Eureca #2!!! Another mineral discovery!!! :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Excited!!!! Today I posted a thread about using Fix+ with mineral foundation ( https://forum.makeuptalk.com/sho...Fix%2B%3F.html ), and periwinkle_sky told me she spritz Fix+ on her kabuki prior to applying her foundation. SOOOOOOO, today, after I came back from the gym, I made an experiment... I used my Avene Thermal Water (that I never use by the way) and spritz my Kabuki 3 times... Then swirled the brush on the foundation and applied it... And all I can say is... OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

The result was absolutely fantastic!!!!! It became a liquid foundation, with great coverage, and my pores almost disappeared!!!!!! I was shocked!

I have to say that I had not applied a primer, nothing, I just came back from the gym and tried the foundation, so I guess it will look even better when I use my primer and everything!!!

YAY I am super excited and will try this again tomorrow!

Here's a pic of my Avene Thermal Water: Attachment 23039

And here's a pic of me after applying the foundation only (no primer, nothing, just foundation... And excuse my funny eyebrows, I had just come home from the gym LOL): Attachment 23040Attachment 23041

And finally, here are the pics of the foundation, with a bit of mineral veil (dry) on top and a touch of EDM's Girls Day blush on my cheeks:

Attachment 23042Attachment 23043Attachment 23044

I used EDM medium beige summer matte for this. I dont know if it has the same staying power, but I will use it tomorrow to go to work and let you girls know.

You HAVE to try this!!! LOL. And looks like I will be getting myself some Fix+ soon since just water made it look so nice. LOL

EDIT: Just FYI: I spritz the water 3 times on the brush, then got some powder (which became liquid), applied on half of my face, spritz the brush 3 times again, got more foundation and did the other half of my face).

Thanks for posting.. will have to try this.
rockwoot.gif

Very pretty! I have only Fix+'d my face after foundation, waited a minute, then buffed it with a MAC 182 which is a LOVELY finish!

Originally Posted by mehrunissa Sweet! I'm going to try this later with plain water. Thanks for the tip! Let us know how you like it.
smile.gif

The funny thing is, I came back from the gym and put this foundation on, then posted the pics here, picked my fiancee up at soccer, came back home. I was about to jump in the shower when I was paged and had to go back to the hospital to emergently dialyze a patient. So it worked out great that I had this make up "experiement", cause I would hate to go to the hospital with a bare face hahahahaa. And now it is almost 12:30 and I just came home and the foundation is still on my face, so looks like this technique doesnt affect the staying power. Cool!

LOL at using the word "Eureka!" - you're like a maaaaad sciiientiiiist!
smile.gif

Anyway, I'm SO gonna try this tomorrow with my Fix+! Sounds like a brilliant idea!

Originally Posted by PinkRibbons LOL at using the word "Eureka!" - you're like a maaaaad sciiientiiiist!
smile.gif

Anyway, I'm SO gonna try this tomorrow with my Fix+! Sounds like a brilliant idea!

YAY Post pics please!
biggrin.gif

YAY!! So glad it worked for you! You look absolutely stunning! I'm glad you found it great. Yup, I forgot to tell you that it's actually like liquid foundation, but you have the added assurance that it's mineral makeup after all, and thus won't clog pores.
wink.gif

Congratulations! And by the way, I already ordered samples from EDM! Can't wait to get them.
smile.gif

LoL , u are too cute w/all your new discover Thais, I can't begin to tell u how happi i am since u joined MuT ... i keep learning more and more things from u ..... thx u for letting us know
wink.gif
we love u Thais
biggrin.gif

I tried it with my kabuki, but i applied too much. So I tried something different: I sprayed the mineral foundation wet with thermal water and applied it with my foundation brush! Also an awesome result and the coverage was lots better!

Originally Posted by LVA LoL , u are too cute w/all your new discover Thais, I can't begin to tell u how happi i am since u joined MuT ... i keep learning more and more things from u ..... thx u for letting us know
wink.gif
we love u Thais
biggrin.gif
LOL Thanks. Make sure you try this though.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Midgard I tried it with my kabuki, but i applied too much. So I tried something different: I sprayed the mineral foundation wet with thermal water and applied it with my foundation brush! Also an awesome result and the coverage was lots better! I'm glad you liked it!

Originally Posted by Brownshugaz what is this thermal water? Well I bought it in canada, it is just a water spray that is supposed to be good for your skin, but I never use it because I always have MU on. LOL

Thais, you should post this on the EDM blog! If you haven't been there lately, there's a spot now to put your experiments and custom creations!! Also, your testimonial is now on the site!! I read it yesterday, so cute!! I am so going to try this!! I've been spraying my Mario Badescu herb, aloe and rosewater spray afterward to set, but I never thought of mixing them!! I have heard of people mixing moisturizer with the minerals to make a liquid foundation, so that might work too!! Thais, you're brilliant!!

Back