Brown Mascara?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok so I recently bought some brown mascara, I thought it would look more natural than black mascara with my blonde hair and light skin, and it would contrast the blue I have in my eyes. But when I put it on, it didn't look any different....because I have pretty dark eyelashes I guess. Is there anything I can do to make my eyelashes look more brown with the mascara? any advice would be appriciated, thanx!!

hmm i don't know. i normally use a brown-black mascara anyway, but there's a noticable difference from when i use an all black mascara

I used to buy brown mascara cos I read somewhere that a brown mascara makes your eyes pop, lol.

I use black mascara now
smile.gif
sheep.gif

Hmmm I suppose you could try a lighter brown mascara...or use a white mascara base coat first?

thanx for the advice! yeah the brown is pretty light, i mean it's a solid brown...do you know where I could get a white basecoat? that sounds like it could help a lot

I only use brown or black/brown mascaras,it is not much different from black one,but it does look softer,it makes eyes pop just like the black one,but without that rough black color.

Believe it or not, it might be making more of an impact than you think. I can tell the difference on my lashes between brown, black, and a brown-black mascara.

You know, I jus curl my lashes and I'm ready to go. I once put black zoom lazh MAC mascara on.. and it was so clumpy.. it made my natural lash's look like crap.

Originally Posted by cuteblondie_57 thanx for the advice! yeah the brown is pretty light, i mean it's a solid brown...do you know where I could get a white basecoat? that sounds like it could help a lot You would really like "CILS BOOSTER or CILS BOOSTER XL" from Lancome. It's coats the lashes completely and that would bring the color out of your mascara better. Good luck! 

..:SE:..

Originally Posted by SmokyEyez You would really like "CILS BOOSTER or CILS BOOSTER XL" from Lancome. It's coats the lashes completely and that would bring the color out of your mascara better. Good luck! 

..:SE:..

Thanks for the tip!

I just bought brown mascara last night. I have blonde hair, light blue eyes. I also thought it might be more natural looking. Yeah...can't really tell a difference between that and black. I also have dark eyelashes - except for the very tips, which are sorta blondish brown. They're also long - which makes it look shadowy under my eyes - especially when I mascara my bottom lashes. Does this happen to anyone else?

Originally Posted by Aquilah Believe it or not, it might be making more of an impact than you think. I can tell the difference on my lashes between brown, black, and a brown-black mascara. very true, i'll admit, sometimes i have a hard time distinguishing tiny differences between colors, like if I see an ant, a lot of times I'll ask someone else if it's red or black cause i can't always tell unless it's a solid color....kind of random....maybe I should ask someone else if they can tell the difference between the mascaras? idk I was just kinda hoping it would make a really big difference because i could REALLY tell it was brown on the wand
also, thanx for all the suggestions!! I only have one problem...no money right now
bawling.gif
so I'll have to wait to get a primer...

I use a burgundy color on my lashes. I have brown eyes and the color helps my eyes pop out really well. It might sound odd because you have blue eyes but I think you should try it! You never know
smile.gif

you maybe a natural brown colour or a light one if you wont sum colour. otherwise go for a clear mascara
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by back2u You know, I jus curl my lashes and I'm ready to go. I once put black zoom lazh MAC mascara on.. and it was so clumpy.. it made my natural lash's look like crap. Zoom Mascara is a VERY dramatic mascara, if you are not expecting it to be dramatic, then it will clump bc it is different than most mascaras. I advise people with Zoom lash to wipe the wand a little at first until you get used to the formula and texture.
I would actually have recommended Mascara X for you, I think you'd like that MUCH better, it is a more natural look, especially if you usually just curl your lashes and leave them bare! Too, since it is less drama, it is a million times less likely to clump.

The difference between Brown mascara, Brown-Black, and Black (and even colored mascara) is usually very subtle. If someone is very fair with light lashes, they will NOT get Black or even Brown-Black mascara from me, it looks too fake and intense, Brown mascara looks less harsh and more fitting with their face and coloring.

I'm not sure how you guys feel about this but if my mascara is somewhat clumpy, I just put a couple of drops of water and I also clean the brush every now and then.

Back