Giving Up on mineral makeup!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well Girls, I am giving up on my search for a mineral makeup!!! I just cant get them to work with my dry, dry skin! It doesnt matter how much I exfoliate or moisturize, I still have flaky skin in areas! And the mineral makeup only makes it look worse! Oh well, I will just go back to liquid foundation. This seemed to work alot better with my dry skin. I am kinda disappointed though, I really wanted it to work out!
frown.gif
frown.gif

ohh! I'm sorry to hear it. I hope you find something better for you. Make sure to tell us. I have dry skin too and would love to hear about a good foundation for it.

Originally Posted by BEgirliegirl Well Girls, I am giving up on my search for a mineral makeup!!! I just cant get them to work with my dry, dry skin! It doesnt matter how much I exfoliate or moisturize, I still have flaky skin in areas! And the mineral makeup only makes it look worse! Oh well, I will just go back to liquid foundation. This seemed to work alot better with my dry skin. I am kinda disappointed though, I really wanted it to work out!
frown.gif
frown.gif
Did you try a primer??

Try mixing some of the minerals with your moisturiser. When you get a nice creamy texture, apply it as a liquid foundation. This is the best way for those with dry skin. Hope this helps!

Don't give up just yet!! I also agree that you should find a mineral makeup that can be mixed w/moisturizer. Two to try are Larenim @ Whole Foods or Larenim.com or Everyday Minerals which many girls recommend on this site. You can even get a free yes free sample kit. Check it out b-4 u give up.

yeah, try those ideas , dont give up , this stuff is the best out there! i was almost ready to give up to because it took me forever to get the application just right but now i am so happy with the results , good luck
smile.gif

Sorry its not working for you.. but do not give up... have you used a primer prior to applying mineral makeup?

Originally Posted by BEgirliegirl Well Girls, I am giving up on my search for a mineral makeup!!! I just cant get them to work with my dry, dry skin! It doesnt matter how much I exfoliate or moisturize, I still have flaky skin in areas! And the mineral makeup only makes it look worse! Oh well, I will just go back to liquid foundation. This seemed to work alot better with my dry skin. I am kinda disappointed though, I really wanted it to work out!
frown.gif
frown.gif
Awwe im sorry it didnt work. But it didnt work out for me either. My skin is not dry (its very Oily) But mineral makeup overaall just looks really terrible on me
frown.gif
. I guess Mineral makeup just isnt meant for everyone.

Nope, I haven't tried a primer. I think that is the only thing I havent tried! What are some good, not expensive primers? How would I mix the makeup with my moisturizer

Sorry to hear that!! I am sure you will find your perfect foundation soon!

Originally Posted by BEgirliegirl Nope, I haven't tried a primer. I think that is the only thing I havent tried! What are some good, not expensive primers? How would I mix the makeup with my moisturizer I think MAC Prep+Prime is less than US$20. But my favorite primer is Sue Devitt Microquatic Fortifying Primer.

Originally Posted by BEgirliegirl Nope, I haven't tried a primer. I think that is the only thing I havent tried! What are some good, not expensive primers? How would I mix the makeup with my moisturizer Lise Watier has a great primer for about 27 bucks... Its very good at covering pores, and helps the makeup last all day. You can get it at shoppers, or The Bay.

Originally Posted by BEgirliegirl Nope, I haven't tried a primer. I think that is the only thing I havent tried! What are some good, not expensive primers? How would I mix the makeup with my moisturizer If your looking for inexpensive you can try Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel.. it works extremely well.. I alternate between that and Smashbox.

I'm sorry mineral makeup didn't work for you! It didn't seem to like me either
frown.gif

Aww sorry it didn't work for ya! Not everything is for everyone I guess! Maybe these tips from the ladies will help!

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm sorry mineral makeup didn't work for you! It didn't seem to like me either
frown.gif
Did u try your EDM samples Aquilah?

Originally Posted by BEgirliegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Nope, I haven't tried a primer. I think that is the only thing I havent tried! What are some good, not expensive primers? How would I mix the makeup with my moisturizer definitely try a primer! as shelby said, try monistat's anti-chafing gel! here's a thread on it...
monistat anti-chafing gel

let us know how it works!

Sorry it didn't work for you - I'm in the same boat, did nothing for me, but, make my pores look huge (which you normally don't see at all). I tried everything, but, nothing worked, so I switched over to non-mmu. I have been trying the new Prescriptives Anywear & loving it, so far!!!

Good luck....

Back