Guen's Lower Lashline Tutorial

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
-Lining the lower lashline but stopping before the outer edge-

Okay here's my first tutorial! I've always had problems with the makeup I put on my lower lashline seeping into the outer crease of my eye so I started doing my liner like this years ago. I really like the look and I feel like it opens up my eye exceptionally, especially when I go really heavy and do a smokey eye. Sometimes a smokey eye can look very small and closed off and this technique really helps for me so I thought I'd share. I never do the lower lashline first but I thought I should for the tut to help keep it simple and focused on the area I'm explaining.

pic 1, Line the lower lashline from the center outwards in both directions with a pencil. Do not line completely to either end, stop about 1/4 of an inch from the lower outside of the eye.

pic 2 & 3, Smudge black shadow into the liner and blend and thicken the liner.

pic 4 & 5, Smudge another shadow of a color (I've chosen green) into the lashline and blend. I like to use a color to soften the harsh line and bring the upper and lower parts of the eye together.

pic 6, My finished eye with the lid done and mascara on both upper and lower lashes.

If you feel that the line needs more blending you can go back with more color. The point of using a liner first and then black shadow is to really define the line where the lashes grow from and give a good seperation from the water line, it's the same reason makeup artists add white eyeliner, to open up the eye.

It's a pretty easy tutorial, nothing special, but I've never seen a makeup artist do the lower lashline like this without going all the way to the outer edge so I thought I'd share. Any feedback is more than appreciated!!!!!!!!!
heart.gif

It looks goregeous! I have got to try this! My eyeliner always ends up making my eyes look tiny and its so annoying! Thanks for posting this!

Originally Posted by springg863798 /img/forum/go_quote.gif It looks goregeous! I have got to try this! My eyeliner always ends up making my eyes look tiny and its so annoying! Thanks for posting this! If you try it make sure to take a picture! I'd love to see how it looks on someone else!
Originally Posted by Little_Lisa /img/forum/go_quote.gif You have beautiful eyes! Awesome tutorial! Thanks for sharing! Aw, thanks, Lisa!

I hate lining my lower lashline, it just looks odd I think. But I might have to try this and see if it makes a difference on me too! Thanks for the tut, girl.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Guenevere /img/forum/go_quote.gif -Lining the lower lashline but stopping before the outer edge-pic 1, Line the lower lashline from the center outwards in both directions with a pencil. Do not line completely to either end, stop about 1/4 of an inch from the lower outside of the eye.

Thanks for that tip. I'll definitely try that. It should stop my eyeliner going on a wayward journey!

Back