's father dying recently. Yeah that was really sad. For those of you who haven't followed what is going on, a tragedy happened to the goal keeper's dad for the Mexico team. He had a heart attack on Wednesday and he died. It was the same day his son was flying to Germany for the tournament. People weren't sure if he would play or not.

I'm rooting for Poland
1f.gif

too bad they did so horribly with Ecuador... our team lacks confidence and they are not as good as the top teams. But I am rooting for them anyway
whistling.gif

Originally Posted by mehrunissa Mexico has a pretty awesome team, so they should get pretty far. I watched their game against Iran, and they were great - when they won, I thought I was going to cry when they all ran to Sanchez to hug him, and some of them were crying...Nice moment. They really needed that win for their morale, after Sanchez's father dying recently.

Well, Vietnam didn't qualify, so he's probably not rooting for them. Hehe.

England's team is set up pretty well, but yeah, I think you're right about Brazil or France. Although, I'd like for there to be a BIG upset and some underdog nobody thought would win gets the trophy, because Brazil and France ALWAYS win!

LoL .. i guess u are right ... I'm not a big soccer/or any kind of sports fan.
What channel is this on? I can't find it .. grrr

Originally Posted by LVA LoL .. i guess u are right ... I'm not a big soccer/or any kind of sports fan.
What channel is this on? I can't find it .. grrr

ABC, ESPN, and ESPN2 are showing the games, alternately.

Belgium didn't qualify, but I never really root for them anyway
smile.gif

I'm always rooting for Brasil! Can't wait to see them play, they're a great team, and they have fun, which is very important.

My bf is a Holland-fan, so that's not so cool
wink.gif
But I'm glad they won anyway, Robben is very good.

I was really disappointed with Sweden, I mean, T&T... They should've played muuuuuch better if they wanna do well this year.

Anyway, GO BRASIL!

Well, everyone, and I mean everyone I know is watching all the matches but me, even people at work just sit there watching all the matches, it's really absurd. So I go to my man's house and he is watching it and at home my parents are watching, and at work they are watching
scream3.gif
scream3.gif
scream3.gif
.So I haven't watched tv for 3days now. But if I do watch, it's to see all the hot players, man there are some really fine ones
eusa_whistle.gif

Originally Posted by Eva121 I was really disappointed with Sweden, I mean, T&T... They should've played muuuuuch better if they wanna do well this year.Anyway, GO BRASIL!

I know, I thought we'd have it in the bag, but T&T got really "lucky" with their goalkeeper, Hilsop. He didn't let any shots through! Overall though, Sweden played a good game, keeping the ball mostly on the T&T's side. Besides, Sweden hasn't won any of their World Cup opening games since '58, so I'm not too sad. I was more surprised by England's meager win against Paraguay - they should've KILLED! Either way, if Sweden go home before the quarterfinals, I'll boycott the championship!

Originally Posted by pieced Well, everyone, and I mean everyone I know is watching all the matches but me, even people at work just sit there watching all the matches, it's really absurd. So I go to my man's house and he is watching it and at home my parents are watching, and at work they are watching
scream3.gif
scream3.gif
scream3.gif
.So I haven't watched tv for 3days now. But if I do watch, it's to see all the hot players, man there are some really fine ones
eusa_whistle.gif
... Oh boy. They are very gorgeous men, I absolutely agree. I think footballers have the perfect physiques, so I'm not complaining about having to watch the games...Fredrik Ljungberg -
yuck2.gif
!

Originally Posted by pieced Well, everyone, and I mean everyone I know is watching all the matches but me, even people at work just sit there watching all the matches, it's really absurd. So I go to my man's house and he is watching it and at home my parents are watching, and at work they are watching
scream3.gif
scream3.gif
scream3.gif
eusa_whistle.gif
... hehe pieced
smile.gif
this is how I feel about baseball, this sport does not excite me at all and everybody arounds goes crazy
satisfied.gif

Originally Posted by mehrunissa ABC, ESPN, and ESPN2 are showing the games, alternately. okie thx. I thought it was a pay per view channel .. apparently I'm blind ... will check out ESPN ...
what time is it on ABC ? I just notice on ESPN (website) It's on @ 2am .....
frown.gif

Latest posts

Back