My hair! :( Rant: STUPID HAIR STYLIST!!!!! :(

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
doh.gif
So.... My last hair cut was in december 2005, when I went back home (Brazil). It's been 9 months... I always told my friends here that I only have my hair cut in Brazil because my hair dresser back home is DA BOMB and she knows exactly how my hair works. However... It's been 9 months! My hair was super long, so I thought I would give it a try.

I went to the City Looks salon, which is an Aveda concept salon and is supposed to be the best one in Rochester... But hey.. This is Rochester, MN, so.... Anyways, you can choose from 4 levels of expertise. I, of course, picked someone that was a level 4, meaning she is very experienced.

Let me tell you girls, this was the worst experience of my life!!!!! She washed my hair in like 1.5 mins, then she cut it shorter than I wanted (which is fine, all hair stylists do this anyways, it will grow back), then she asked me "would you like me to dry it all the way or just dry it a little bit?". And I thought that was a very stupid question, if I am paying the big bucks in for a hair cut, she's gotta style it properly right? So I asked her to dry it. She used a small round brush which I thought was very akward. As she was blowdrying it, I saw my hair growing bigger and bigger, getting frizzier and frizzier, not getting any shape at all. I was frightened (LOL), but i was thinking to myself "Ok, maybe she will do something smart in the end and pull it off, or use a flat iron or something". And then... She was done!!!!

Girls, I am telling ya, I can't see how that lazy a** woman thought she was finished!!!! I mean, it was pure lazy work, it was AWFUL!!!!!! My hair looked horrible, I was looking like a LION, I swear!!!! And it felt so terrible, felt so stiff and frizzy ARGH!!!!!!!

So I went home and took pictures!!!! Look what she did and considered her final product!!! (It looks better in the pics than it did in real life):

Attachment 24454Attachment 24455Attachment 24456

What did she do to my bangs??? What the heck????
bs.gif
Attachment 24457

So I went home, got my flat iron.. I never use it, but today I was glad I had one at home!!!!! And I fixed it myself. I still dont like the cut, but at least I am not a lion anymore!

Attachment 24452Attachment 24453

My next hair cut is already scheduled!!! May, 2007 --> When I go to Brazil for my wedding!!!!

STUPID WOMAN!!! ARGHHHHHH! I am so mad!

Sorry about the rant. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I feel better already. LOL

So sorry you had to go through that.I would have complain to the manger about it.I had a perm put in one time,and it came out looking like I was stuck in the 70's.I complained to them about and didn't leave did they fix it!After that I never had a perm put in again.I believe alot of these people don't even know what they are doing,and should'nt be allowed to cut anyone hair.
scared.gif
icon_frown.gif

your facial expressions are great!!!!! I hope you didn't give her a tip?! Did you let her know you were not pleased? You made it look very nice yourself!! I guess that's why I'm scared to go to anyone but my "Kylie"!!

Hope you next hair cut works out better for you.

Thanks girls. No, I didnt complain... I am too shy for that, unfortunatelly. I can't believe that woman is a level 4 though!!! I could have done a better job myself without paying anything....

Everytime I see your semi-pissed facial expression, I can't help but laugh. It's great that you can put a comedic spin on something that can totally ruin your day.

With that said, your hair has a naturally beautiful quality to it, I think it can be rebounded in a few days once it gets over the shock of that horrible hair stylist.

I'm so sorry you had a bad experience Thais!! Your hair is gorgous though! Are you still using HSH? I didn't know you had a date set for your wedding!! Yay, how exciting! I got married in May (21st) also and it was perfect! What day in May are you getting married!! Sorry that was off topic, oh well!!! Love your shirt in your pics, by the way!

Sorry about your experience. You hair looks good by the way. I love the bangs, I can never pull bangs like that, my hair is too straight and bangs just makes me look like those dogs who have all the hair on the face and can't see.

Originally Posted by AprilRayne /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm so sorry you had a bad experience Thais!! Your hair is gorgous though! Are you still using HSH? I didn't know you had a date set for your wedding!! Yay, how exciting! I got married in May (21st) also and it was perfect! What day in May are you getting married!! Sorry that was off topic, oh well!!! Love your shirt in your pics, by the way! Nope, I ran out of HSH.
smile.gif
I am using a shampoo and conditioner by Redken now. She washed my hair with Aveda stuff though.Congrats on your wedding! Mine will be on May 12th, 2007!
smile.gif
In Rio de Janeiro, my hometown.
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by bluebird26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sorry about your experience. You hair looks good by the way. I love the bangs, I can never pull bangs like that, my hair is too straight and bangs just makes me look like those dogs who have all the hair on the face and can't see. LOL!

