Contact Lenses

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How many of you wear contact lenses?

I wear them and have for 15 years(gosh showing my age) but lately I have been extremely lazy in putting them in.

I wear them myself, and I've been wearing them for about 13-14 years. My mom never wanted me to get them since they were SO much more than glasses years ago, but she finally caved and got me some when I was about 13 y.o. Now, I spend $200+/- on my glasses once a year (if the Rx changes), and only $38 every three months on my contacts! I don't like wearing my glasses that much since I don't like not having the peripheral vision you have with contacts, and the fact that I can never find glasses I'm truly happy with.

I notice too my vision is much better than with glasses.. My mom was the same way about getting me contacts. I finally got off my lazy butt and put mine in this morning.. .whew what a difference!!!!

I have been wearing contacts since 8th grade - so I guess 7 years now...I don't have a problem making sure they get in - it's taking then out at night I seem to forget
wink.gif

I have never really had a problem with them though, I tried colored once, but nothing shows up (and looks half decent) on my eye color!

I've been using contacts for 7 years now. I can't be with glasses too long it irritates me...

I wanted them, but the eye doctor told me there was a chance I'd scratch my eyes and screw 'em up or something like that. I'm suppose to wear glasses but my dog got to them >.<

I wear them. for a long time now and I now have different eye colors. I wear glasses too.
smile.gif

I wear contact lenses and have for almost 20 years. I scratched my eyes a few weeks ago and had to wear my glasses for a week. I definately see better with contacts too.

I have worn them off and on since I was in my early twenties, so for over 20 years now. I haven't been wearing them much for the last 9 mos because I had a blocked duct and the doctor said not to wear them, but I went in for an exam last week and I can again. I am changing from two soft lenses, to one soft (in my bad eye, doesn't make that much difference, lol) and one toric in my good eye. I had this combination before and it was great. Sooo much better correction than my glasses. I hope they can match things okay here. The toric I wore in the states is not available here in Oz, that is why I went to just soft lenses.

TMI probably.

Originally Posted by Aquilah I wear them myself, and I've been wearing them for about 13-14 years. My mom never wanted me to get them since they were SO much more than glasses years ago, but she finally caved and got me some when I was about 13 y.o. Now, I spend $200+/- on my glasses once a year (if the Rx changes), and only $38 every three months on my contacts! I don't like wearing my glasses that much since I don't like not having the peripheral vision you have with contacts, and the fact that I can never find glasses I'm truly happy with. You don't have to get new frames every time your prescription changes, so technically you need only spend $40-$50 every year on glasses. That's about $4 a month. I am a contact addict though, so I only buy new glasses every 3-5 years.

I've actually never worn glasses... at 14 i found out my vision wasn't that good and went straight for contacts... started with hard ones and now have soft ones..

mine are really quite expensive but you can safely leave these in for 30 days.. so i don't have to fool around with them every morning and evening which is a bonus..

i got my daddy hooked on contacts about 2 years ago too, he loves them soooo much more than glasses..

his first reaction was "wow, i can't believe i've worn glasses for sooo long!!"

I've been wearing contact lenses for 8 years now and I much prefer them to my glasses. I do get a bit lazy though and tend to only wear them when going out or seeing someone important ;-)

I wore my glasses for... Geez. Fourteen years, I think... Until a few months ago when I finally got contacts. It took me over a month to figure out how to get them out without making my eyeballs feel like they were bleeding! YIKES!

I started wearing contacts when i was 13!! I used to wear color contacts always wanted blue eyes, but now i wear the daily disposables and appreciated my natural eye color more
smile.gif

I've been wearing my contact lenses for about 7 years now - and I still love being able to do so. I had to wear glasses for so many years of my life in the beginning that I was absolutely ecstatic when I learned from the eyedoctor that there was another option. I also have a much easier time applying eye makeup without the glasses now, for some reason I couldn't get it quite right when I had to wear them.

I've been wearing 'em for 8 yrs. No problem at all. I'm lazi so I used daily disposable for convenience. I'm thinking about eye surgery to get back my 10/10 eyesight w/out contact lenses.

I have been wearing them for about 10 years or so. I really want Lasik surgery though so hopefully I will be able to get it in a few years since my eyes keep changing.

I started wearing contacts when I was about 16, wore them for about 4 years, but then my eyes got too dry to wear contacts. My doctor had me try every contact lens and solution he could think of for dry eyes, but nothing worked, so I have been stuck wearing glasses for the last several years. I miss my contacts but I guess I'll have to live with glasses
frown.gif

Back