Ultimate HairStyle Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
***WELCOME TO THE ULTIMATE HAIRSTYLE THREAD!!!***

The purpose of this thread is to provide pictures and links to hairstyle related sites or photos to help us all get ideas for color, cuts, styles, and anything related to hair!
smile.gif

Sometimes it's hard to find photos of inspiration for your next salon visit, so we'd like to offer a place for just that purpose!

Feel free to post photos or helpful hair links (no spamming, please!) So we can all benefit from this useful tool!

THANK YOU!!!! xoxo JANELLE xoxo
inlove.gif

__________________________________________________ ________

ss_CIMG5113.jpg

The Look: Wispy Bob
Ideal for: Straight or wavy hair

At the salon: Ask for a long bob with choppy layers, a side part, and long, sideswept bangs.

At-home styling: Flip damp hair upside down and blow-dry. When hair is dry, use a texturizing pomade or wax to make the ends look piecey.

ss_CIMG4989.jpg

The Look: Uncoventional Updo
Ideal for: All hair types

At the salon: Ask for a tousled bob on layered hair with wispy bangs.

At-home styling: Take random pieces of hair and secure with bobby pins to the crown of the head. Pull out pieces of bangs and side layers to frame the face, and smooth them with a flat iron or blow-dryer to finish.

ss_CIMG4395.jpg

The Look: Long on Layers

At the salon: Ask for long layers with face-framing angles.

At-home styling: Work mousse into damp hair to add volume and texture. Give hair a low side part. Blow-dry hair with a round or flat brush, and tousle lightly with fingers when dry

ss_CIMG3640.jpg

The Look: Curl Girl
Ideal for: Curly or wavy hair

At the salon: Ask for layered, midlength cut with long, angled bangs.

At-home styling: Apply frizz-control styling gel or cream to damp hair. Twist 1-inch sections around fingers and dry with blow-dryer with diffuser attachment. Break up curls and separate them; apply finishing serum for finish and shine.

ss_CIMG3459.jpg

The Look: Contemporary

At the salon: Ask for a layered cut with long, sideswept bangs that start at the cheekbones

At-home styling: Add a light mousse for some volume before styling. Blow-dry hair with a round brush, lifting at roots and making sure to make ends smooth and straight (to avoid a bubble look)

ss_CIMG3403.jpg

The Look: Long on Style
Ideal for: Straight hair

At the salon: Ask for a long, angled cut with long, wispy bangs angled around the face.

At-home styling: Blow-dry with flat brush (add volumizing mousse first if hair is fine) and finish styling with a flat iron. Use pomade on ends to texturize and add definition.

ss_CIMG3399.jpg

The Look: Pixie
Ideal for: Straight hair

At the salon: Ask for very short layers with very short bangs.

At-home styling: Blow-dry with fingers for a tousled look. For a more polished look, use a small, round brush to smooth hair around the face and crown. Finish both looks with a texturizing paste or pomade for definition.

ss_CIMG2954.jpg

The Look: Swept Away

At the salon: Ask for a shoulder-length, texturized, layered cut with angles cut around the face, starting at the cheekbones.

At-home styling: Use a round brush to flip hair out as you blow-dry. Work hair wax or pomade into dry hair for a wispy, piecey look.

http://images.meredith.com/lhj/images/08/ss_CIMG2907.jpg
The Look: Siren

At the salon: Ask for long layers throughout with long and low angles around the face, and layers in the back.

At-home styling: Add a relaxing balm to damp hair, blow-dry, then finish with a flat iron for an emphasis on straightness. Finish with balm for definition.

http://images.meredith.com/lhj/images/08/ss_CIMG2869.jpg
The Look: The New Bob

At the salon: ASk for a chin-length bob with a side part.

At home styling: Blow-dry hair straight. Add a finishing product, like a wax or pomade, for definition and texture.

http://images.meredith.com/lhj/images/08/ss_CIMG2251.jpg
The Look: Sass and Class

At the salon: Ask for shoulder-length hair, angled around the face, with long, sideswept, angled bangs.

At home styling: Blowdry hair with a round brush, working angles back away from face. Finish with a hair wax or pomade to add definition and shine.

beautiful.jpg
Hairstyles

When choosing your hairstyle, remember that you'll have a much easier time if you choose a style that lets hair do what it wants naturally.

