The Official Mineralize Skin Finish (MSF) Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was thinking that since MAC released & repromoted some MSF's, maybe this would be a(nother) good for the MOD's too list links for how to's, shade descriptions, MSF uses, etc.

It might be easier for some new members to come to this thread, and maybe some of our new members might have some questions we haven't heard before.

What do u guys think??

Originally Posted by missjeffrey I was thinking that since MAC released & repromoted some MSF's, maybe this would be a(nother) good for the MOD's too list links for how to's, shade descriptions, MSF uses, etc.
It might be easier for some new members to come to this thread, and maybe some of our new members might have some questions we haven't heard before.

What do u guys think??

Good idea!!! Are the new MSFs out already though??? I went to MAC yesterday specifically looking for them and didnt seem them...

great idea! should we make this the official MSF thread? up to you guys
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer great idea! should we make this the official MSF thread? up to you guys
smile.gif
That's an even better idea!!
wink.gif
What about making it a stickie?? Just in case MAC does more MSF's in the future....
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by missjeffrey That's an even better idea!!
wink.gif
What about making it a stickie?? Just in case MAC does more MSF's in the future....
rolleyes.gif

i'll bring it up with the other mods!
smile.gif
for now, i'll edit the title of this thread...
thanks for the idea, jeffrey!

okay, title's changed, so now everyone go ahead and list the things people who have no idea what MSFs are would need to know about it!
smile.gif

Here is a picture of the MSF's that I have.

Metal Rock and Pleasureflush are missing. I will take a picture of Metal Rock and post it later.

yes, please more info on the MSF's and why everyone loves them so much!

Marilyn

Originally Posted by Mari168 yes, please more info on the MSF's and why everyone loves them so much!
Marilyn

I can tell you why I like them so much. I like that you can build up the color of them. For example. I can use Stereo Rose for just a very natural look or if I apply more. then its more dramatic. I also use it with some Fix + (I spray the brush and then dip it in the MSF) and I can get this glazed look on my cheeks.

Originally Posted by Marisol I can tell you why I like them so much. I like that you can build up the color of them. For example. I can use Stereo Rose for just a very natural look or if I apply more. then its more dramatic. I also use it with some Fix + (I spray the brush and then dip it in the MSF) and I can get this glazed look on my cheeks. yup!
MSF = mineralize skin finish.

umm...

they're very versatile. you can use them anywhere on the face, except for i believe stereo rose because it has red dye in it, which could irritate your eyes. someone correct me if i'm wrong there!

Originally Posted by Jennifer they're very versatile. you can use them anywhere on the face, except for i believe stereo rose because it has red dye in it, which could irritate your eyes. someone correct me if i'm wrong there! You are correct!

Okay, I may just have gotten the Petticoat in a swap today, but I don't want to get to excited until I receive it.

So more help on this, there appears to be some coming out this week per this thread. What are they called, what are the colors and what do they cost?

To get them I guess you go to a MAC counter on the day they are released and wish for the best?

Marilyn

Originally Posted by Mari168 Okay, I may just have gotten the Petticoat in a swap today, but I don't want to get to excited until I receive it.
So more help on this, there appears to be some coming out this week per this thread. What are they called, what are the colors and what do they cost?

To get them I guess you go to a MAC counter on the day they are released and wish for the best?

Marilyn

It shouldn't be as bad this time since the MSF's that will get the most interest (Shimpagne & Porcelain Pink) are repromotes. The newest of the MSF's are Shooting Star. These are just from the A Muse collection.
The MSF's from Avant Gold are more matte finish.

Latest posts

Back