OPI nail polish

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I used to use Hard Candy and Urban Decay nail polishes when really funky colors were all the rage! Then I took a break and recently I've gotten back into nail color again.
wub.gif
I've heard about OPI, but do not know too much about it. Is this a good brand? I tried to find them at the d/s, but they did not have any. Where can you buy them? Also, how much do they go for? I love bright, fun colors (corals/pinks/reds) for the Summer. Would you recommend OPI or another brand? Thanks so much!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Most of the nail salons here use OPI. I have purchased a few bottles. It is a really good polish. At the beauty supply stores here, a bottle sells for about $7.00.

I recommend OPI stuff, all the nail salons I've been use this brand they make SO many colours, you can always find them cheaper online though.

I love OPI.. when i'm doing nails I'll use either OPI or Zoya.. Zoya is good because it is formaldehyde free! but i'm in love with the OPI colors.. and so are the clients
smile.gif

I don't have my nails polished every day but when I do I prefer to use OPI polish.

The color selection is great and the staying power too. I've bought mine at Ulta and some beauty supply stores also carry it.

Marilyn

opi polishes are good, i like essie nail polish as well. you can buy both at ulta. sorry i have no color recommendations for you, i tend to wear a lot of pale, neutral colors or my fave, opi lincoln park after dark (dark dark matte plum, almost black)

ok you ALL love opi nail polish and that is the ONLY nail polish that i have heard the worst about, in the sense that its been proven to cause cancer and problems in women who are pregnent (to your fetus etc.) they have been talking about it all week on the news, and before you all gang up on me and say "everything causes cancer" this is A PROVEN FACT WITH THIS PARTICULAR BRAND LADIES!"

really? i had never heard that...thanks for the heads up, i'm going to go research that now! (i believe you, i'm just interested to read more about it!)

I love OPI & Essie. My Essie favorites are Exotic Liras & Ohh La La. OPI's Lincoln Park After Dark is also awesome. It's a deep dark purple that looks like black but isn't.

Originally Posted by DiorAddict My fav is "I' m not really a waitress"! I like that color too and it seems to be a popular color. I love the names of some of the colors.

Orly and China Glaze are great alternatives to OPI. Orly swizzle stick and China Glaze On the Prowl are hot hot hott!

Originally Posted by susanks1 Most of the nail salons here use OPI. I have purchased a few bottles. It is a really good polish. At the beauty supply stores here, a bottle sells for about $7.00. EEK $7.00?! In Japan it cost around $18 USD!

I've been wanting to try it though.

I do like OPI..it is a great nail poish..I use it mostly when I get my nails done proffesionally..but ..there are a few I take home too..Right now, I like Hoodoo Voodoo on my toes..LOL...it's a great bright pink color..

Originally Posted by makeupfreak72 ok you ALL love opi nail polish and that is the ONLY nail polish that i have heard the worst about, in the sense that its been proven to cause cancer and problems in women who are pregnent (to your fetus etc.) they have been talking about it all week on the news, and before you all gang up on me and say "everything causes cancer" this is A PROVEN FACT WITH THIS PARTICULAR BRAND LADIES!" Sorry but I don't think it's just OPI, it's the ingredient formulyde (sp?) that is supposed to cause cancer, but these days everything 'causes cancer' so you have to take it with a pinch of salt.

Yep - There are certain ingredients that they say have been "linked" to cancer. That means that someone with cancer said "I used that ingredient, blah blah" but it does NOT mean that the ingredient itself has been found to CAUSE cancer. Big difference. And unfortunately, I don't think people doing these studies are clear enough about it.

Originally Posted by merrymeredith OPI does not cause cancer. But thanks for the laugh! do some research on it and then you'll REALLY roll over and die laughing!

Originally Posted by makeupfreak72 do some research on it and then you'll REALLY roll over and die laughing! I did look into it, and as I mentioned in my post above, the ingredients have NOT been found to CAUSE cancer. They are only LINKED to cancer, which means that they are among the MANY things that people with cancer have used.

ok so its been linked or it causes cancer no one really knows, regardless what is it about my making it aware to others that makes you laugh?

Latest posts

Back