Need nail polish shade recs, please

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in a wedding in three weeks, and I'm not sure what shade of polish to use for my tips and toes. The dress is purple. The "official" name of the shade is plum, but it's definitely a dark purple. If anyone has recs about a specific brand of polish, it needs to be something I can pick up at the drugstore. Since I'm broke. LOL

Thanks in advance!!

I think I very pretty thing would be a light pink color on your toes...maybe "Tickled Pink" from Cover Girl!! And I think it's the best to match nails/toes, but if not - you could never go wrong with a french tip!

Hope you find something good
smile.gif

I'd go w/ a light sheer color... Something dark enough to be seen, but not too dark so as to look bold against the dress... If that made sense... I love Sally Hansen's nail polishes. They last a long time, and there's a good selection of colors. I think I have an opalescent white called "Truth," which is a gorgeous color! I even use it over other polishes to create new colors. Maybelline has some nice colors too. There's also NYC, which is pretty good and really inexpensive! Sorry I can't help so much with colors, but maybe try those three brands for some good colors
wink.gif

I don't think you can go wrong with french tips on fingers and toes! So if you can't find a colour, that would be the perfect alternative.

I love French tips! I just do them on my toes, because I can't stand to have polish on my nails! lol

Get some tip guides at your local drug store, a pretty white polish and a light pink or nude polish!

I think that will look great! =)

Essie has some pretty sheer colors. You could also try Sally's Beauty Supply store, they have an awesome selection.

You might also check Sinful Colors. They're available at

WALGREENS

ECKERD

LONGS DRUG

SAV-ON/OSCO

KMART

ULTA

NORDSTROM RACK

RALEY

BI-MART

MEIJER

FRED MEYER

HARMONS DRUG

HAPPY HARRY

FRY'S

KING SUPER

DOMINICKS

SAFEWAY (EAST)

YOUR LOCAL BEAUTY SUPPLY STORE

and they're like OPI, but they are formadehyde and toulene free.

Originally Posted by pinkbundles I don't think you can go wrong with french tips on fingers and toes! So if you can't find a colour, that would be the perfect alternative. THATS WHAT I WANT TO DO IN MY WEDDING

Sally Hansen has a new Opal line out and they are really pretty.[/quot
Yes, check out the Sally Hansen line. Even the non Opal colors are very pretty and there are some light shades out there. I think a light sheer one would be the best shade for the dress.

Enjoy the wedding.

CarolAZ

I am a little late on the band wagon but I have just 'rediscovered' nail polish and am way into OPI, NYX (not only awesome e/s--the n/p are fabby) and Dashing Diva. China Glaze and Creative Nail Design have awesome colors too...

Latest posts

Back