What should I do with my Hair ? ? ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well this is my hair (i havent ghd'd it yet). I wanna spice it up. But dont know what to do. I wanna keep the length but have a bit of a cut and colour. In the front i have a fringe that im thinking of growing out. My hair is brown with a red shine (which i got through dying ageeeeeeees ago), I wold do highlight but i dont wanna maintain them all the time (enleess thats the onl way to give it that sumthing extra). So what are sum of your IDEAS?

p.s sorry i couldnt post the picture up right.

Dye the inside layer of your hair bright red and the outside black! Red always makes hair stand out! It's just that when you wanna get highlights or bleach your hair, you gotta strip it all out.

Yeah, I agree, adding some red in there would definitely make it pop. Even if you don't go for a noticable bright red, you can always add a semi-perm. color in a medium to dark auburn to give a nice boost.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ko0ty Dye the inside layer of your hair bright red and the outside black! Red always makes hair stand out! It's just that when you wanna get highlights or bleach your hair, you gotta strip it all out. Lol llast type i died my hair black i had to get it striped out.but perhapes a dark brown on the top and red at the bottom.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Yeah, I agree, adding some red in there would definitely make it pop. Even if you don't go for a noticable bright red, you can always add a semi-perm. color in a medium to dark auburn to give a nice boost.
smile.gif
yeah i usually do that. i use gariner a colour, which is like intense red or sumthing it was the darkest brown, red in the range. but it always goes light in my hair. so i may go to the hair dresser and get it done.

thanks for your sujestions

If you want to do a really intense red you could try one of the Feria Power Reds. They turn out fairly noticeable on dark hair. What about getting some new layers to give your hair a subtle change?

Originally Posted by Chomkat If you want to do a really intense red you could try one of the Feria Power Reds. They turn out fairly noticeable on dark hair. What about getting some new layers to give your hair a subtle change? Good sujeston. thanks. im thinking of layers

I really like the idea of RED, but if you dye it that color, it will only stay that fiery red for about 5 or 6 days. An entire week if you are lucky. When it rinses out, it will turn like a orange-ish color. Go to a colorist and have them give you some suggestions. Looking at their color swatches will give you some good ideas.

hmm im thinking bout maybe bleach blonde, red and maybe balck streaks under nether, with my brown hair on top. and layers, howeva thats sounds crazy, i might just to do red and blonde, hmmm

Any more ideas?

i would buy a couple of hairstyle magazines and see if there r any styles that appeal to me. if so, i would show them to the person who cuts my hair and see what he/she thinks

red is pretty but it fades really quick i like your dark shiney hair maybe try some long layers your hair is so long and pretty dont mess it up coloring it try layers or curl it

Originally Posted by Kimberleylotr hmm im thinking bout maybe bleach blonde, red and maybe balck streaks under nether, with my brown hair on top. and layers, howeva thats sounds crazy, i might just to do red and blonde, hmmm

Any more ideas?

no no no NO BLEACH

I think the colour suggestions are great. But I would keep a look out for women with hair you would love to have. Ask them where they go. If they look so great, you know you will as well, if you visit their salon/hairstylist.

Back