Staying awake

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need some ideas for staying awake!

I have inventory at work this weekend and it's overnight. Saturday I work 8:30pm - 4 am and on Sunday 5:30 pm - 6 am. I'll need to stay up pretty late tonight so I can sleep tomorrow and be awake for work.

It's almost 10pm now and I'm so tired already. My mom thinks I should try to make it until 3 or 4 am. I've been drinking coffee and tea all day but I'm still tired. I think I just need something to keep me busy.

MUT!

You could try to exercise. Everytime you feel tired do like 20 jumping jacks. Eat an apple... its supposed to help with keeping you up. Drink lots of water.

you could play video games (if you're into that); go out; stay away from your bed (or anywhere where it calls your name to sleep!); exercise; clean and organize stuff (that always works for me) and read a book (but a fun read) - the page-turner kind

hth

Great ideas!

I just thought that maybe I could organize my makeup. I have stuff all over my bathroom and my bedroom, and I have a bunch of plastic containers and baskets. So yeah!

I'm kind of wired right now.
yess.gif

I agree w/ Marisol. I remember reading somewhere that eating an apple first thing in the morning rather than having a cup of coffee will wake you up faster... Haven't tried it myself yet... Definitely MuT to keep you busy though
wink.gif

MUT can keep me busy - but then I run out of things to respond to and get tired! Hehe.

I will clear/organize, stay in lite areas!, watch something that really interests you...uhmmm I like to look through my shoes and clothes just to remember what I had!

Worte letters, poems, stories or just doodle! Drink some cold water, that seems to help. When I had to work night audit on occassion when I worked at a hotel I had to think of interesting ways!

Good luck!!!

If you get reallly bored, we can take turns asking you totally random questions. That will occupy some time!

Organizing and cleaning always works for me. And MuT, or internet in general.

COFFEE! LoL that's how I stay awake. Just find something, anything to occupy your attention (make sure it's interesting though!) and eventually, you won't think about being tired.

I'm a Red Cross certified volunteer, and back during Hurricane Katrina and Rita I worked with the relief crews in Lubbock. During the day, there is plenty to do, like distributing food and clothes and hygiene products - keeping the hurricane refugees company. I ended up doing the 10 PM - 6 AM shift one time, and at that point, most all the hurricane refugees were asleep, so there wasn't really much for me to do. So I would play card games or play basketball or football with some of the kids that weren't asleep yet. Just kept myself occupied, b/c otherwise I would have dropped dead lol

These are all really good tips that will come in handy next time I need to cram for an exam. Thanks, ladies!

Back