Applying false eyelashes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
False eyelashes give you an instantly glamorous look - and they're easier to apply than you'd imagine There are two types of false eyelashes: full lashes, which add density to the entire lash line, and individual lashes, which can be used to fill in sparse areas or dramatically open up the eye area. Full lashes are easier to apply and don't look as natural, but individual lashes require a steadier hand and a bit more practice. Whichever style you choose, follow these tips to make your lashes look as natural as possible:

• Before you apply the lashes, line your upper lash line with a mahogany eyeliner and smudge it slightly to create a smoky effect. This will help to conceal the lashband.
  • Apply the glue to your finger, lightly pull the lashband through it, and wait a moment. With individual lashes, dip the end of the lash in the glue.
  • Apply the false lashes as close to your natural lash line as possible; press the lash down for a few seconds on the outside of the eye. With individual lashes, apply them to the outside corners of the eye and work your way toward your nose. For the most natural look, all you need is a few individual lashes per eye.
  • After you've applied the false lashes, curl them along with your real lashes and apply mascara.
It's best to reserve this look for special occasions; long-term use can lead to eye irritation from the glue, and even infections.
link credit http://www.ivillage.co.uk/beauty/mak...551136,00.html

thanks for the post
smile.gif

I agree! i use them to achieve a glamorous look.

& once u get used to applying them theyre dont seem to be that tricky anymore.

I am terrible at false eyelashes too, I really must practise - how I passed that assessment at college I still don't know!!

Originally Posted by SalJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am terrible at false eyelashes too, I really must practise - how I passed that assessment at college I still don't know!! its a lot diffrent trying to apply them to your own eyes, and alot easier to apply to other poeples eyes!

Thanks!

Whenever I use falsies I just dip a tooth pick in the glue and lightly line my lid just on top my lashes with it.... it's much easier to put on and it's more precise (for me anyway).

It's probably not good for you though....

Thanks! Didn't think about the last part about using them too often.

Back