The Clear Skin Regimen by Dan Kern

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got this book from the library, it's called "Clear Skin" by Dan Kern. In this book he basically outlines what he calls "The clear skin regimine" and I was wondering if anyone else has heard of this and has used it before.

Basically with the clear skin regimine you use a high amount of 2.5% solution benzoyl peroxide and a high amount of moisterizer to keep the benzoyl peroxide from drying your skin out.

I had amazing success with this regimen it really cleared me up well although it does take a tremendous amount of patience. Yes, by the way, it is the one from acne.org.

This does take some time to clear up your skin but it is definitely worth it! I initially started off with the Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar, the 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide Gel and the Eucerin Skin Renewal Day Lotion w/ SPF 15. However now I've adjusted to using the moisturizer only sometimes since it seems to make my oily skin even oilier. Also, I just began using Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub in the morning instead of the Purpose Bar (since I still have some blackheads on my chin that just won't go away).

I definitely recommend the system though and it is also outlined on acne.org

I just started on this regimen recently and I already see great results. I was suffering from acne for more than a year, and tried everything possible. Finally started on this regimen, and my pimples have gone down a lot! Just follow the instructions and you'll be fine. Good luck!

I tried this regimen, but it didn't really work for me. It just made it worse and my face looked like hell.
frown.gif
I really wanted it to work too. I used Clinique's 3 step system to get my face clear. But unfortunately, I stopped using the 3 step system cause I moved and lost it all, so now my face is breaking out again. I need to go buy some more.

Yeah, the regimen unfortunately didn't work for me either. It turned out i'm allergic to BP.

Stick with it, I have been on it a year and if you stick with it and do everything EXACTLY as it says, you will see results. I tried proactiv and every other over the counter medicine there was and the CSR is by far the best. Having made contact with Mr.Kern, I can tell he is a very good and honest guy. The CSR has been a God-send for me. I love it. I wish you the best of luck and if you have any problems I will do my best to help you with them.

yeah i lovee this regime..it seems like a lot to put a spot treatment all over your face 1-2 times a day but it's the only thing that has worked for me and it's not really drying for me..i have such oily skin. i also use the neutrogena oil free acne wash or scrub 2x a day before usign the spot treatment. and it helps to use a clay mask while doing this too to dry up any other blemishes

Originally Posted by janetsbreeze let us know how it works for you!is it similar to the program at http://www.acne.org/ ?

Yes, that is Dan Kern's website. I was going to post it with my original post but I didn't have 20 posts yet so I couldn't post the link.
It certainly does look promising and many of you seem to have had a good experience with it so I'm going to try it, although I do have a habit of picking at my face. I have had acne since I was about 11, and even though it's gotten a little better since I got older, I am tired of it.

Originally Posted by pinktequila it kinda sounds like the proactive skin care in the sense it uses bp, but otherwise it is completely different.

I love the CSR. It hasn't helped 100% obviously because a lot of my acne is hormonal, but it does keep my face at bay. I'm super addicted to acne.org haha.

Originally Posted by Hi Im Mandy I love the CSR. It hasn't helped 100% obviously because a lot of my acne is hormonal, but it does keep my face at bay. I'm super addicted to acne.org haha. tell me more of this place

Originally Posted by Hi Im Mandy I love the CSR. It hasn't helped 100% obviously because a lot of my acne is hormonal, but it does keep my face at bay. I'm super addicted to acne.org haha. Yeah. I can tell. hehe.
It does work for me. It's just that it takes a long time for redmarks to go away and I don't want that anymore.

Latest posts

Back