Hate being Pale! (pics)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Its summer, the time where you show of your golden sun-kissed tan.... with me its show of my white glowing skin
frown.gif
. I feel so stupid being pale, people say to me that I look ill?. Also with the hereditery darkness around my eyes it can make me look worse. I would try a sunless tanner but since the skin on my face is soo sensitive I dern't risk making it worse. I don't know how to make myself look not ill, if you not what I mean? I'm so fedup
scared.gif

I eat healthy and always drink water.

Heres 2 piccys of my pale skin...

The first one is just took in my room and the second is right up close to the window to show how ill I look and how the natural light just shadows along my eyes (ignore the squinting eyes lol).

Please be honest... Do I look ill?

I dont think you look ill. To me, it only makes a person look ill when they suddely go pale. If you are always naturally pale then i say no, and dont worry about it.

you look fine, but why (if the paleness is bothering you) dont you go build up a tan ?

I don't think you look ill, maybe a little sad. do they say that when you wear your makeup too. or are they just use to seeing you w/ makeup? have you ever thought about lightening up your hair or highlights? i know that when my hair was dark and i didn't have a tan sometimes i thought i looked a little ill, but w/ the highlights i think it looks better, gives my face a little glow like look.

lol I looked awful with blondes highlights!. I would build up a tan if I could but my skin just turns red and goes back to being pale again
10.gif
, I'm one of those people who cant tan well x

You Look Great, I LOVE YOUR SKIN

I Have A Pale Skin Too

Thats Why I Bought Johnson And Johnson Holiday Skin Daily Facial Moisturizer I Use It Everyday

It Build A Light Tan At First You Wont See The Diffrent But Efter A Few Days Youll See

Its Look Very Natrual

IF ITS WORK FOR ME IT WILL WORK FOR YOU TOO

I love your skin! Don't worry about what people say, since you don't look ill. I'm very pale myself, and when I compare my skin to other people's, I notice that my skin actually looks healthier than theirs. Think about it. The people with tan, dark skin spend way too much time in the sun or in tanning beds, when your skin is being protected from harmful UV rays. I always think that a creamy complexion looks better than a dark complexion any day. :)

I get the I look ill stuff too, but I think most people are used to the way I look, I once went to a doctor for a urinary infection, and she was all worried b/c she said I looked so pale. I said, "yeah I always look pale." I dont care, I dont tan, and if other people dont like it, so what.
cowboy.gif

U don't look ill!! your complexion suits you very well!

But if you're really concerned about it, you could always go to a salon and try out a spray-tan
smile.gif
It works great for people who don't tan naturally..

Originally Posted by xkatiex lol I looked awful with blondes highlights!. I would build up a tan if I could but my skin just turns red and goes back to being pale again
10.gif
, I'm one of those people who cant tan well x aw, i'm sorry. can you tan w/ the fake tanners? i know how you feel though, i hate the way i look w/o color. i 'm pretty light skinned but i tan really easy and get really dark. but my mom has a lot of indian in her family, she's light skinned too, but i guess with that in us it makes it easy to tan.

I have the same pale skin and I don't tan either. I'm either Bright red and hurting or pale. Nothing in between.

I think you look fine and your skin is beautiful.

Try a little blush on your cheeks for a hint of color. I find that blush and mascara are two things I can not live without!

You have great skin and it looks like mine - that porcelain complexion. There's nothing wrong with being pale -I have found that my skin doesn't age as quickly as other women my age with darker tones. Even my own sister including!

Originally Posted by xkatiex lol I looked awful with blondes highlights!. I would build up a tan if I could but my skin just turns red and goes back to being pale again
10.gif
, I'm one of those people who cant tan well x i'm using nivea's summer beauty now for 3 days. havent notice any different but will let you know if it helps. i read the package and there is alcohol in it (not very good for sensitive skin) but i have a sensitive skin also and my skin is doing fine...

I think you're really sweet looking...remind me of a china doll or a young Una Stubbs in Worzel Gummidge.I have pale skin & dark circles under my eyes, which make me look permanatley tired...I don't tan either, just burn.I use blush to make me feel more perky and just enhance the translucent skin look with pretty pink gloss etc.I'll sometimes add a little peach blush, if I want to have a summery glow.You don't look ill at all!

I don´t think you look ill, you have very nice, flawless skin with no visible pores!!! but I think you could use some color...whether it be stronger blush/light bronzer/spray tan/self tanner.

which self tanners/gradual tanners have you used? and did you get an allergic reaction from all the ones you used?

I am pale in summer myself, with dark circles, even darker than yours (although mine are smaller if that makes sense) so I always use self tanner in winter. I do tan kinda easily in summer though, but I always protect my face so it never tans as much as my body does...this is were my beloved self tanner comes in handy again

Baby doll, you look great! Don't ever feel like you look sickly! I think your skin tone is gorgeous! I'm not much help on self-tanners, but when I used one, I used Neutrogena. There's so many new ones the market though, and I haven't tried them. Best of luck finding a good one though, and you really do look great!

Originally Posted by Andi I don´t think you look ill, you have very nice, flawless skin with no visible pores!!! but I think you could use some color...whether it be stronger blush/light bronzer/spray tan/self tanner.
which self tanners/gradual tanners have you used? and did you get an allergic reaction from all the ones you used?

I am pale in summer myself, with dark circles, even darker than yours (although mine are smaller if that makes sense) so I always use self tanner in winter. I do tan kinda easily in summer though, but I always protect my face so it never tans as much as my body does...this is were my beloved self tanner comes in handy again

I've never used a self-tanner but I'm going to invest in some bronzing mineral powder. I don't know what it will look like but I'll give it a try. I never use blush because I flush up quite easily and I dont want to risk looking too *red*. I always wear sunscreen because it calms the sensitive skin.

i think you have a beautiful skin and ok, you are a bit pale (but you don't look sick)...but that's something you can easily fix with a bronzer or a day at the beach!

but you know, i have a friend who can't tan no matter what she does. so you aren't alone.

wasn't there a thread that pale is the new tan?

Back