Mineral Makeup and Moisturizer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
With all the talk about mineral makeup, I was wondering, do you have to use moisturizer before you apply mineral makeup? It seems as if it would stick better if you do. And perhaps looks dry and flakey if you dont.

What do you do?

Hi. I have found that it applies better. I think the moisturizer acts as a primer. I use BE.

Originally Posted by wvbeetlebug Hi. I have found that it applies better. I think the moisturizer acts as a primer. I use BE. I agree. I always moisturize before. Without moisturizer mmu doesn't look very natural.

i've never used mineral makeup, but sometimes I just put powder on (MAC studio fix) instead of a liquid foundation, and I like how it looks better with some moisturizer underneath. I have some patchy spots as far as dryness, and it helps with that.

My skin's a bit dry, so I prefer to apply moisturizer firsthand and then apply any mineral foundation. Plus, it does give it a more natural look and feel to it too.

i have dry skin so i always moisterize when:

I don't wear Mu

When i wear liquid foundation

and when i wear MMu

moisterizing is a must for me
biggrin.gif

I have to moisturize regardless because my skin is on the drier side so Im not sure if it makes a difference.

I used the mineral makeup this morning and used moisturizer and it went on great. A little different experience using the mineral makeup rather than liquid, but the coverage was pretty good. I got the new Loreal that is out now.

Originally Posted by Stringbean I used the mineral makeup this morning and used moisturizer and it went on great. A little different experience using the mineral makeup rather than liquid, but the coverage was pretty good. I got the new Loreal that is out now. the liquid ? how is the coverage ?

I used to use moisturizer before I applied my mineral makeup, and I never had a problem. I know BE sells Skin Rev-er Upper, which is similiar to a prime/moisturizer. If I used that, I didn't use my moisturizer.

Even though I've got oily skin, I can't seem to get a good application of mineral makeup w/o some kind of moisturizer, or skin primer. It evens out the absorption so you don't get blotches of color!

Still searching for the ultimate in "LIGHT" moisturizers...anyone? I'm currently using the last of my Mary Kay Oil Control lotion. Meh. I'd love to find a 'gel' formulation...

Originally Posted by Stringbean With all the talk about mineral makeup, I was wondering, do you have to use moisturizer before you apply mineral makeup? It seems as if it would stick better if you do. And perhaps looks dry and flakey if you dont.
What do you do?

Yes, you gotta apply something. Either a moisturizer, or a primer, or both. i use just a primer because my skin tends to be oily in the t zone.
Actually i forgot to use the primer today and it still looked good. LOL But it looks better with primer/moisturizer as your skin can look too dry without it.

Back