Acne scars...please help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have a lot of scars from picking my acne!! grr i cant help it but been stopping now..seriously it has really effected my self esteem..sad to the point i wont even look in the mirror..no joke..no lie..i look in the mirror maybe once a week .thats a maybe..do anyone have any help on how to get ride of acne scars or atleast fade it a bit?? i really would appreciate it..thanks!

Sorry hun, I really feel for you. I have been at that stage before too, where I didn't want to go out, do anything or even talk to anything b/c I felt that all they were seeing was my gross face but were doing me a favor by not saying anything about it
scared.gif
. I am so sorry to be the one that says this cuz I hated when people said it to me but the biggest thing is TIME - they will all lighten with time and become easier to cover and to look at yourself in the mirror. I still have some remaining marks that I am looking to get rid so like you would love to know if there is something that helps. At the moment I am trying apple cider vinegar toner.

Good luck! and keep your chin up.

Originally Posted by honestrinh637 /img/forum/go_quote.gif i have a lot of scars from picking my acne!! grr i cant help it but been stopping now..seriously it has really effected my self esteem..sad to the point i wont even look in the mirror..no joke..no lie..i look in the mirror maybe once a week .thats a maybe..do anyone have any help on how to get ride of acne scars or atleast fade it a bit?? i really would appreciate it..thanks! Dont worry and dont stress out because stressing would get u more pimples and lead more scars and bt they way i had lotttss of acne from white heads to blackheads to red pimples ahh and SCARS TOO and in da morning i use a glycolic based cleanser after it i use a moisture with sunscreen 30+ anddd then a whitening cream then at night i use to glycolic based cleanser then a daily exfoliant that contains glycolic to den after it i use Retin A cream its a cream from da dr and once a week i use epidermx microdermabrasion den after that i put Emu oil cream and my face has improved some acne scars r alll gone and some r still der but very lighttt and my whiteheads r all gone and some pimples r gone to but i still get pimples speacialy b4 the time of the month

I hope that helped andd if u try this rotiune and still didnt help but i think it will help u then gooo to a beautician and get glycloic peels or microdermabrasion

You can also try mederma or neosporin. Another is try a gentle exfoliant scrub (ONLY if you do not have active acne). Or try a product with an AHA in it. Our (Arbonne) line has a great Serum that has helped fade mine and totally cleared my back and chest....not even my dermatologist prescription meds made a difference....so I was totally sold!

I feel your pain im in the same position. Not so bad now after accutane. But its pretty tough finding a treatment for scars. I have been looking for a few years now. The best I can do is cover it up with makeup and a good primer (Smashbox photofinish primer)

welcome to MuT! we've got a few great threads on this subject already, so i'm gonna close this to keep all discussions together, but feel free to post in the threads below!
smile.gif

Back