Just tried EDM and I think I like it...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got my samples in the mail today and I like them so far... I got 2 sets of samples in Semi Matte and Original Glow formulas, Spring Concealer, Finishing Dust, and 2 blushes...

I think Medium Beige is a good match for my skin's shade, and that is what I put on in my FOTD for today, so check it out and see what you guys think.

Also if you all have ANY tips I would be very welcome! I have a kabuki and I tapped a little foundation at a time into a glass petri dish and swirled the brush in it, and tried to tap off a little and buffed it on my face.

I THINK I am doing it ok, but I am not 100% sure. Also, I am not sure about the Spring concealer, just bc it seems a little light. I put it under my eyes. How do you guys cover blemishes if you get them?

hey leila! how was your birthday?

anyway, welcome to the edm club! i got the multi-tasking concealer and it seems ok. as for the application, i think you are doing it right. it sounds like the tip they have on the edm site.

I used mineral foundation this week also for the first time
smile.gif
I love it, it stays much longer (also in this heat and humidity), and doesn't make my skin get so oily!

I don't have access to EDM, I use a german brand!

I tried my EDM today too, but I have to say I wasn't that impressed. I got the matte but the coverage wasn't so great. I don't think I'm even going to bother with the "intensive" version.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Midgard I used mineral foundation this week also for the first time
smile.gif
I love it, it stays much longer (also in this heat and humidity), and doesn't make my skin get so oily! I don't have access to EDM, I use a german brand!

pm'd you about shipping!

Originally Posted by MACGoddess I got my samples in the mail today and I like them so far... I got 2 sets of samples in Semi Matte and Original Glow formulas, Spring Concealer, Finishing Dust, and 2 blushes...
I think Medium Beige is a good match for my skin's shade, and that is what I put on in my FOTD for today, so check it out and see what you guys think.

Also if you all have ANY tips I would be very welcome! I have a kabuki and I tapped a little foundation at a time into a glass petri dish and swirled the brush in it, and tried to tap off a little and buffed it on my face.

I THINK I am doing it ok, but I am not 100% sure. Also, I am not sure about the Spring concealer, just bc it seems a little light. I put it under my eyes. How do you guys cover blemishes if you get them?

Leila, it looks like you are doing all the right things. I will work on doing a mineral make up video tutorial soon as well.With regards to covering blemishes, I just use the foundation with a concelar brush after applying the foundation to my face. So I just put a bit more foundation with the concealer brush on top of the blemish and it disappears.
smile.gif

Question: Are you able to go to work using non-MAC foundations or are yuo bound to always have to use MAC products for work? Just curious.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Midgard I used mineral foundation this week also for the first time
smile.gif
I love it, it stays much longer (also in this heat and humidity), and doesn't make my skin get so oily! I don't have access to EDM, I use a german brand!

EDM ships to germany.
smile.gif

There's a live journal MMU link that I found on here that really helped me get the knack of using my Bare Minerals. I have yet to try EDM and I'm torn between trying it or trying a drug store MMU. Let me know if you want me to find the live journal tutorial.

Originally Posted by oobladi There's a live journal MMU link that I found on here that really helped me get the knack of using my Bare Minerals. I have yet to try EDM and I'm torn between trying it or trying a drug store MMU. Let me know if you want me to find the live journal tutorial. You wanna hear something funny?? I went to a Bare Escentuals boutique last weekend and guess who was one of the MAs in the store?? That girl from the LiveJournal!!! LOL. I wanted to talk to her about that but I was too shy. LOL

Originally Posted by Thais You wanna hear something funny?? I went to a Bare Escentuals boutique last weekend and guess who was one of the MAs in the store?? That girl from the LiveJournal!!! LOL. I wanted to talk to her about that but I was too shy. LOL That is so cool! Get over your shyness girlie!
My Mom bought some L'oreal mmu and I sent her that link. She was like WTF, how do I put this on there's no directions. LOL

Originally Posted by oobladi There's a live journal MMU link that I found on here that really helped me get the knack of using my Bare Minerals. I have yet to try EDM and I'm torn between trying it or trying a drug store MMU. Let me know if you want me to find the live journal tutorial. i want to see the lj tut! please and thanks!

Originally Posted by Thais EDM ships to germany.
smile.gif
I know, but I have to wait, until my cc arrives!
frown.gif

Glad you like it, it looks awesome in your fotd, so does your eye mu
rockwoot.gif

Can't wait till my samples get here, I ordered them yesterday! However, I don't have a kabuki, is this a problem?
gruebel.gif

Leila, you look fab as always sweetie! It looks great on you! I still haven't ordered my samples yet!

Originally Posted by Eva121 Glad you like it, it looks awesome in your fotd, so does your eye mu
rockwoot.gif
Can't wait till my samples get here, I ordered them yesterday! However, I don't have a kabuki, is this a problem?
gruebel.gif

Well, what powder brushes do you have?

Originally Posted by Eva121 Glad you like it, it looks awesome in your fotd, so does your eye mu
rockwoot.gif
gruebel.gif

Hey eva121, i have used a kabuki brush and when it was time for a new one i went to target and picked up a cheap brush for $3. it is a bronzer brush by studiotools. works just as good if not better than the more pricey brushes. i get better coverage with this one.

Originally Posted by oobladi There's a live journal MMU link that I found on here that really helped me get the knack of using my Bare Minerals. I have yet to try EDM and I'm torn between trying it or trying a drug store MMU. Let me know if you want me to find the live journal tutorial. Oooh! I'd love the name of the LJ or a link! PLEASE?
add_twinkle.gif

Originally Posted by BusyMe Oooh! I'd love the name of the LJ or a link! PLEASE?
add_twinkle.gif
Sure thing. See above, post #11.

Originally Posted by MACGoddess I got my samples in the mail today and I like them so far... I got 2 sets of samples in Semi Matte and Original Glow formulas, Spring Concealer, Finishing Dust, and 2 blushes...

I started getting the samples shipped to me the minute the ladies here started to report on how much they like it.....I like the original glow.....but today i used the new intensive formula with the natural blush.......so glad I had help discovering this product.......i have another new fave!! I am going to check out your FOTD now...

Originally Posted by kerri I started getting the samples shipped to me the minute the ladies here started to report on how much they like it.....I like the original glow.....but today i used the new intensive formula with the natural blush.......so glad I had help discovering this product.......i have another new fave!! I am going to check out your FOTD now... How do you like the intensive formula??

Latest posts

Back