Fine Hair has the appearance of softness, which can be very feminine and appealing. However, if you want it to look thicker, you should have it layered slightly. A soft body wave adds fullness and hair coloring can also give more body and make it look thicker.

Course Hair has an overall heavy look - one that makes a statement. Cut is very important and a haircut that shapes the face will also help control the hair. Coloring will soften the texture by filling in and smoothing out the cuticle.

Straight Hair can be thick or thin but when in perfect, shiny condition, it gives the impression of a shimmering sheet of hair. A straight, blunt cut to the length you decide is best. A body wave will create movement and curlers will help add height. Curly Hair is perhaps the most versatile. You can blow-dry it straight, use rollers of various sizes to adjust the natural curls, or let it go soft and curly on its own.

(sampled from www.free-beauty-tips.com)

Originally Posted by tsbuhler Can anybody help me with 'this' hairstyle! I love it, but i can't figure it out!
hilary.jpg

thanks thanks thanks

-me

That's a faux hawk hairstyle. i'm not exactly sure how to do that hairstyle but maybe this will help?

“THE FAUX HAWKâ€

Apply on dry hair at the roots. Pull together center section of hair and lift up for volume, then slick hair back on both sides. Blow dry on cool to set this long lasting funky style.

I wish I could explain how, but I can't put it out in words.
icon_neutral.gif

::taken from this site below::

http://decapolis.com/views_/pages/Th...meisOver.shtml

nice pictures above.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
my hair is like a mix of the first one and this...

ss_CIMG3459.jpg

Have any of you girls ever tried any of the Toni Bratton hair pieces that can be purchased from the Home Shopping Network? I love them. Easy to put on in seconds, natural looking, and so many types to choose from. They go well with long and short hair and blend in very easily with your own hair.

Petite Syrah

Sexy Side-Sweep

Step 1

Run a styling foam through towel-dried tresses, then side-part the front section from forehead to crown, says Chuck Amos, a stylist for Aveda who whipped up this look. We like Aveda Phomollient Styling Foam, $13. Blow-dry with a round brush to curve your ends inward. Use a curling iron to create a few big spirals.

Step 2

Rake your fingers through your locks to break up the curls.

Step 3

Sweep the side-parted front pieces off your face and fasten them with a small elastic. Smooth your ends with shine serum. Try Citré Shine Fresh Fusion Shine Miracle Polishing Serum, $7.

Chic Crop

Step 1

Mist volumizer on damp roots. Try Bumble and Bumble Thickening Spray, $21. Blow-dry using a round brush, lifting up your roots as you go, says Jimmy Paul, the editorial stylist for Bumble and Bumble who created this look.

Step 2

Once dry, side-part your strands and arrange the front section so it sweeps across your forehead. To add volume, tease your hair at the crown, Paul says.

Step 3

Use pomade to tame flyaways and set your bangs in place. We like Pantene Pro-V Texture and Shine Defining Pomade, $4.

The Flowy Center Part

Step 1

If you have straight hair, apply a texturizer and blow-dry while scrunching, says Guido Palau, creative consultant for Redken. Try Sebastian Texturizer, $16.50. Have a head full of curls? Comb in a smoothing cream, then blow-dry them sleek using a round brush.

Step 2

Once dry, center-part your hair and create a few randomly placed spirals all around your head with a curling iron.

Step 3

Tousle the waves to blend them in. Spritz on a finishing spray like Herbal Essences Citrus Lift Flaunt It Finishing Mist, $2.99.

The Polished Pony

Step 1

Apply both a shine serum and a volumizer to hair before blow-drying, says Paul. We like John Frieda Frizz-Ease Hair Serum Lite Formula, $10, and Matrix Vavoom Height of Glam Volumizing Foam, $13.

Step 2

Curl your tresses with a large-barrel curling iron, then brush out the squiggles so they're big and bouncy.

Step 3

Gather your mane into a high ponytail, leaving out some strands at the nape of your neck. (This sneaky trick makes your do look longer.) To mask the elastic, wind a lock of hair around it and pin underneath. Smooth on another shot of shine serum.

Source

can someone help me??? my group chose a THREAD ZOOM topic for our awards but i don't know from where i can search on how to apply threads on the hair. i appreciate if someone can help cause i'm new in this forum.

topleft.jpg

would this come under sideswept bangs also?? or is it a diff kind? cuz i like em

Latest posts

Back