Which eye cream should I get...if anyone is good at chemistry please read on...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am 21 years old and am looking for a good all-around eye cream (for puffiness, fine lines, moisturizing, and possibly diminishing my "racoon" eyes). I've been trying to decide whether to try Avon's Hydrofirming Bio6 Eye Cream or Mark's Eye Be Good Preventative Eye Cream. Basically the Mark eye cream has all the ingredients of the Avon eye cream except that it also includes phenoxyethanol (which I think is just a fragrance/preservative) and sodium carbomer (which I think is a thickener). The Avon Hydrofirming Bio6 eye cream also includes the following ingredients:

benzyl alcohol,

eucalyptus globulus leaf extract,

lupinus albus seed extract,

thymus vulgaris (thyme) extract,

plant pseudocollagen,

sodium ascorbate,

sodium PCA,

geum rivale extract,

carbomer,

sodium hydroxide,

PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate,

PPG-2-ceteareth-9,

pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract,

glycine soja (soybean) lipids,

hydrogenated lecithin,

arginine,

glycine,

proline,

and xantham gum.

So what do you think which is better?

As an AVON rep, and since I've used it, I totally recommend Avon ANEW Ultimate Transforming Eye Lift Cream. It's helped diminish my bags, as well as "plumped" the shallow part of my eye near the bone. It's a great product overall! You can always ask a rep for samples if she has them or can get them for you.

I'm nervous about the benzyl alcohol, but it must be a preservative ingrediant? The one thing I do like about Avon, is it doesn't break the bank....so atleast if you try it, you aren't dumping a ton of money, if it doesn't work for you. I'm still an Avon buyer of some items myself.

Hey Aquilah, I didn't know you were a rep....PM me or e-mail, me, I'd love to order from you (if you sell it too).

Arbonne has a great one too, you may want to look into. Intelligence Eye Cream, we have great results any many love it! I use the anti-aging RE9 eye cream myself, but with your age, the Intelligence would suit you just fine. Helps with bags, puffiness, fine lines and so on. If you get a chance, I urge you to look into them as well, and/or ask for samples.

thank you girls so much!!!
hand.gif

Originally Posted by lepotica I am 21 years old and am looking for a good all-around eye cream (for puffiness, fine lines, moisturizing, and possibly diminishing my "racoon" eyes). I've been trying to decide whether to try Avon's Hydrofirming Bio6 Eye Cream or Mark's Eye Be Good Preventative Eye Cream. Basically the Mark eye cream has all the ingredients of the Avon eye cream except that it also includes phenoxyethanol (which I think is just a fragrance/preservative) and sodium carbomer (which I think is a thickener). The Avon Hydrofirming Bio6 eye cream also includes the following ingredients: benzyl alcohol,

eucalyptus globulus leaf extract,

lupinus albus seed extract,

thymus vulgaris (thyme) extract,

plant pseudocollagen,

sodium ascorbate,

sodium PCA,

geum rivale extract,

carbomer,

sodium hydroxide,

PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate,

PPG-2-ceteareth-9,

pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract,

glycine soja (soybean) lipids,

hydrogenated lecithin,

arginine,

glycine,

proline,

and xantham gum.

So what do you think which is better?

Here is a link to information about Phenoxyethanol
smile.gif

I'm no good at ingredients and though I have yet to try any of the ANEW product line, I've heard many great things about it. I'd definitely give it a shot!

Back