Diets off track today!How to stop??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi gals,

Ok, so I've been healthy and excercising the past three weeks and seeing great results. But i got my rags last night and today i just went crazy with food. I can resisd it and go actively hunting for it any chance I have! It happens every month! any tips on how to curb that insane monthly craving? Does anybody else have the same problem as i do?

Djbelle
sheep.gif

I definitely have cravings during that time. They're not insanely ridiculous ones where I must eat a bag of chips or a pint of chocolate ice cream. I honestly believe if you are craving something that you should go ahead and have it but keep it in moderation.

this happens to me allll the time .... i hate myself for it

i have cravings no matter what i do. the best thing is to not have them around! it resists the temptations!

I do too - but I satisfy it. Usually just a small amount will do. Always drink water and give yourself 15-20 minutes - if the craving does not pass just get it! Better to have some before you go on a crazy eating binge. I have done that too!

I wish I only got cravings once a month.. haha... I love food, if i could I would eat eat eat! Im trying to loose about 15lbs. because I gained quite a bit after I had my son, who is now 7wks. old so im working on getting the baby fat off!! Does anyone have any suggestions for people like me who just cant avoid the food?! Ive been working out everyday but I dont know what good that will do if im still eating some junk food.. hehe

Ya these past two weeks have been ridiculous craving weeks for me..i haveee to have somethin sweet like almost everday and ive been constantly hungry even right after i eat..i guess its cause ive been on a diet for a while and ive done pretty good...but im ruining it =) !!!! i kno they say if u want something do it in moderation but my prob lately is ive had nooo self control at all at all

Quote:
ive been constantly hungry even right after i eat..i guess its cause ive been on a diet for a while and ive done pretty good...but im ruining it =) !!!! That's me too, i do believe in treats and not denying myself...only i kinda go overboard when it treat, like a slice of cake becomes three. Ugh! Gotta go to the gym. Just finished Spin class tonight so i felt like i worked a bit off what i've overdone this week.

I too get those monthly cravings. Sometimes I just eat what I crave but only in small portions.

I think it takes time to get your body ok with not eating junk. I used to eat cheese and bread ALL the time - way over the daily allowance too. I never really believed I could stop. I eventually decided to just try it and gradually increased my healthy food intake until my body got used to. I started with fruits for breakfast... moved over to having avocado sandwiches for lunch... and more fish and chicken for dinner. I think about a month and a half has passed and now I barely eat cheese (maybe on my sandwich) and breads have been seriously reduced to just my one sandwich at lunch. I actually crave fruit (I HATED fruit for years). I still have to have my chocolate fix once a day. I don't know if that will ever subside but I just have it. Maybe I'll try reducing that to once every other day... but in anycase, just give it time. And wait the craving out as long as you possibly can before caving in.

When I get them I usually give in to them and end up eating way to much of it. But, I have found to resist my cravings I will drink a full glass of water and wait 15-20 mins, and during that time to occupy my self I will jump rope, hula-hoop, do sit ups or something active to keep me distracted from eating. If the craving doesn't pass by then atleast I've burn off some of the calories I'm about to eat.

Back