Long hair haters

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some one posted this on the longhaircareforum and i thought this was so true so i decided to post it here because i believe it is a serious issue. Especially for african american women.

I just don't understand the nerve of some people! Is hair really all that serious to wish bad things upon people??

Why is there so much hair hate in the salon? When a woman with long hair walks in, why do some folks gotta hate? Stylists included!! Everyone is all in their hair trying to look for tracks. Some stylists will out anyone who is wearing a weave. If a woman with a weave is going to a salon to have her hair styled, what's wrong with asking her quietly if she has added hair before you start styling? Why yell all across the room "is that all yo hair?"

If you have long hair be careful of what stylist you use if you want a trim. Some of these undercover haters will chop the mess out of your hair, and some other clients will secretly be loving it! I've seen it with my own eyes!!! I've seen stylists purposely become rough with a woman's hair if it's long. Sometimes they'll make rude comments about how "nappy" it is.

I've heard other clients stare a woman with long hair down. When they see that it's all hers they make some rude comments. "she think she all that" what's even worse is overhearing someone make a malicious comment such as "i hope all that s*** falls out" Are these people for real???

My cousin wears weaves and looks gorgeous with them. She has them put in at a mostly white salon but has her hair styled at black salons. Whenever she goes to have her hair styled the stylist has to find a way to let everyone know it's not all hers. So one second everyone is staring and green with envy, the next second they are relieved to know that "that a'int all hers." If I was wearing a weave and the stylist felt the need to let everyone know this, I would get out of the chair and walk straight out. It's not like she is trying to deceive anyone, but it that everyone's business? I think it's proper protocol to ask privately if the client has added hair and then take the proper precautions when styling it. If others find out it is a weave, so what, but don't make stupid, loud comments like "Girl you got tracks all up and through yo head!" or even worse "Oh girl I was getting excited cause I thought that was all yo' hair, you betta quit!!"

Oh and naturals with some serious shrinkage going into a salon to get a press, beware. Some folks get jealous when they see your neck length hair go all down your back in a matter of minutes. Then when you leave they start whispering "Girl that 'nappy' s*** won't be all that long when the rain hit it"

Funny how all the haters are in the salon. It just isn't right.

wow i didnt even know about that, maybe that's why my hair stylist cut it so badly -.-''' but then again no one yelled at me =o and i'm not african american :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

so interesting....so odd..IMO

sad but true its happend to me. my hair was bra strap length and the hairstylist said i needed a "trim". she cut off 7 inches.....

Yeah when I go to the salon my hairstylist always tells me to cut my hair off. She did it 4 years ago. I had long healthy hair because i didn't blowdry alot or use a flat iron, no split ends, no dry hair. it was healthy but she cut it all off more than 12 inches. I just wanted layers and 4 inches off. I think if you like having long hair than its okay, but thats not defenition of beauty.

I always found everything you said to be true. I couldn't finish telling you how many times I went for a "TRIM" only to have my long hair ruined!!! after that I only got a don't worry it's a different style but you'll get used to it. arrgh!! that's why now I keep my trimmings to a minimum and only with this one girl i found who does what I say. Thank god I found her.

I definitely believe this. My friend traveled to a bigger city to have his hair braided and he was amazed at the way they talked about the clients.
frown.gif

i ones was with a woman in the bus (with her husband). her hair looked like a mess. like when you take long hair and just try to make it into a mess by rubbing the hairs together, and then you end up with a ball that cant be combed.

So this woman has all her hair up in little hairballs, you can see that she had long hair. and that she cut off some of the balls, or ribbed them off. i asked her, what happened? she said she was comming from the hospital. she had a minor operation. there was another woman with her in the room. this woman always looked envious at her long hair.

So the next time she wakes up, her hair was like that, and the woman already checked out. she thinks this woman did it to her. anyway, her husband tried to comb her hair, but it didnt work. so he cut some balls off, but since he is not a hairstylist they just let it go and went home with the bus.

i actually found this so creepy!!! like a horror story i was scared!!!!

and i dont understand why people have to be jelous. i love beautiful things, i appreciate pretty things. why be jelous!?

That is pretty sad. I for one don't believe in jeolousy and think people go way out of proportion for minor vengeance. Its stupid and time consuming. Now that Im trying to grow my hair long again I wont take it for any "trims" any time soon. I always tell the stylist a certain length I want him to cut and he ends up chopping it off > :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> the nerve!

I used to experience this too. The women stylists would talk about customers right in front of other clients. I go to a male stylist now, and he's also Christian, so if anyone is talking about anyone, I can't hear it over the gospel music.

I must admit I thought this article was suppose to be sarcastic until I read the replies... But now Im just a tad dumbfounded... You should be able to tell if someone is cutting your hair in the wrong way or too much. And while I don't agree with workers badmouthing their customers, its just as much the customers stupidity for giving them business time after time.

thats pretty crazy i have heard you know mexican myths or urban legends if you will that if you have long hair and some one is jelous of it it will fall off, well my hair is down past my waist (see pic in my profile, you can see some) and it was super super thick, and its wavy and i used to get soooo many compliments on the street and then just this past year it has been falling like crazy and i swear its soo thin my rubberband just slides off!1
sleepyhead.gif
sleepyhead.gif

Originally Posted by PerfectMistake Didn't know that happened - darn!
My hair used to be pretty long
frown.gif

yeah, i can believe there are long hair haters!!!

i had the same thing happen to me, i said i just want a trim and they cut off 4 to five inches, so now what i do is act like i dont know what an inch is , i say i just want my ends trimmed about an inch. and by the wayabout how much is a inch. so they show me with their fingers and i say oh , ok! that way theres NO MISUNDERSTANDING)and i never had that promblem again, it really works

i hate haters period lol but if u really hate a girl cause she has long hair then u got some problems
sadyes.gif

I HAD hair down to my ass. It's always been hard to find someone to trim it because they will ALWAYS cut of 4+ inches. I guess they figure you have plenty :-/ In Jan, I went for a trim...told her repeatedly..ONLY take the bare minimum! By the time I left, she had taken about 8 inches....and Im NOT kidding. So...I was looking for somewhere else to go, a friend told me about her place. I went there, told her to whole story and of course, she was "appalled" She did a nice job. Went back for a second trim...SAME DAMN THING, took about 3 inches! I am seriously sick to death of it! I don't know who these stylists think they are that it's THEIR decision how we should wear our hair. Are they so damned money hungry that they have to have everyone with short hair so they have to get trimmed every 2-3 weeks? I've only met 3 people who trimmed what was necessary....2 moved and one I have personal issues with.

Im currently where I have spent most of my life...seeking a new hairstylist. :-(

I dont have long hair anymore, but when I did, I always watched closely and told them if they were cutting tooo much. Please tell me you girls walked out without paying when they butchered your hair...I would throw a shitstorm if someone did that to me.

Everyone can have beautiful hair, they just need to care for it!. I can't wait till my hairs longer.

Its awful how people are jealous of other peoples long hair
kopfkratz.gif
x

Back