Is Jamie from Rio too? I probably spelled his name wrong, sorry!! If not, are you doing something in his hometown? My hubbies from LA so we got married and had a reception here in Utah and then had a reception in LA and flew off to Acapulco for our honeymoon!!

Originally Posted by NoxiousByProxy /img/forum/go_quote.gif Everytime I see your semi-pissed facial expression, I can't help but laugh. It's great that you can put a comedic spin on something that can totally ruin your day. LOL Ditto! I love your expressions and you have a great attitude, Thais!
I think you have beautiful hair and I wish I could go that long between hair cuts. Mine gets so dang scraggly if I don't atleast trim it every 6 weeks or so. I had a trim today and told her to angle cut my bangs more and they look kinda retarded and too short right now but oh well, like you said, it'll grow.

Originally Posted by AprilRayne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Is Jamie from Rio too? I probably spelled his name wrong, sorry!! If not, are you doing something in his hometown? My hubbies from LA so we got married and had a reception here in Utah and then had a reception in LA and flew off to Acapulco for our honeymoon!! Nope, he is Canadian.
smile.gif
Most of his family is going to Rio for the wedding though.
You know what I was thinking... I couldnt believe when she asked me whether I wanted her to blow dry it all the way or just a little bit... Imagine if you were my patient, and you come to see me for an appointment and I ask you "Would you like me to do half the physical exam or the full physical exam?" You know????? Such a stupid question!!!

You still look beautiful!! I'm sorry you got a bad cut. If it makes you feel any better, I'm only "allowed" to get my hair cut once every year and half when Great Clips has their haircuts for $6.99.

I like the volume she gave you. I think it looks glamourous & great.

Originally Posted by Salope /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like the volume she gave you. I think it looks glamourous & great. LOL I dont think she chose to give me volume... She was just too lazy to dry it straight!! You have no idea how thick and brittle it felt to the touch.. ARGH!

lol i love your facial expressions!

I agree with the first couple of pics, but when you flat ironed it-I really really liked it!!!! Don't worry so much!

I'm going to have to check the pictures when I get home, since pics don't show up properly at work (but from what I can see, your expressions are super-sexy!).

I'm glad I'm pretty zen about my hair, but I think that's due to countless hair-related horrors. I remember going in for a simple trim when I was about 14, and the guy who did it was the spawn of Satan because he basically just bunched my hair together and cut straight across, then when he blowdried it, he didn't go from top to bottom, but the other way around making my hair dry and superfrizzy. And I have THICK hair. I was way too shy to say anything and didn't think he was doing it on purpose then, but in retrospect, I remember him smirking at his coworker when he was drying my hair...Yeah, can you say "HATER"?

Another time a couple of years ago, I got a good cut, but when she styled it she went overboard with the curling iron and made me look like one of those precious little collector porcelain dolls. I had to walk through the mall looking like that...

Anyway, it's only hair and it'll grow out is what I tell myself. You can always ask a friend (or even a random lady) with great hair where they get theirs cut if you really hate the new style, though it doesn't look that bad judging by the thumbnails I can see.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NoxiousByProxy /img/forum/go_quote.gif Everytime I see your semi-pissed facial expression, I can't help but laugh. It's great that you can put a comedic spin on something that can totally ruin your day.
With that said, your hair has a naturally beautiful quality to it, I think it can be rebounded in a few days once it gets over the shock of that horrible hair stylist.

i totally agree! i think you look beautiful either way, but i'm sorry your experience wasn't
frown.gif

lol, well, I know we are all our own worse critic with regards to our hair (my mom's always telling me she likes my hair when I just blowdry it, even though I think it looks tons better flat-ironed), but other than the kind of funny bangs in your 4th pick, I think your stylist did a fine job blow-drying your hair! At least in the pictures, it looks full of body and not dry or frizzy at all! And did you tell her that you wanted it dried straight and sleek? If not, maybe she just assumed that you'd like some volume added to your hair! Not everyone likes straight hair so she wouldn't know that's what you wanted!

As for asking to dry it all the way, all the places I go ask me that question, but I also only go to cheaper places like Fantastic Sam's so maybe that's why
wink.gif
Most of the time I get my hair cut as my last stop before going home (because I don't like to wear it down unless it's flat-ironed), so when they ask me if I want it dried all the way I say no since I'm going straight home to sit on my couch in front of the TV and it doesn't matter, lol. I figure why should I waste their time blowdrying my hair, when I don't care about it and when the stylist has other customers waiting? So I don't think there's anything wrong with asking whether you want it dried... now if she just dried it half-way and said, "OK we're done!" without asking, that would be pretty rude! lol

Back