Your fave Heat protectant?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello

I'm looking for a really good heat protectant. I've tried the Redken one and i honestly hated it...it made my hair really really stiff. Any suggestions for a good one you've tried?

Thanks!

I use Loreal's Studio Line Hot Straight, it works fine, no stiffness at all and the smell is nice. It comes in a pink bottle..

Tresseme Heat Tamer and Mane & Tail Barrier! These are the only 2 HP Prods I use and love them both!

I don't use one since I've just realized I needed to use one (DUH!), but my hair is also in its natural state, which is curly, ATM. I hear CHI is really good.

maybe you're using too much product, beautynista. that happens to me (my hair gets stiff) when i do. less is the way to go
wink.gif

Originally Posted by estherika I use Loreal's Studio Line Hot Straight, it works fine, no stiffness at all and the smell is nice. It comes in a pink bottle.. Nice, I will try to find this.I am using one too I bought it from the salon, it is I think from Thilend, with strange alphabet
frown.gif
, but it is works great!
smile.gif
(it is in green bottle)

I use this stuff called Ion, it's from Sally Beauty. It's a white bottle with a pink lid.

Originally Posted by estherika I use Loreal's Studio Line Hot Straight, it works fine, no stiffness at all and the smell is nice. It comes in a pink bottle.. That is also what I use! It is a lightweight cream (not a thick gel or wax) so it doesn't make your hair crunchy at all. Plus, it works well as an anti-static / anti-frizz product, even though it's not advertized as one!
smile.gif
Without a heat protectant, my hair is so static-y I can't even make it stay in the flat iron, it all flys away! But with the Hot Straight, I have no problems with it!

Originally Posted by estherika /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use Loreal's Studio Line Hot Straight, it works fine, no stiffness at all and the smell is nice. It comes in a pink bottle.. Thanx for the rec I always wanted to try this!

Thanks so much for this post! I have been looking for a good product to use on my hair when I use my flat iron. But how much do U apply of the Loreal Hot Straight or Tresemme Heat Tammer spray? I mean do U completely saturate your hair with it or only use a little....an comb it through? Thanks

Thanks for the recs ladies! I just bought Hot Straight and am excited to try it with my new flat iron
smile.gif

Originally Posted by estherika /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use Loreal's Studio Line Hot Straight, it works fine, no stiffness at all and the smell is nice. It comes in a pink bottle.. Me too.

I use Tresemmé heat defence styling spray, makes your hair nice and shiny
smile.gif

Originally Posted by firesign /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks so much for this post! I have been looking for a good product to use on my hair when I use my flat iron. But how much do U apply of the Loreal Hot Straight or Tresemme Heat Tammer spray? I mean do U completely saturate your hair with it or only use a little....an comb it through? Thanks Well, I'm no expert, I'm sure other girls know better.. but personally I apply a small amount and comb it through my hair with my fingers, sometimes if I feel the need I add some more for the ends...I have a long hair and I fell that 2-3 pumps from the bottle are enough.

But I dont think that putting a lot is bad, basically this stuff suppose to protect the hair...just don't apply on the roots!

Back