Mineral foundation vs. Liquid/Powder Foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What is the difference between mineral foundation and the other two? All this talk about EDM/BE is making me curious! TIA!

mineral foundations are said to be pure, free from preservatives, no talc, no harmful chemicals, no oils that can irritate skin and all natural, while of course regular foundations have those kind of stuffs..that's what mineral makeup companies claims.

Originally Posted by NYShopgirl mineral foundations are said to be pure, free from preservatives, no talc, no harmful chemicals, no oils that can irritate skin and all natural, while of course regular foundations have those kind of stuffs..that's what mineral makeup companies claims. yep, what she said!

MMu has less ingredients in it than most foundations/powders out there. Some ppl can't wear MAC powder for example cuz certain ingredients cause them to break out ... but w/MMu, it's good for your skin

I would say another difference would be that you cant even feel the MMU when you have it on. When I wore the liquid it always felt kinda nasty on my face. FYI there is also liquid MMU out there
smile.gif
Also I get way better coverage using less product.

great answer Min! I just don't like liquid anymore ever since i got into MMu (powder) ... it's feels great on your skin, last all day, great coverage ....

and .... i have to admit ... i've fallen asleep w/my MMu on @ least 5 times already .. although it's never a good idea to go to sleep w/any kind of Mu on ... I couldn't help it. I woke up next morning expecting breakouts every1 .. and i couldn't find 1! LoL

Originally Posted by pinkbundles ok, just ordered some samples. my curiosity killed the cat! LOL This is awesome. We started a mineral-makeu-up-domino-effect in this forum. Hahahaha. We will all be mineralized soon!!!!!
biggrin.gif
YAY

Originally Posted by pinkbundles ok, just ordered some samples. my curiosity killed the cat! yay! let us know how you like it!

Originally Posted by Thais LOL This is awesome. We started a mineral-makeu-up-domino-effect in this forum. Hahahaha. We will all be mineralized soon!!!!!
biggrin.gif
YAY LoL@ "we will all be mineralized soon" ... let me picture this .. hmmm ... we will all turn into minerals .....
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by LVA LoL@ "we will all be mineralized soon" ... let me picture this .. hmmm ... we will all turn into minerals .....
laughing.gif
Hahaha that's not what I meant.
wink.gif

I can imagine people who just dont like it but I wonder how many actually applied it correctly. I know Ive said it before but alot of people use way more than they need. The first time I used it it didnt look so good. You have to find your technique. Ive started to spritz my brush 1 or 2 squirts with mineral water & grapefruit oil <--- (smells good) mix then swirl in the minerals & buff it seems to make the foundation go on even smoother I love it. I actually found it by accident I dropped the kabuki in my sink & it got a little damp & I didnt realize it... who knew?

I tend to wear MMu in the summer for a ligher more natural look and a regular liquid foundation in the winter when i don't have to worry about the make up melting off my face. I love both.

Originally Posted by Min I would say another difference would be that you cant even feel the MMU when you have it on. When I wore the liquid it always felt kinda nasty on my face. FYI there is also liquid MMU out there
smile.gif
Also I get way better coverage using less product. Definitely. I can't even feel it on my face. Never, ever heavy.

i agree! at first i used liquid but i got sick of the heavy feeling on my face so i started using mineral and its great!

Back