Platform shoes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i know that they say if you wore a trend the last time it was in you should probably skip it the second time around. this is very difficult for my because i loved platform shoes in the 70s and i still love them. these are a few on my wish list. how many of you are seeing this trend for the first time?

BCBGirls-shoes-Tolm-(Black-Satin)-010307.jpg

umm yeah im seeing them for the first time, i tend not to go along with fashion and just buy what i like. and i love this style, it reminds me of the 50s chunky heels. they are alot more comfortable than the stilleto heels!
smile.gif

I'm loving thoose shoes, especially the wedges, I love wedges, and my mom had some when she was younger, but alas, she threw them away
frown.gif
around the 80's, otherwise I could have inherited them.

God those platforms are hot. I wish I could regularly wear them without becoming the "jolly green giant". I am already 5'10" without shoes.

Originally Posted by pieced I'm loving thoose shoes, especially the wedges, I love wedges, and my mom had some when she was younger, but alas, she threw them away
frown.gif
around the 80's, otherwise I could have inherited them. i feel your pain! i got rid of mine around the mid 80's and now i'm sad. i'm buying shoes i should still have in my closet! bummer!

Originally Posted by NoxiousByProxy God those platforms are hot. I wish I could regularly wear them without becoming the "jolly green giant". I am already 5'10" without shoes. i'm 5'8" without shoes and i still love them and wear them often. it helps that my hubby is 6'4" though. lmao

Definitely not my first time seeing them! My mom used to tell me that if she had kept all of her clothes from HS, I'd be sporting 100% authentic clothes for the current trends *lol*

I love platforms and wedges! I love the shoes on the 1st and the 3rd pic.

!!!! I love platforms!

I didn't find them until Junior High and the spice girls when they brought all that psychodellic slutty pop fasion in, but I think they're awesome. I wore them at 12 and I'd wear them now too!

I love platforms, wedges, high heels, anything that makes me taller! I am only 5'2". And yes, I remember and wore them the first time around, because I am 48. LOL, I don't care, I still wear them now!! I do steer clear of goth platforms and Doc Martin type things, although my husband owns Docs. He is 8 years younger than me, though, and bought them to wear when he rides his motorcycle.

If you aren't too sure about platforms and wedges, try wearing them with pants, that makes them less conspicuous, I think.

I like the middle pair the best I think, all three I'd buy.

Yeah, platform shoes come and go as a fad, I really only track fads by noting what kind of shoes are displayed in the mall, and I've seen alot of wedges lately.

I'm a little taller than average, but I like to wear platforms, just feels good to be taller, LOL.

Originally Posted by NoxiousByProxy God those platforms are hot. I wish I could regularly wear them without becoming the "jolly green giant". I am already 5'10" without shoes.
I feel the same way! Gosh I'm 5'11" without them too!

I like the 3rd one!

those are so cute, monnie, and i could totally see you pulling them off. you'd look hot
wink.gif

much better than these guys...

spice_girls_013.jpg

I like them all.I'm 41 and remember wearing them in the 70's and some in the early 80's.And i still wear them lol.

Originally Posted by Guenevere Mmmmm...Platforms and wedges and pumps oh my!!!!

Oh, the lemmings. I have to go shoe shopping asap!

Back