Brad Pitt: I'll marry when everyone can

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
bpitt.jpg

NEW YORK - Brad Pitt, ever the social activist, says he won't be marrying Angelina Jolie until the restrictions on who can marry whom are dropped.

"Angie and I will consider tying the knot when everyone else in the country who wants to be married is legally able," the 42-year-old actor reveals in Esquire magazine's October issue, on newsstands Sept. 19.

In the article he reflects on "fifteen things I think everyone should know."

Though Shiloh, the world-famous daughter of Pitt and girlfriend/earth mother Angelina Jolie, hogged much attention upon her birth in May, Pitt says he "cannot imagine life" without adopted children, Maddox, 5, and Zahara, 1.

"They're as much of my blood as any natural born, and I'm theirs," says Pitt. "That's all I can say about it. I can't live without them. So: Anyone considering (adoption), that's my vote."

Pitt, who plays a world traveler in the upcoming drama "Babel," subscribes to a laid-back parenting style.

"I try not to stifle them in any way," he says. "If it's not hurting anyone, I want them to be able to explore. Sometimes that means they're quite rambunctious."

Lucky kids.

"I feel it's really important to have that time to sit and talk to them," he continues. "I really like that last minute before they fade off. And always give them a heads-up before you jerk them out of something. You need to tell them, like, `You have three more minutes.'"

SOURCE

awww...i knew he'd make a great dad ever since i saw him on diane sawyer tearing over wanting kids.

Apparently when he married Aniston he didn't care about who could get married. Hrmm.

thanks for posting.

does it annoy everyone else how he's all of a sudden become some sort of saint? marry when everyone else does? wtf? i mean, of course, it's GREAT, but i feel like he's being fake or kissing angie's ass.

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif does it annoy everyone else how he's all of a sudden become some sort of saint? marry when everyone else does? wtf? i mean, of course, it's GREAT, but i feel like he's being fake or kissing angie's ass. I agree!

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif haha. what a whipped bastard. He probably proposed and got turned down. hahaha!
it also doesn't look too great considering he's already been married! what a loser.

He probably thinks that everyone is about to change the laws all of a sudden just so he and Angelina can get married. I'd love to see it, but I doubt it'd happen.

He is acting like a saint all of a sudden. I don't know if he does it for publicity, but has anyone else noticed how he always becomes who he's dating? He's like a camelion...doesn't have his own style, so he soaks up his partner's. Check it out:

Originally Posted by hermanita /img/forum/go_quote.gif He is acting like a saint all of a sudden. I don't know if he does it for publicity, but has anyone else noticed how he always becomes who he's dating? He's like a camelion...doesn't have his own style, so he soaks up his partner's. Check it out: how funny! i never realized that.

just another way for them to say- we won't be married because neither of us is capable of being monogamous. Wankers!

Originally Posted by BrooklynMimi /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow it's interesting how many of you know Brad and Angelina. oh, gosh- you didn't get that memo? we're all neighbors and we do sunday brunch together at Morton's. LOL!

I really think its being said because people are bugging them for a wedding date. Either way, I know that I still have time to nab him. LOL

It's a BS excuse, but its not anyone's business anyway. Some people just choose not to go through the whole marriage thing (thinking its the nail in the coffin or something). And there are celebrity couples who have been together forever and just choose not to get married (like Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russel or Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon). I am kind of afraid of doing the whole "marriage" thing as well. I might be "dating" someone for several years. Commitment phobe that I am.
eusa_whistle.gif

Originally Posted by sm91396 /img/forum/go_quote.gif oh, gosh- you didn't get that memo? we're all neighbors and we do sunday brunch together at Morton's. LOL! lmao! on fridays, we go to friendly's for dinner. cheap people.

Originally Posted by shockn /img/forum/go_quote.gif Apparently when he married Aniston he didn't care about who could get married. Hrmm. Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif thanks for posting.
does it annoy everyone else how he's all of a sudden become some sort of saint? marry when everyone else does? wtf? i mean, of course, it's GREAT, but i feel like he's being fake or kissing angie's ass.

rotfl.gif
Whatever it is ladies, you are making me laugh! And a good laugh is exactly what I needed!
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by mabelwan /img/forum/go_quote.gif another words is that marriage is impossible for them. Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif haha. what a whipped bastard. He probably proposed and got turned down. Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif hahaha!it also doesn't look too great considering he's already been married! what a loser.

So you think this is
bs.gif
?
wink.gif

Originally Posted by crazy13eautiful /img/forum/go_quote.gif He probably thinks that everyone is about to change the laws all of a sudden just so he and Angelina can get married. I'd love to see it, but I doubt it'd happen. Ok, on a serious note now: I know some gay people really want gay marriage to be legalized, while others could NOT care less. It's like anything else, depending on what individual you talk to, it's a big deal while with others it just isn't.

maybe there happy with the way things are you dont need to legalize it to be happy and in love and im all for gay rights you are who you are people should accept that and let them be happy

Back