Bump by the bellybutton piercing

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i got my bellybutton pierced about six months ago. right now i got a small bump by the side of the piercing and it wont seem to go away. in the beginning i played with it a lot and i changed the piercing before it healed completely. can any one tell me if this bump will go away or if theres anything i can do about it?? thank you.

i had one by the side of my nose when i had my nose pierced. it seems to happen everytime i had put a ring in it insted of a stud. i never did get why it happened. which reminds me i should get it repierced again.

Is the bump red or painful, and does it have any type head on top? After I had my done several months later I had a bump appear and it got really red and painful. I washed the site with dial anti bacterial soap twice a day and did epson salts soaks once a day using warm water and one teaspoon epson salt. It cleared it right up. Hope this helps.......

See a dermatologist ASAP! This could be a keloid. If so, manipulating it will make it grow larger.

maybe its scare tissue but i know what your talking about i have one too as long as its not red or painful it should be ok with any surgical procedure scare tissue hardens around the site

I had one for a while too...............put back in your original piercing ring and keep it there for 6 months.........try using some witch hazel and stop playing with it!!!!

Originally Posted by han /img/forum/go_quote.gif maybe its scare tissue but i know what your talking about i have one too as long as its not red or painful it should be ok with any surgical procedure scare tissue hardens around the site I agree, if it doesnt hurt it could be the scar tissue

thanks everyone. yeah i will get it checked out. i dont think its going to be anything serious, well i hope not.

i had something like this happen with one of my nipple piercings i think it was due to being pierced to far into my nipple i did everything i could think of to get it to go away but it would only go away for as long as a week and it would come right back. i ended up taking it out and im done with it now. i do know from previous situations tho that tea tree oil and sea salt work wonders on piercings

my daughter had the same thing. I called the dermotologist and they said to take it out and push where the bump is and some infection would come out. We did it and alot of infection came out plus they ordered her an antibotic to take orally and it cleared up in about a week. But you have to keep pushing the pus out also

Betty

Originally Posted by speerrituall1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif See a dermatologist ASAP! This could be a keloid. If so, manipulating it will make it grow larger. I agree.

yep, could be keloid scarring or could go away. You've got to keep it perfectly clean and do NOT play w/ it!!! I'd go to a piercing place or the one you had it done at for tips on how to clean it properly and take care of it.

I remember when I got mine done, took a freakin' year to heal, man that was painful!!

You may want to clean it with alcohol everyday - so if that helps
smile.gif

I had something similar happen - but it went away and didn't come back!

I seem to get a tiny bump on my ear lobe everytime i put silver studs in, but soon as i take them out it goes, yet i can wear silver hoops just fine. Try swapping the bar with a different one.

it is probably a keloid, in which case you can do nothing about it. I would go back to the piercing parlor and ask their oppinion after they have a look at it.

Back