Height growth

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i'm almost 19, but i want to grow an inch or 2 in height. i heard that you stop growing when you're 21. both of my parents are pretty tall.(my mom is 5"8, and my dad is around 5"11). I was wondering if there are any natural vitamins that I can take that can help me grown an inch or 2 at least? Is there hope for me? lol

thank you

I remember hearing something in the news about some kinda shot ($2000 or was it $200 ??) It was a long time ago ... that u can inject into your leg and u'd grow like 2" tops ...

I dun know why I'm the shortest in my family. Maybe i'm adopted LoL

My dad is taller than me (well , he's taller than most ppl anyways). My mom is taller than me, my lil brother and my 13 year old sister is taller than me (she's 5' 3'', probably taller now thought .. for some reason, she grows realli fast ... I swear she's stealing my height, every inch she grows, i lose an inch .. jk)

o ya - pilates can help lengten your body

My friend tried something called "HeightMax" that she saw an ad for on her limewire and other places. I think she said it MAY have helped her grow an inch, but she isn't sure if it was the pills or nature. Other than that they haven't been helping her much.

I read this article about surgery you can get. It's popular in China/Asian countries because they're shorter over there. Has a max. difference of 2-3''.

Zinc would probably be good to take because it helps you physically mature, which includes height/breast development. Plus its good for a ton of other stuff.

Other than that, I'm not really sure! Maybe any sort of multivitamin to make sure your meeting all your nutrition needs.

Goodluck! <3

I have never heard of anything that helps you grow ... however, I thought most girls stopped growing around the time they hit puberty or just after. Most girls I know (including myself) stopped growing around ages 12-14. Guys usually continue to grow for a few years more, but I think it's still pretty rare that I hear of a guy growing much after age 19 -- maybe a few do!

i know this is gonna sound funny but play ALOT of basketball, im serious all the stretching you do in that sport helps alot while bones are still growing!

Honestly, it's all genetic. There is really nothing you can do to make yourself taller. If you have the genes that will make you stop growing at 5'6", then nothing you take/drink/eat/smoke/inject will make you taller than that.

Originally Posted by VenusGoddess Honestly, it's all genetic. There is really nothing you can do to make yourself taller. If you have the genes that will make you stop growing at 5'6", then nothing you take/drink/eat/smoke/inject will make you taller than that. Yeah, that's what I thought... I think extreme malnutrition can stunt growth, but if you're eating decently healthy I don't think there's much more you can do!

Genetics, overall health, and nutrition are the factors at play in height development. My parents are 5'7" and 5'3" respectively and I am a horizontally challenged 4'11" just like my grandmother and her grandmother before her.

Originally Posted by VenusGoddess Honestly, it's all genetic. There is really nothing you can do to make yourself taller. If you have the genes that will make you stop growing at 5'6", then nothing you take/drink/eat/smoke/inject will make you taller than that. i was thinking the same.

i forgot about basketball ... my guy friends used to be cute lil midgets (<-- okie .. maybe not midgets
biggrin.gif
) and ever since they started playing college basketball ... i swear they look like huge trees or something .. everytime i talk to them i have to look up and i hate it .... stupid tall jocks ...LoL

same problem here
doze.gif
i'm 5'4''
doze.gif
I HAVE TO GROW 3inch in height AT LEAST!
add_shit.gif

Originally Posted by Larki same problem here
doze.gif
i'm 5'4''
doze.gif
I HAVE TO GROW 3inch in height AT LEAST!
add_shit.gif
You HAVE to? Did you know that either 5'4" or 5'5" (I forget which) is average height for a woman? You're really not that short
wink.gif

I am 5'5" and I love it, I can always wear average length pants and not worry about having to find long or short sizes! lol

Its funny my mum said to me on saturday that she is convinced I've grown a little taller and I'm 19 5'4". I was at a wedding recently and I was talking to my aunt about how I wish I was taller and she said "I always think of you as a tall person" then kicked off her shoes to compare her 5'1" with me lol. So just get a good pair of heels! I also heard you stop growing when you get to 21 so maybe theres hope for us yet!

Women stop growing 3-4 years after the 1st period. The peak of growing is on the years before and the year after the 1st period ; after that you'll grow very little, and by 21 you'll have almost every bone in your body calcified. I know that because i did my boob reduction surgery when i was 13, almost 14, and i had my 1st period like 3 weeks after i turned 10. My doctor advised me that if i got fat or grew up i would be with horrible boobs because of the irregular growth. But none of 2 happened (well , i got fatter, but when i gain weight my boobs don't get bigger).

i was always the tallest in my class...until i got my period. i stopped growing and everyone kept growing...right past me!

i agree with venus, i don't think there is much you can do to change your height growth. i'm 5'5", i would *love* to be like 5'6" or 5'7".

Back