Mineral Make-up and pores

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all - Ive tried using mmu, and I love the way it looks, especially as I have oily skin, the only problem is by midday, the oil on my face has kind of 'pushed' the makeup and my pores are so much more visible cos the make-up kind of cakes around them....

yuck I know!
smile.gif
Can anyone suggest anything to make this work, as I would love to be able to continue using this - maybe its my application technique?

I use Lily Lilo mmu, but i think I will give EDM a shot, and I use a BE brush to buff the minerals in...

I couldn't wear mmu for that reason - made my pores look huge. I wish I could help - maybe someone here can give you some advice to help, but, nothing worked for me. Good luck.

I use lily lolo and its fine for me. I dont have oily skin though.. maybe you could try a primer first? or lily lolo oil control finishing powder?

yeah, i think you need a primer, too. try pureluxe's eraser powder or cream...i love them! they make my pores look smaller.

I've heard (but haven't tried) that you could apply your mineral makeup with a damp flocked sponge (this sets the makeup) and use a pressing, rocking motion. Lighter shades can cause pores to appear more prominent because they are more luminous. It also depends on what ingredients are in your makeup.

I use MMU and I have very oily skin with prominent pores on my cheeks. The makeup I use covers my pores, but doesn't make them stand out and it lasts all day.

My step by step routine is this:

I apply my rice powder based mineral veil first, then foundation, then concealer, then a luminous powder, then more mineral veil to finish. You can try that and see if it helps.

i find that a primer is invaluable with mmu as i too have huge pores. it totally helps to smooth everything over.

as i am applying the mmu, i use a sponge to apply one layer, then a damp kabuki brush to apply the last layer. it gives me a flawless finish and really smooths everything out

this happened to me too when using mineral make-up. it also made me really shiny in pics. so i just gave up!

When using mineral makeup, I always use the sandwich method:

Using a concealer brush, apply finishing powder (mineral veil, finishing dust, etc) on oily areas and where pores tend to get enlarged (like side of the nose). I then do the usual swirling, tapping and buffing of the minerals (I like spritzing my brush with MAC Fix+ moisture spray), then apply finishing powder again using the kabuki or a BE flawless application brush.

This method really helps in minimizing the appearance of pores.

Originally Posted by oceanmist /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've heard (but haven't tried) that you could apply your mineral makeup with a damp flocked sponge (this sets the makeup) and use a pressing, rocking motion. Lighter shades can cause pores to appear more prominent because they are more luminous. It also depends on what ingredients are in your makeup.
I use MMU and I have very oily skin with prominent pores on my cheeks. The makeup I use covers my pores, but doesn't make them stand out and it lasts all day.

My step by step routine is this:

I apply my rice powder based mineral veil first, then foundation, then concealer, then a luminous powder, then more mineral veil to finish. You can try that and see if it helps.

I would love to know what oceanmist is using as far as mm. I'm oily and have yet to find a brand where I'm not a greasepit or my pores look huge

Amynyc, I can't respond to PMs because my post count is not high enough.
icon_sad.gif

I think you can send me an email if you want. I'll check and make sure it's not limited in my profile.

Back