Asian Eyes Advice Needed--My Version Sucks--Pics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey,

Please help. I'm not great at doing Asian Women, which is why I'm constantly practicing on them any chance I get.

Here is my latest attempt. It came out horrible.

Foundation:

Although it's poor photography, it matched perfectly. I got it right on the first try. Product: Face Atelier--Number 5 (Billy B classes turned me on to it)

Concealor:

This is where I struggle the most. I couldn't cover her dark circles plus some black eyeshadow fell under her eye and was impossible to clean up. I tried everything. I used Full Coverage N20, Sheer Coverage in Peach, Concealor Pencils in NC 25, and finally the Studio Fix in NC 20. The end result was I got a big ass cakey mess.

Eyelining:

Any advice how to get a perfectly light clean line. How do you clean it up if you mess up. I used the 266 brush, Black Engrave Pencil, and Carbon shadow to set it. Just looks messy

Eyeshadow:

Major help needed. I used Brule & Juxt on lid, Omega & Cork in Crease. And put some Naked Pigment on top. I know you can't see it. She has a natural Crease but it's rather high and far away from lid. Do I ignore it or what?

Lips:

I love the lips.

Eyelashes:

Were impossible to curl. I just couldn't reach them. Will applying individual lashes onthe outside look natural?

Cheeks:

Extremely prominent cheek bones, didn't know what to do with them. Highlight, or soften? Any advice. I used Tenderling highlight and Harmony for pop.

Please help. She has been so generous to give me another try. I want to make her look as pretty as she is. Thanks again. If you can refer to pics that'd be most nice.

is she a model ? i'm sure some of the other girls can help .. i just want to say ... WoW!!! u did an amazing job on the b4 and after. what a HUGE difference. I'm asain and i can't get my eyes to look like it has a lid but in the after pic .. it looks like she has a lid ...

The eyes seem smaller that the before pic, so try not lining the lower lashes giving the eye and opening or bigger effect. Otherwise what are you talking about, the after pics look great...

She looks great!, try using a light reflecting concealer for the dark circles! x

You did an awesome job concealing under eyes,also all other make up is really really nice! I would probably use brown liner,for softer look-at least on the lower lashline(I am not a big fan of strong black lines,can you tell,lol?)

Concealor:

This is where I struggle the most. I couldn't cover her dark circles plus some black eyeshadow fell under her eye and was impossible to clean up. I tried everything. I used Full Coverage N20, Sheer Coverage in Peach, Concealor Pencils in NC 25, and finally the Studio Fix in NC 20. The end result was I got a big ass cakey mess.

on this pic it looks great,I am not sure how it looks on a close-up pic

Eyelining:

Any advice how to get a perfectly light clean line. How do you clean it up if you mess up. I used the 266 brush, Black Engrave Pencil, and Carbon shadow to set it. Just looks messy

I am not sure if you mean jsut a thinner line? if you do,I would suggest a really thin brush from Art store,they do miracles!

Eyeshadow:

Major help needed. I used Brule & Juxt on lid, Omega & Cork in Crease. And put some Naked Pigment on top. I know you can't see it. She has a natural Crease but it's rather high and far away from lid. Do I ignore it or what?

The only thing I would change is her inner crease-I wouldn't put darker e/s there,seems a bit unnatural to me(but I have weird eyes sometimes)

Lips:

I love the lips.

I agree,awesome!

Eyelashes:

Were impossible to curl. I just couldn't reach them. Will applying individual lashes onthe outside look natural?

Can't comment on that,I never used falsies in my life,sorry.

Cheeks:

Extremely prominent cheek bones, didn't know what to do with them. Highlight, or soften? Any advice. I used Tenderling highlight and Harmony for pop.

I am really not sure if it would work,but I would try to put bluish a bit more on the side,to soften her inner cheek lines.

HTH,I am really no expert or anything,just what I see.

Originally Posted by MakeupJ Hey,
Please help. I'm not great at doing Asian Women, which is why I'm constantly practicing on them any chance I get.

Here is my latest attempt. It came out horrible.

Foundation:

Although it's poor photography, it matched perfectly. I got it right on the first try. Product: Face Atelier--Number 5 (Billy B classes turned me on to it)

Concealor:

Eyelining:

Eyeshadow:

Lips:

I love the lips.

Eyelashes:

Cheeks:

Please help. She has been so generous to give me another try. I want to make her look as pretty as she is. Thanks again. If you can refer to pics that'd be most nice.

Well you're doing a great job!

Here are a few good examples of asian eye makeup::

asianeyes2.jpg

asianeyes1.jpg

asianeyes3.jpg

Also a *great* site to go to for asian makeup tips and cosmetics to buy is the thi cosmetics website. Best of luck girls!!

you did an awsome job girl. the only thing that I would have done : put some more blush.

i think it looks great! i do think all the eyeliner makes the eyes look a lot smaller, though.

here's what i learned about hooded eyes...

never use a dark eyeshadow over the entire lid because it makes it appear heavier and will close in your eyes. don't be tempted to highlight the browbone too much because doing so can accentuate the hooded appearance of the eyelid.

here's an illustration from one of my favorite makeup books...

Hooded.jpg

the part that the flash wipes out says: start at the base of the lash line and bring the color up and over the hooded area.

Thank you all so much for your glowing words and advice. I'll going to do her again on Wednesday, and I'll post the pictures.

Thanks for the websites and pictures. they were really helpful.

What book is that page from Jennifer.

she looks good in the after picture
laughing.gif

As for not being able to curl her lashes, maybe you can try an electronic eyelash curler. I'm Asain too and normal eyelash curlers (even the Shu emura one) doesn't work well on me, but the electronic one is pretty good. Can her lashes hold a curl after its curled? If her lashes does, then your problem about her lashes are solved. If it doesn't, maybe you can try a waterproof mascara(which holds curls better than the normal ones). If neither works, then I think you need to use falsh lashes on her.

Back