Chanel - Black Satin Nail Polish

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, so I've always kinda liked black nail polish now and then... I think I used one by L'Oreal before. So I heard that Chanel made a black nail polish called Black Satin... I decided I needed it. I looked and looked online, and realized... this is a hot new product and all department stores are out of it. So I check out ebay... 55 dollars, 72 dollars, 63 dollars. Uh no... I'm not that crazy. I'd obviously pay that for a good foundation or face cream, but nail polish!?!? Anyway, I decided to just stick with my L'Oreal black nail polish. Then again I may change my mind! What do you all think of this nail polish? Is it worth it? What's the most costly beauty product you bought, and was it worth it? Nic

i dont think its worth it- and i would only buy black nail polish for halloween or something, and the most expensive things i just bought were the mac 182 brush and the sedu straightener for 125.00 but i have to say they were so worth it
smile.gif

hhmm... you have me curious about the Sedu Straightener. I have naturally curly hair, and used some good ceramic straighteners before. Since I moved, my sister kinda just took possession of mine. I need a new one. I checked out the Sedu, and I like what I see.. so you love it?

i love it so far, i only used it once so far but my hair feels like silk and i was even out in the rain today and that usually makes my hair FRIZZY but its still good , it just glided through my hair ( the straightener) i didnt want to spend 125.00 for it , but its worth it
smile.gif

Do not buy the Chanel. This is what I have done to make an awesome duplicate of this now trendy nail polish....

I used Milani Black Magic and MAC platinum pigment. I just used tweezers to add little bits of the pigment to the nail polish. replaced the cap and shook it until it was mixed. No specific amount--just enough to give it that sought after subtle shimmer in Black Satin. Beware--the polish will separate, but once you shake it it will go back to normal with no adverse effects. If you swatch the Chanel and my concoction side by side, you cannot tell the difference.

I suppose any black nail polish will do, but I find this particular Milani goes on opaque in one coat and is does not streak. You can also use silver pigment--just make sure it is a metal, although frost may work as well.

i heard black nail polish is really popular. i read in a magazine and they featured chanel in it, too. i can't think of which one, though.

never tried it i like opi linkin park after dark i dont think i would spend that much on nail polish

Alot of people have been using black nailpolish with the platinum pigment as someone already said. I think thats wayyyy cheaper than paying all that money.

I don't think is wise to invest all that money in nail polish, it's better to find a cheaper alternative. I like Opi very much but i buy the cheap Bettina brand when i want to try something different/funky and totally not me..like black nail polish.

My guess is pretty soon we'll see the drugstore equivalent of Black Satin, just like it happeneded with Vamp.

I think I may get this straightener. I can't decide if I should get the 1" or the 1.5" What do you think?

Quiana thanks for the idea. I guess I didn't want to spend the money because that's not something I would use regularly. It's just something to give me a break from my usual french manicure. Hhhmm...the only thing, I'm guessing the mac platinum is discontinued, because I couldn't find it. Do you know, is it? Thanks for the help.

Nic

It's in fact a pro pigment, which means that you have to order it by phone to the mac pro stores.

On another thread i mentioned an website that sold opi and china glaze nailpolishes much cheaper (like 3 dollars per bottle)

I still have so much to learn. Thanks Lia!

I checked out the mac pro, something I never knew existed. So cool.

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think I may get this straightener. I can't decide if I should get the 1" or the 1.5" What do you think?
Quiana thanks for the idea. I guess I didn't want to spend the money because that's not something I would use regularly. It's just something to give me a break from my usual french manicure. Hhhmm...the only thing, I'm guessing the mac platinum is discontinued, because I couldn't find it. Do you know, is it? Thanks for the help.

Nic

you will love the straightener and i bought the 1.5 because my hair is long is yours? if so i would get the 1.5 its so much faster the 1 inch is for short hair or bangs
smile.gif
good luck

Thanks, I'm ordering it now. I'm glad I saw your post, I have long hair so I'll need the 1.5.... I almost ordered the 1"

Thank, I can't wait to get it.

Nic

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks, I'm ordering it now. I'm glad I saw your post, I have long hair so I'll need the 1.5.... I almost ordered the 1"
Thank, I can't wait to get it.

Nic

your gonna love it, its been like 3 days now and my hair is still straight and smooth , i never go without washing my hair for 3 days ! i guess im just so amazed and it still looks good- but im washing it tonight for sure
smile.gif
good luck and where are you buying it from ? if folica.com they have a 30 day return policy so if you dont love it,return it -thats what made me purchase it,but i love it and i will NEVER return it
smile.gif
enjoy

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif i heard black nail polish is really popular. i read in a magazine and they featured chanel in it, too. i can't think of which one, though. Yeah, I saw this on a news show, Today or something like that. I couldnt believe black polish was in now. The only time I have ever worn black nailpolish was senior year high school for Halloween, we had a really goth freshman class, so the senior class dressed up like the freshman for Halloween. I wore my brothers jeans so they would be huge, had black eyeshadow, and black nails, did my hair weird, and most people sprayed their hair pink. It was fun, lol.

The prices are just crazy. I like the black nail polish, and I have a Milani black nail polish, but I sure wouldn't pay $50+ for a bottle of nail polish that will be out of style in a few months.

I love black nailpolish...I think Ill do mine black tommorrow!

I got my Sedu!!!!! I'm so excited!!! Going to try it...

One thing though, do you use straightening products? If you do, what do you use? For some reasom my hair is never greasy, but whenever I straighten my hair, the next morning my hair looks like a grease pit. I could never get away going two days without washing my hair, but i could if my hair is curly (I use products when it is curly too). It's annoying...

Back