Caffeine and cellulite?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I was immersed in my new "the skin commandments" sephora catalog and noticed two products aimed at cellulite: biotherm celluli-peel and bliss fat girl slim. The decriptions of both include Caffeine as a main ingredient to enhance circulation
kopfkratz.gif
. Has anyone tried any products like this? I cant help but think the effect would wear off once it's all rinsed away. I may not have the bumpiest lumps, but I'm definately interested in how this could work!

Yes...our Figure 8 Vanish Contouring Cellulite Cream does and I think it works great. I have heard no complants. I did wonder when I first heard about it ..the same thing.

Ann Phelps
smile.gif

HAHA! i was so freaked out when I read "cafiene and cellulite" I thougth maybe caffiene caused cellulite or something which would definatly blow because I LOOoove my precious coffee 24/7! ha

Originally Posted by MermaidWitch HAHA! i was so freaked out when I read "cafiene and cellulite" I thougth maybe caffiene caused cellulite or something which would definatly blow because I LOOoove my precious coffee 24/7! ha lmao!
laughing.gif
x

i know caffeine helps get rid of cellulite. have you ever heard of people rubbing coffee beans on it?! LOL

Originally Posted by MermaidWitch HAHA! i was so freaked out when I read "cafiene and cellulite" I thougth maybe caffiene caused cellulite or something which would definatly blow because I LOOoove my precious coffee 24/7! ha omg!! me too .. i was like eek!! i can't give up my tea!!

From what I've heard you cannot rid yoursel of cellulite because it has to do with the way your fat cells are structured.

I heard that too but you know I did see a differance when I used the product. Maybe it firms the skin there so it looks like less jiggle? I don't know. I will have to look into the caffeine and cellulite research and see what it says.

Wouldn't it be nice to drink the caffeine and loose it
wink.gif

Ann Phelps
smile.gif

Originally Posted by eightthirty From what I've heard you cannot rid yoursel of cellulite because it has to do with the way your fat cells are structured. No, it has to do with the way your fat is stored. Some people have a light & thin network of fibrous tissue, and so they will have more cellulite than those with a nice, thick elastin network. It's like having a holey burlap sack with grain spilling out of the weak spots.
And besides, there is an easy way to lessen the appearance of cellulite... get off the couch and go exercise.

Originally Posted by Aquilah If caffeine got rid of cellulite, I'd be SO cellulite free! I wish! Me too LOL!

I use the L'Oreal sublime slim anti-cellulite gel. I've been using it everyday for like 4 months (except the past week cause I'm out of it and have been too lazy to get more) and I love it. I really have noticed a difference and it does have caffeine in it.

Erm..just wanted to say..drinking coffee and tea does increase cellulite unfortunately, because coffee and tea cause water retension
frown.gif
This hasn't stopped me from drinking my 4-5 cups a day though
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_salut.gif

Not the same happens if you use caffeine to rub on your skin, it does help to get rid of it. I started using a lotion from loreal a couple of months ago, it was called sculpt up but i had to stop it as i wasn't able to sleep at night and i became very irritable. I think it was because of the caffeine that was in it, so i switched to dove firming cream and didn't have a problem.That's a pitty because i think it was starting to have good results.

I see the caffien and cellulite everywhere!!
So, does it really help? I mean the caffn in cellu?

If so, then what if we dont drink and massage the coffee itself with a lotion? It sure would absorb at those places?

and cellulite vanishes or start to vanish only by massaging. the more u massage the skin, the more its warmer and burns the fat deposits within. all these lotions( if work), is only because its written on them to massage! we think that the lotion is working, and it doest somehow, but actually ur working and helping urself more rather than the lotion by massagind ur skin in a perticular area for sometime.

The medical treatments also do the massaging when treating the cellulite. if u cant do the massage( as v all feel lazy abt it), then shud buy a massager and massage from it with a lotion. The cellu will vanish!

Unfortunately, it is impossible to get rid of cellulite. The creams and massage will help diminish the appearance of it temporarily but it won't go away. Creams work by taking the water out of tissue giving the area leaner and smoother look just like anti- fat creams. Massage will plump up the skin also to make tissue appear even. Exercise can help reduce cellulite by loosing body fat and thus lessening the visual effects of cellulite. This is more hereditary and diet than anything else. Btw, men rarely have cellulite because of the way the skin is attached to tissue in a "cross-sectional" way, whereas women's is diagonally. Saw that on some scientific show. Did a lot of research on the and asked fitness trainers.

Quote: Originally Posted by MermaidWitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif

HAHA! i was so freaked out when I read "cafiene and cellulite" I thougth maybe caffiene caused cellulite or something which would definatly blow because I LOOoove my precious coffee 24/7! ha

lol I had the same reaction. I don't think I could give up my morning coffee!

Olga pretty much summed up my planned post on the subject at hand.

Cellulite vanishes or start to vanish only by massaging. the more u massage the skin, the more its warmer and burns the fat deposits within. all these lotions if work is only because its written on them to massage.

I know I posted on another thread about cellulite here, but might as well share in this thread as well.  I've been battling cellulite on my thighs since I was 13/14 years old, and have literally tried every cream/home remedy/suggestion.  One day in April, I was on a fitness forum and read some personal stories as well as studies linking cellulite and dairy.  I cut out all dairy completely, and suffice it to say, this was the first summer since I was a teenager that I wore shorts.  I've been dairy free for 6 months now, and the results really are amazing. 

I think cellulite products are generally a waste of money and don't work. Exercise and good diet are the best way and don't have to cost nearly as much!

Latest posts

Back