Eyelash Curler Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I like how my lashes look when curled, but haven't mastered using an eyelash curler at home. Any suggestions? I'm very near-sighted, so I have to stand really close to a mirror to see what I'm doing! Also, does the brand of curler make that much of a difference? Thanks!

Originally Posted by alittleweirdo I like how my lashes look when curled, but haven't mastered using an eyelash curler at home. Any suggestions? I'm very near-sighted, so I have to stand really close to a mirror to see what I'm doing! Also, does the brand of curler make that much of a difference? Thanks! I tried so many and I am very happy with the Shu eyelash curler. It works great for me. Its $15, not too bad.

I've always heard good things about Shu's as well, but haven't tried it. Don't really feel the need too since my lil cheapo ones work just fine lol

But I think the best tips for curling eyelashes are when you get them in the curler, just don't hold the curler down, instead give it a series of squeezes 5-10x usually suffices.

Also make sure that you have a mascara that doesn't pull your lashes back down. Some formula's won't hold curl so watch out for that.
smile.gif

Hey guys, I thought I would ask about eyelash curlers... I have been debating over whose to get, and if the "heated" eyelash curlers are any good...

I thought I would open a post for everyone to share any experience, tips, etc. with everyone else...

Personally I like to hold my curler at the base of my lashes and wait about 10 secs, then lightly curl then rest. Makes a more wide eye...

i haven't used one before, but i hear shu uemura's is supposed to be good

I have Revlon's but it's busted so I'm thinking about trying Shu Uemura's (which is about $16 I think). But I'll probably just end up getting MAC's b/c i can get it cheap. Has anyone else tried any of those heated curlers from Sephora??

I have a really cheap eyelash curler, and it works a lot better than any of the heated or more expensive eyelash curlers. I think its just a matter of how curly you want your eyelashes to be..

awww man! I was hoping one of you makeup geniuses had tried to heated one from Sephora, or any other brand...

Liz, do you mean to tell me you have NEVER EVER used a lash curler? Like, EVER?! I find that extremely hard to believe if so...I mean, I have seen your traincase...

I don't use one either(never have, kind of scared of them, haha), but I've heard that the Shu one is good and that the Revlon one works well too even though it's cheap!

Originally Posted by MACGoddess awww man! I was hoping one of you makeup geniuses had tried to heated one from Sephora, or any other brand...
Liz, do you mean to tell me you have NEVER EVER used a lash curler? Like, EVER?! I find that extremely hard to believe if so...I mean, I have seen your traincase...

lol. nope never used one. i don't have one either
smile.gif

loooove my max factor! i had shu's at one point, while i had my MF, too, and i used one on one eye and the other on the other and SAME thing. i swear by it. it's also $4, too. love it! shiseido's is supposed to be better than shu's, though. never tried that. i just couldn't spend so much on a curler when mine is fine.

I have an old Maybelline one is fine but what works for me is to heat it up with a blow dryer first. Make sure you do not get it too hot because it can burn your eyelids. I have very thin, straight, skimpy lashes and it curls them up perfectly.
icon_razz.gif

Originally Posted by MACGoddess Hey guys, I thought I would ask about eyelash curlers... I have been debating over whose to get, and if the "heated" eyelash curlers are any good...
I thought I would open a post for everyone to share any experience, tips, etc. with everyone else...

Personally I like to hold my curler at the base of my lashes and wait about 10 secs, then lightly curl then rest. Makes a more wide eye...

I don't like heated eyelash curlers! I love my Shiseido eyelash curler! I've used the cheap ones like Covergirl and Revlon but it takes a long long time to get them super curled..with Shiseido I only wait a few sec and wow! I get this dramatic eyelashes..

Originally Posted by Trisha Shu's are the best, buy them and you'll love them x I'd go for Shu too. I've had Virgin Vie curlers, boots and I've found that the Shu ones work best.

I have long eyelashes, but unfortunately they are as straight as a board! The only eyelash curlers (yes, I use two) that have worked for me are the heated ones..

I start with this one. I paid $30.00 for it at Sephora, but since I purchased it, I've seen them at Ulta for 1/2 the price.
icon_frown.gif

P52301_hero.jpg

After I'm finished with it, I use this one right before I use mascara. This one is from Sephora, but I got mine at Ulta. It's identical to it.

P20039_hero.jpg

I have a heated eyelash curler, it looks a lot like the one on this board, but I purchased mine from avon. It doesn't make too much of a difference, but I like it and it heats up in 10 secs. I also have a good eyelash curler from maybelline, I like it a lot, it does a good job.

Latest posts

Back