Skinny jeans

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What do you guys think about skinny jeans coming back in style??

I wore them in highschool!!! there wasn't spandex back then and I nearly broke my ankle everyday trying to get them off and on!!

I hope this trend does not last long...........I think they'll make my butt look to big!! As Stacy and Clinton say ......you look like and icecream cone

What are your thoughts???

Oh no! Please no! Seriously?! These are coming into style? I prefer my bootcut jeans *lol* That's the only thing I can even wear!

i was with a friend who was trying a whole bunch of skinny jeans and we both agreed that none of them looked good on. I'm just not sure if I like the look at all, you really need a certain body type for them. When it comes to being "in fashion" I always say that just because it's "in" doesn't mean its "in" for me because I'd rather buy something because it fits well on me and flatters my body as opposed to buying something that's trendy. I've already seen too many people wearing skinny jeans who'd be better off in another style. there's my 2 cents!

I think they look really cute on skinny girls, but if you have big legs, thighs or butt, it just doesn't work. But I like the style and I'd wear it if I was like a size 2 lol

oh god, i can never do those. i saw this girl, no joke, at a punk rock show and seriously i thought she was wearing tights until i went to the bathroom and saw her in there putting more makeup on (she had way too much anyways) and i realized oh my god they're acutally jeans she's wearing. i swear she could barely walk around comfortably let alone i doubt she could sit down.

i think they're cute, if you wear the right shoes.

my cousin bought a pair a few weeks ago and she tried them on with flats and wedges and oh, my god. it looked SO nasty without the shoes, but with them on, they looked HOT!

my hips/ass are too big for me to pull this off, though lol

Originally Posted by dentaldee What do you guys think about skinny jeans coming back in style??I wore them in highschool!!! there wasn't spandex back then and I nearly broke my ankle everyday trying to get them off and on!!

I hope this trend does not last long...........I think they'll make my butt look to big!! As Stacy and Clinton say ......you look like and icecream cone

What are your thoughts???

lol, I remember them talking about the ice cream cone effect on What Not To Wear, and I agree... I think a few very slender girls without large hips or a butt could probably get away with them, but not the majority of the population!
For record, I am actually pretty slender (around a size 4) with a boyish figure, but even I am too scared to wear them! I think bootcuts are a more flattering cut for almost everyone
smile.gif

I have a few pairs of skinny jeans, and I think they look hot. I am very tall, with extra long legs. I have a small bubble butt, but since it's very tight, I think it looks great. I think more women can wear them if they have the confidence, but if you have wide hips, you should probably skip these.

i absolutely hate these!! plz don't come back ... i can't bear to see skinny jeans on myself .. i'd die b4 i'd tried to squeeze my a$$ into 1

I tried a pair on last week, and it wasn't so bad. But that's because I look like a 12-year old boy, neck down. If you're fuller on the bottom, definitely skip them. I thought they exaggerated the size of my butt and it almost looked ridiculous.

I'm actually interested to see how they'd look on me, so I'll definitely try some.

Yeah, I've these jeans also called "cigarette" jeans. They're comfortable to me, but I have very thin legs, kind of spidery.

If you just don't like skinny jeans and don't feel comfortable while wearing them, there's literally 100s out styles out there.

well my butt is really not big in any way....but I still can see me wearing them...............then again I said that about flared jeans how many years ago???!!!

I'm a size 2 but not comfortable at all at the thought of wearing such tight jeans--even though they do look cute on many people

the trend for skinny jeans has been and gone this year over here. i bought some, but even though they were a british size 10 (dont know what the american equivalent is) they still made me look rather large!

skinny jeans, can anyone post a picture? are they the ones that's aren't flared? i think i know what you're talking about but not sure.i'm so used to wearing shorts or flared jeans. actually i hardly wear jeans anymore.

i remeber when they were first re-entering the style world they were calling them drainpipes not skinny jeans. personally i think they are cute on certian body types, but i could never pull them off.

here are a couple of pictures (i'm pretty sure its actually the same pair of pants on different people)

I think they're absolutely hideous. They don't look good on anyone except stick-thin model-type people. I mean, I'm tiny - but they definitely wouldn't look good on me. Out of all my friends, I can only think of one that they would look good on - she's about 5'9" and pencil thin.

Back