Flat irons

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey girls !

so im planning on getting a new flat iron since my Sedu kicked the bucket on me !! I've been doing some reading and research and am thinking on the solia ? has anyone ever tried or owned one of these ?

I wasnt too happy with the sedu, it was CHEAPLY made and broke incredibly easy and it didnt really make my hair stay flat or straight even tho it was just two hours later ( and mind u i have THIN hair !!)

or anyone know of any really good flat irons ? I heard the chi is good but also cheaply made ?

well any help would be greatly appreciated !! thanx everyone !

Hi,

I've been on the market for a new flat iron. So far, I've had the HAI convertable and the original CHI. I have extremely thick hair...and lots of it! It's wavy/curly and has tons of volume and I live in pretty much 100% humidity so a flat iron has to be really great to keep my hair under control!

I've had the HAI for over 2 years and the CHI for about a week. I did a side by side comparison of the two (I styled half my hair with one iron and half with the other.) I didn't notice a huge difference. I think the CHI slipped through my hair a bit more easily and left it a TEENY bit smoother, but it was a slight difference. However it also seems to snag my hair a bit more, not too much, but I lost a few hairs!

The HAI is very well made. It is sturdy (has lasted me over 2 years) and I also like that you can control the temperature on it (210 - 400 degress). I got mine for $80. The CHI is plastic and feels cheaper. It has a set temperature of 370 degrees and I paid $130 for it.

Overall, I don't think that the CHI is much better even though I know it's the most popular. My hairdresser gets amazing results with it, but for me, it's not much better than the HAI. I'm going to exchange it for the T3 Tourmaline just to see the difference and if that's no better than the HAI, I'll probably just stick with what I have until it gives out!

Back